9 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

LG72 was in Ookla season so it’s in spirit :P

I’ll accept votes for either the original name or the full Ookla name. If you vote for Ookla I will… be sad.

but if i vote for ookla when there’s only one ookla here am i voting for bookwyrm?

edit: also can i just do ‘the perpetual’?

Edited by Turtle

3 minutes ago, Turtle said:

but if i vote for ookla when there’s only one ookla here am i voting for bookwyrm?

edit: also can i just do ‘the perpetual’?

... no :P

The full Ookla name lets me search for it / remember it's a new name a bit better.

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

To TUN

Hide contents
  Hide contents

I think people are reading my PMs...........

Hide contents

Since Turtle refused me, wanna play some games?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Shouldn't we just discuss this is the elim doc?

Also, Turtle, by choosing that name, I think you have forced Araris and Dannnnex to be the Stab vote and the Sword (honestly am blanking on if that's his name for it) vote respectively. 

@Ashbringer Can I preemptively say what I'll be Ookla of? Since I want to actually start on the 26th and I might not remember.

Does anyone have the current VC? I can’t find the previous one. 

Okay, wow guys, so many posts so little time. I’m only able to read one or two at a time throughout the day (especially the analyzing posts), and I’m on mobile, so forgive my shortcomings here. 

Sorry, Archer, I didn’t see your post until waaaaaaaay too late. Guess we will never know if I would have joined you or not. ;)

Kas…. Why me? 

PS. Loving the in thread PMs. You all are geniuses. And speaking of in-thread PMs….

Did no one else think it would actually be really clever of the elims to do an in-thread PM and pretend it was a joke? Just because I feel like it’s something that could be a rouse to direct suspicion elsewhere TUN

22 minutes ago, Chantara said:

Kas…. Why me? 

Because I wanted to kill you :)

7 hours ago, ookla the POKE VOTE said:

kas is quoting from other games a lot will look at his meta ig it just stands out to me

You're in luck because I have just three Elim games in current SE, so it is very easy to go through all of them :)

Collected in this post in LG90, which is fine as it's V!me :)

25 minutes ago, Chantara said:

Did no one else think it would actually be really clever of the elims to do an in-thread PM and pretend it was a joke? Just because I feel like it’s something that could be a rouse to direct suspicion elsewhere TUN

If so, why TUN, given that Silho inaugurated it?

9 hours ago, Archer said:

His obsession with Turtle was a red flag for me but it's probably just a case of Kas will talk a lot regardless of how much there is to talk about. 

I just find this a very weird diagnosis considered I confirmed both actively in QF63 and tacitly in prior games that I directly respond to games I've played directly before the one I'm currently in, and had no reason to lie about it given I was a Villager in QF63. I came out of a game where I got blindsided by E!Turtle, as did Xino - do you seriously think that's not something I'd feel is worthy of learning from? I just came out of two games (QF63, LG90) where I repeatedly formed wrong suspicions and fell to my tendency to go One Thing on fellow Village players - do you seriously think I shouldn't take it as a learning point and actively enter this game being more careful of my thoughts and impulses?

What's the point of playing these games if you are going to do the same things over and over again and not actually learn?

8 hours ago, Alvron said:

Thankfully, my alignment has zero impact on how I act in thread.  If you wish I can direct you to Zunn the Mad, Joxter, Mr, Red Facemask or Klaas Vaak games that might help you.  How I act in thread depends purely on my mood.

Spelling it out since I'm less tired now: I guess the thing that struck me about your recent games (LG86, LG90, LG78, and LG73 - though the outlier) is that there's a similar thread through them that I sort of see in Zunn and Klaas Vaak. Zuun and Klaas Vaak remind me more of me when I'm going full-throated RP style. (SIGH. I really owe RP huh.) You actively comment on thread things as Zunn, just within Zunn constraints. You alternated between you things and a side of Village things as Vaak.

At the same time, I'm not sure I get the same sense Illwei does that you're deliberately playing up the chaotic. I was honestly more or less filing it away as 'regular Alv' until you linked the Zunn game and the other games and I went to backread and compare to the other four I was looking at.

Another hand (so many) is that you're another player I dislike going after on D1 or actively want to be Village which influences me as well.

And finally, I suppose: I think it would be hypocritical to agree with your post about playstyle change and to also go after you for a difference in...for what feels like a fundamental difference in engagement and orientation with the game.

7 hours ago, Archer said:

is it wrong to village read Alv for not using the NK to commit their vendetta

This is important.

Willing/Don't Care: <Alv, Mat, Stick, Xino, TUN, Bookwyrm, JNV, Xino, Wiz, Araris

Not Willing: <Elk, Insanity, Tani, Szeth, Cash, Chantara, Archer, Turtle, Illwei>

Wiz feels off.

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

Willing/Don't Care: <Alv, Mat, Stick, Xino, TUN, Bookwyrm, JNV, Xino, Wiz, Araris

Not Willing: <Elk, Insanity, Tani, Szeth, Cash, Chantara, Archer, Turtle, Illwei>

Wiz feels off.

I don't understand. I was going to say the numbers are off but there are - 

Right, I'm a fool, I doublecounted Xino. Should be:

Willing/Don't Care: <Alv, Mat, Stick, Xino, TUN, Bookwyrm, JNV, Silho, Wiz, Araris

There we go.

6 hours ago, Chantara said:

I actually wouldn't be mad if you guys lynched me for this.

I was kicking myself wishing I was an elim

I've finally caught up on Calculus homework and can finally focus on the game now.

Here's the VC and if it's wrong I blame all of you who forgot to put in their retraction votes, that and my tired, tired brain.It should still be right, I think.

Full VC: 

Spoiler

Stick (0): Kas

Mat (2): Shining, Turtle, Kas, Insa, Bookwyrm

Archer (0): Mat

Wiz (5): Archer, Xino, Elk, Kas, Szeth

TUN (2): Stick, Szeth, Chantara

Insa (1): Bookwyrm, Mat

Chantara (0): Wiz, Kas

Alvron (1): Araris, Elk, Illwei

Araris (0): TUN

Bookwyrm (2): JNV, Wiz, Araris, Xino, Elk

Xino (1): Araris

Szeth (1): TUN

VC:

Mat (2): Shining, Insa

TUN (2): Stick, Chantara

Insa (1): Mat

Alvron (1): Illwei

Bookwyrm (2): JNV, Wiz

Xino (1): Araris

Szeth (1): TUN

I feel strongest about Bookwyrm, though the dice is telling me to go TUN...

I need to do a actually re-read instead of a skim for votes, though they pointed how I thought they were going to point.

I'm tired and I'll look it over again later, though I feel like Bookwyrm is most looking the most evil to me currently.

1. That SAUDI ARABIA UPSET. 100% worth postponing meds for.

2. RP still going to be postponed, RIP. 

3. Thoughts before I forget, since tomorrow will be a mess:

23 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Yeah there is nothing about how honorblades are currently distributed , but when the shaman takes action and can’t offload the stuff fast enough, then it becomes random handouts 

Hasn't played this. No baseline.

21 hours ago, Elkanah said:

@Shining Silhouette

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I have realized I was eavesdropping on your private conversation with Kasimir and I apologize. I will try to do better. He did make some really interesting points, though.

My spell worked! I need to get better at it though. I saw Alvron view the thread momentarily, but I failed to have enough juju to summon his words.

/shrug because that was a lot of Alv obsession earlier and I wondered if it was overanchoring on the poke. Moot now but I'm trawling in search of the quotes I do want and it still stood out to me on re-read.

23 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I know, and you retracting the poke before she posted is a different conversation, but my point was that you were quick to tell Araris that Alv hasn't posted, but didn't bother mentioning that Insanity hasn't (and I'd argue you implied she had, whether on purpose or not)

Warned about where? :ph34r: 

Like the feel of the first part better on re-read, more free-wheeling than I've gotten the sense off E!Mat. Feel :| about the bolded part, felt like a restrained response if you suspect doc communication (given no existing PMs and Cash's first game.) Washes out again I guess.

21 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Mat

Hmm. Not interested in litigating Bookwyrm/Insanity again, but this is a less measured and thought-through response than later and I'm curious what changed, @InfiniteInsanity. Later response linked for reference:

18 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Y'all are posting and thinking faster than my brain can handle currently. I just need a couple of hours to sort out what's going on and figure out my own thoughts before I can attempt to tell you what they are.

21 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

That's fair, yeah. I easily could be. It's a weird line to walk and I guess I'm fine erring on being wrong today, but as I said that as an excuse gets old fast. We can't just discount every interaction they have the entire game.

That's the assumption, but I don't see what it has to do with anything? That being said, how much 'coaching' was used as reasoning annoyed even e!me in LG90 so I already regret mentioning the possibility :P It's something that's real, but also something that's such a big red herring a lot of the time.

Still not fond of this. Why think about the future cycles now when we're really focused on right here and right now and current grounds for suspicion?

20 hours ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

I haven't read all of these posts that magically appeared while I was gone.

Mat. He seems to be looking for proof in something that isn't relevant, which is suspicious.

Opportunistic af. Dislike. 

20 hours ago, JNV said:

Heres a quokka

Best vod.

20 hours ago, ookla the POKE VOTE said:

tbh kas could be e but i’ll wait a bit before i vote him cos he’s helpful to us late game and i think i can get a better read on him later game

This is a nonsensical response from:

A. Someone who hasn't played with me in late game to the point of mentioning needing to go look up my games, and
B. Someone who won QF63.

I don't understand where this is coming from, and dislike it mildly on principle where it feels like wanting to keep the option on the table.

20 hours ago, Elkanah said:

Same, but I'm tapping the brakes for a minute.

Actually why?

19 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And you accuse my points of being weak :P. Sorry, but that's what, the only thing you've ever read me elim for, broadly speaking? It's no better for me to respond to that point than no point at all, imo. Maybe when I flip village you'll stop saying that about me :P 

I want to read this in a positive light, but I can't. I think this particular one just ends up being a solid blank for me.

19 hours ago, Elkanah said:

I realize this thread is exploding like an egg in a microwave, but I'd really like to hear more about this. I don't think Mat suspecting people of working together is indicative of him being Tukari. I recognize that Kas has experience, other reasons, and a little trauma that support his suspicion; but do you have any support for this other than that Kas is suspicious of him? Please feel free to take the time you need to catch up on the thread, but I'm eager to know if there is more to this.

Being a bit blunt, this is the most suspicious post I've seen this game and there's not a lot in it. It feels like you were looking for an opportunity to be present in thread and solidify a lynch without being noticed. You are currently my top suspect and I might vote for you if we ever hear from Alvron. :P

First para: This sparks joy.

Second para: This does not spark joy. Hesitancy to go after a top suspect feels ? but we've litigated this.

19 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

You are casting a self-preservation vote even though there are *checks watch* nearly 36 hours left in the cycle?

I don't know how to feel about this. Araris seems more off the ball than I've usually seen him and I don't understand what is going on. Part of me keeps thinking about Araris's willingness to switch up. Part of me wonders if E!Araris does that. All of me knows E!Araris is tough to read and I usually read Araris wanting him to be Village so I am going to move on at this point.

19 hours ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

Mat (3): Shining, Insanity, Bookwyrm
Wizard (2): Archer, Xino
TUN (3): Stick, Szeth, Mat
Araris (1): TUN
Bookwyrm (4): JNV, Wizard, Araris, Elkanah

What if we made it more than 3 :ph34r:

Bookwyrm Wizard

Kind of not sure I see E!Xino doing this. I think it's time for me to re-open my Xino Study again.

19 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I'm fine with a tie.

Ties help reveal alignments.

As Mat points out, this is...mid-cycle? I feel a bit eh about this. But it's probably understandably prompted by Xino. I don't disagree with the sentiment either.

19 hours ago, Elkanah said:

We could summon a wild Alvron!

Bookwyrm Wizard

If I haven't yet asked this: bro is there a reason of all the players you are especially hellbent on summoning Alv. And what do you plan to do now you have summoned him?

19 hours ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

I voted Mat because he saw something suspicious from his POV, and I had a hard time empathizing. He's doing the exact same thing I did, so my vote isn't really justified.

I am struggling to understand how this line of reasoning works.

18 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I completely forgot about vote manip >.<

I actually like this a bit. I feel it's a slip a Villager is more likely to make than an Elim.

18 hours ago, Elkanah said:

It wasn't so important that I kept my vote on Alv as that I refrained from voting on Bookwyrm for one sketchy post.

Ok, misread this the first time. Fair enough. 

18 hours ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

In all seriousness, Kas seems to be weirdly active for someone who has, and I quote, “werk werk werk.” But then again, this is Kas.

Bro you literally V read me for this for all of one hot second when we were in a lylo together after proceeding to paranoid on me all game (admittedly I played very badly) and saying I was Evil even after I flipped Village -.-

18 hours ago, Archer said:

Oh boy. I have 15 quotes to drop, so I'm going to bold the ones that actually matter. 

I am not quoting something this long. I liked this post, although I'm aware it's Archer's new style so technically I shouldn't effort clear but he still gets a positive point from it, sure. I've made comments on what I feel to be genuine V effort before. Not fully sure this is it, but I like it.

SE tends to have pretty weak team discipline in the sense that people don't come down hard on you for acting out a little bit. Probably a moot aspect to explore. :P. 

What can I say, my experiences with my teams were that they tended to be a bit more tight about how loose you run.

I like this premise. I'll happily vote Xino for playing to the VC not their suspicions 

In retrospect this is an odd response to me. The original premise was based on a misapprehension of the vote as a self-pres vote. Discovering it wasn't a self-pres vote should have eroded the grounds for suspicion, and I dislike that this was swept under the carpet. Don't disagree with a vote like this midcycle but it feels odd: ties can at least be informative midcycle, so there's the part where I'm wondering if it's a good place to park. Would like to watch this and Archer.

Not quoting Illwei either. Too long. I do get a positive vibe off this post - related to my LG90 thoughts. In general, I haven't known E!Illwei to play to this niche. You could argue it's effort clearing and that one day I'll get bitten, but that engagement currently feels positive to me.

17 hours ago, Alvron said:

Thank you for this Wei.  It made me think 'have I been evil with Elk before?'  Turns out I haven't (unless of course they played under a different name) but it did make me go through my kill list.  Turns out Elk killed me in AG2.

Someone give me Chanarach’s Honorblade!  I have a chance to cross off someone that's been on my kill list for yearsIrJqqvZhqLcNDTcPE5_Pf33GvFmmPzd1GI_UYBntOVMNczT4FyPT3SLFY82k7d79G1jAXKS0m_RdUew2rbiRyVM2896RETE_AtjnC8rw7XIXQeD_dneUtZEl6_ovpnkWFLXZabIpy4L4bxz3rd9juOXY1JVg-_1gzuAOugnYl5hOAhUVEILt1CQmiTXG

See, the thing is, this reads like normal Alv to me. Except on re-reading, I have no idea where my baseline for normal Alv comes from anymore. There's probably a decent answer to be made along the lines that it comes from say, 2014 but damned if I know.

17 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Why is Mat voting for me?

@Matrim's Dice, why are you voting me?

The TUN classic.

16 hours ago, Alvron said:

Thankfully, my alignment has zero impact on how I act in thread.  If you wish I can direct you to Zunn the Mad, Joxter, Mr, Red Facemask or Klaas Vaak games that might help you.  How I act in thread depends purely on my mood.

I've mentioned my thoughts on this subsequently.

16 hours ago, Illwei said:

Unfortunately, one's alignment /does/ actually impact how they play the game, regardless of their intentions or not. One's role also impacts how they play the game, as does any other information they know for any reason. 

Wonderful, a philosophical dispute on causation with quibbling, the one thing I wanted to sign in to the Shard to read :) 

16 hours ago, Archer said:

The difference is you're doing it as a matter of efficiency, maximizing your thread impact with the least amount of effort. My argument with TUN is they are more likely to be just saying they are breaking their trend for the sake of shaking things up but really be doing it as cover for a scummy vote. Because they don't have your grounding philosophy 

Do not understand where this comes from.

16 hours ago, Archer said:

is it wrong to village read Alv for not using the NK to commit their vendetta

*crickets*

Do not like this.

15 hours ago, Illwei said:

As for this turtle/shining interaction, Turtle looks villagery and Shining does not. Shining is coming across as an elim who doens't know how to interact and at the very least wants to try and drag turtle down with him. 

Feels like Illwei can't deal with Chaos!Silho.

13 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Ouch.

What if I'm just having fun?

Must you make it so hard.

13 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Unless you are running a game specifically around that concept, that is.

I don't see why you could have anything to complain about at all!

12 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

LG72 was in Ookla season so it’s in spirit :P

I’ll accept votes for either the original name or the full Ookla name. If you vote for Ookla I will… be sad.

I see my future and I dislike this.

9 hours ago, Chantara said:

I feel it's a bit odd to go straight past Silho and to go for TUN.

8 hours ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

Wizard, I guess

b/c Kas said so

Edit: im really storming tired cut me a break ‘kay

Do not like the shift from 'weird maybe sus' to following me on a vote.

7 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Szeth/Omniscient because sheeping. I may think Kas is v but confirmed (and especially suspected villager) is not confirmed right. 

I don't know how I feel about this.

4 hours ago, Chantara said:

Because I can’t read :facepalm: Aside from that, I still think it would be a good ploy. No one would see it coming. 

Tempting to read this a very slight bit positively. Easy enough to pull back without too much condemnation. Flip side is that it's easy to park, but still.

52 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I've finally caught up on Calculus homework and can finally focus on the game now.

Hmm. Ok. So the thing that was holding me up with regard to Wiz is that he just didn't really seem engaged or interested in the game. I'm not sure he is even here, but I stand by what I said in QF63 when defending him to JNV that I think the attitude switch between V!Wiz and E!Wiz was visceral. I don't know how much of that was a function of being busy and how much of that was just a function of being a big difference from his Evil play. 

I also think that the difference was less sharp in BT3, but it was still a departure there. 

That being said;

52 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Whoops.

I am in principle fine with the Szeth train, but Szeth is on my no go list because I don't D1 returning players, and oh, speaking of which, yeah. 

20 hours ago, Elkanah said:

I appreciate you letting me play, but I've played enough mafia to know there's always another game. If you think I'm bad you can lunch me. I've found that my play doesn't vary from game to game so much as it varies from cycle to cycle (or hour to hour sometimes). Typically, if I'm in a good mood I talk more... which kind of explains this morning. I'm enjoying the thread and I have no regrets. I will admit there are a few things that can put me in a very good mood for a game like being a third faction, but that's not available this game. 

Theoretically this can be said performatively, but like when Conq said it in MR59: I like this. I like this attitude, and I tend to read it as being more Village, even as I disregard it because sorry Elk, not exactly going to break policy here. No birthday vote for you. Sad :P 

And finally, since I actually set out to do this by tracking returning players who mentioned this and then got distracted by flagging and commenting on posts along the way:

17 hours ago, Illwei said:

5/20 is a fine number and I'm fine that we ended there. I do want to note that as someone else said- the longer this game goes, on the more likely that more blades fall to the Elims. The relocation aspect of the shaman isn't neccessarily village sided, assuming the average person is no better than rand at finding the elims. Not only that, but I assume with the added aspect of people wanting the honorblades, I wouldn't be suprised if the shaman simply took peoples blades to try and find one they wanted. So yes, the shaman has the ability to take the blades away from the elims, but in reality the chances of them getting it right isn't as likely as the ideal scenario, ofc. 

I read the focus on the relocation aspect of the Shaman as more likely to emerge from a Village perspective.

I do feel like I'm reaching the place where I am comfortable doing this. I don't know if I'll stay there because I feel conflicted about overriding my policy.

Wiz, Alvron.

P.S. The Sacred Coin picked Alv over Wiz. But that's not really the decision factor here, just thought it was odd given RNGesus.

Edited to add: Forgot the most important thing - gonna disappear for quite a bit as I'm doubling sedatives. Should be ok but may not really be able to head back for rollover. Depends on how out of it I am. Apologies in advance.

Edited by Kasimir

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I don't know how to feel about this. Araris seems more off the ball than I've usually seen him and I don't understand what is going on.

I feel like this is exactly the type of mistake I’ve made in the past, yet every time it happens people get weirded out that I’m not paying enough attention or something. I feel like “vaguely competent but makes lots of careless errors” is a good descriptor of me in most activities.

@Archer, why aren’t you voting Xino with me?

And what’s the deal with 5 votes on Wizard? Did I miss something, or did you all just eat some bad chili at the same time?

23 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

To Stick:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Thoughts on Turtle?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I'm scared to  attempt to read turtle now xD I'll say null-.

22 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I don't think Insanity's posted either. So this is a weird response :P.

This whole bookwyrm/Mat interaction does not strike me as e/e (not this quote in particular but you know what I mean)

22 hours ago, ookla the POKE VOTE said:

feel this

don’t really understand any reads made during rvs abt rvs

its whatever

but a god read if it’s right lmao

rvs?

22 hours ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

So I guess we're all accidentally implying things that we don't mean to.

This sentence makes me want to v-read bookwyrm because as an elim, you'd ideally want to jump at people backtracking on their statements. Saying this, though, puts you in a box where you can't exactly throw votes at people for suspicious backtracking. Even if it was said in self-defence, it looks mildly good.

21 hours ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

Hi from the west coast, where it’s been the nighttimes.

I don’t think TUO/N has posted.

hey you can change colors with the top bar on mobile now that’s neat

Edit: why is everyone voting for Alvron when they haven’t posted yet??

please explain

Szeth/Stick not e/e confirmed :P 

But on a serious note, curious to know whether you saw that I'd already voted on TUN for essentially the same reason?

That Alv statement is very ironic considering your own vote xD Szeth

21 hours ago, Kasimir said:

@Shining Silhouette

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

quokka-1200x628.jpg

Hey if you're not Silho and looking...Shame on you! >:(

ngl this was kind of a jump scare

20 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Also, Araris Valerian because you're trying to kill Alv, and Alv is fun. No killing Alv allowed.

Any particular reason you didnt vote Elkanah? Also I must've misremembered about you checking the thread lol sorry it was probably xino I always mix you two up for no reason.

20 hours ago, Kasimir said:

@_Stick_ So for all I know, you could be Evil too, but I'm curious if you're getting that vibe off him because you did the last time.

I was actually just about to comment on that - the answer is not exactly. Does he seem a little combative? Maybe, but I'm wondering if that's my conf bias playing into it. I don't think I'm getting the vibes as explicitly as I got in that other game. Ignoring just pure vibes though, and looking at actual posts, there's this:

20 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Would this be a bad time to mention my e!Kas credences are higher than normal :ph34r: 

I don't think e!Mat would just put this out here without following it with something more...substantial. It doesn't seem to serve a purpose, other than (badly) addressing the he's not paranoid enough point you brought up. 

20 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Got ninjaed by Turtle so I have to post this separately. I'll be mad if this borks my formatting.

Like sure, you know what, I'll spell it out, Illwei and Stick do me a favour and just don't read this until you're done with the thread:

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

You feel reactive to me.

That's the thing that's driving this. I'm not comfortable with how apart from your theorised Bookwyrm/Insanity team, you feel orthagonal to thread discussion, and I feel sensitive about this point as an E!Mat indicator because I do expect Evil you to simulate engagement at some point, but I also do think that it has been a good indicator so far. I'm not dead sold on this because as I said just now, you're not pinging me on this as strongly as you did in the past, but you still are, and that's why my vote is where it is. And that's kinda why I wanna know if they and especially Stick is getting that sense, because that sort of something similar to what pinged Stick the last time. That'll let me know if I'm overreacting/overcompensating to being unwilling to push you early in LG90, if I'm tripping, or if this is something worth applying more pressure on.

I've said it before again and again - you can accuse me of really formalising gut, and maybe it is gut on some level, but as a player, you don't work the thread as your niche without developing a sense for where a player is situated with regard to the thread. That's where I am now.

That's about it.

Sorry there's no quokka here for anyone who opened every single layer. Wasn't really worth your while eh.

Hm. I'm now. Hm. 

I do kind of agree with some of those points but maybe not to that exact extent. Like I said, he seems combative and in a defensive mood, but I can't decide whether I'm fully on board with that being the only e!mat indicator and also I'm growing paranoid of you two now but isnt this too early to be thread brawling?? 

quick guys tell me if kas/mat e/e could potentially be a thing xD 

19 hours ago, Illwei said:

aussie wannabe

Spoiler

NAAURRR DONT MAKE ME GO GET BREKKIE AT MACCA'S U_U

Look I started reading the thread from page THREE and now I have pages 6,7,8 and 9 to go through but I spent literally 6 hours in the bus because rain so I'm checking out for a little bit again bc I need sustenance brb

10 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

And what’s the deal with 5 votes on Wizard? Did I miss something, or did you all just eat some bad chili at the same time?

Ask Szeth why :P

10 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I feel like this is exactly the type of mistake I’ve made in the past, yet every time it happens people get weirded out that I’m not paying enough attention or something. I feel like “vaguely competent but makes lots of careless errors” is a good descriptor of me in most activities.

I'm gonna quote you and you and then say I voted Wiz without checking the vc, largely because I wasn't a fan of how different his engagement felt from QF63, and to put some pressure until I could do a proper readthrough and consolidate my thoughts.

Spoiler

star-wars-yoda.gif

Edited:

8 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I do kind of agree with some of those points but maybe not to that exact extent. Like I said, he seems combative and in a defensive mood, but I can't decide whether I'm fully on board with that being the only e!mat indicator and also I'm growing paranoid of you two now but isnt this too early to be thread brawling?? 

Yes and no. E!me would hard commit to the threadbrawl. Standard calculus - well, less pronounced in this game. Let's put it this way: on the supposition E!me thinks it needs to be explained that Mat and I are somehow still both alive, and that a threadbrawl is called for (which if you'll recall, tends to be the calculus that triggers my threadbrawling), then I wouldn't back off on Mat or seek your views. I'd just lay into him and the two of us would keep pushing. There's no reason not to, as long as we don't overtake the rest of the thread.

I think the reactiveness point I made - I guess to say more, I don't read it purely as a function of whether you attack players or not, cf. the cases and read place where Illwei is coming from. I read it as a function of whether you are setting the tempo or responding to the tempo, at what points do you step back, at what points do you drive. It's possible to post about your suspicions and still not set the thread tempo, is the thing. Players like Mat when Village are powerfully inclined to set the tempo, and when he flags on that, I tend to question it. So I'm less interested in the exact content and more the nature of how you engage with the thread and stand in relation to it.

Edited to add 2:

I guess to make the point a little more sharply: there's just no functional reason to ask you or Illwei for your takes if I wasn't interested if I was overanchoring when reading Mat. E!me doesn't get a ML on Mat that way, and there's a point to be made about how you shouldn't be soliciting views as Village, which E!me would be aware of. The only thing is that I don't really give a flying frith about that or Illwei's views on Villagers not caring about being wrong. To me, if you've been aggressively and badly wrong about players in the last two games, and you know you have a history of doing it via fixating on the One Thing they did that nags you out of context, then you either ask yourself good hard questions about whether you are also making the same mistake here and now while this is still relevant to you, or you just shrug and accept that you are going to screw the pooh because you don't actually give a damn about fixing your error rate and improving your algorithm.

Mistakes mean MLing a Villager and 60%ing your ML quiz. This is Asia, we don't do that here.

Edited by Kasimir