Lost Metal Full Book Reactions (Cosmere Edition)

Chaos

It's midnight GMT, which means full book spoilers are now allowed in this board! Put your full book reactions here! Obviously, massive spoilers here are possible!

Warning: this is a forum where full cosmere spoilers are allowed. If you are a Mistborn-only reader, please use the Lost Metal (Mistborn Only) thread for your full book reactions. 

• Chaos pinned this topic

“Autonomy is trying to outcompete the others by filling the Cosmere with versions of herself … Trellism is a remnant of an ancient religion of your world founded by Autonomy a long, long time ago. A seed for when she decided to move in.” TLM chapter 20.

Autonomy is basically posting “FIRST!” in every comment section in the Cosmere. :) 

Its nice to have a different villain than Odium even if their plan is just blow up the planet.

Just finished reading the entire book!

Spoiler
And there’s no Whimsy to her—that’s a different god.

He was missing pieces here. When had they moved from pleasantries to discussing the destruction of the world? For n
It's Code, obviously.

Is Allomancy magic?” Moonlight asked. “Of course not,” Marasi said.
Yes shout all the readers

They predate Adonalsium, you know, and exist outside of his power.” “They predate the Shattering,” Moonlight said. “That doesn’t mean they predate Adonalsium.”
Lore screaming 

a crust of crystals on the wall—which began disintegrating, dropping to dust that in turn burned away into rose-colored mist.
Wyndle

When Moonlight pulled it back—trailing red mist

Basin. He was in a dirty mine adit, haunted by twisted “artwork” made by a terrible mind
????

We trust each other,” TwinSoul said. “We’re a team. A family. You join us, you absolutely swear not to make a move against another Ghostblood. No infighting. No betrayals. No undermining one another. No squabbling over resources or favor.”
That's different from Roshar...

It took a Feruchemist months storing health to get a full metalmind.

Vanish? I’ll use Aon Tye-A,” Moonlight said. “But that is quite the blessing you ask. I’d need distance and inclination…” “Oh,” Marasi said. “Twenty-seven sixty-three, inclination twelve degrees? But can you really vanish—”
Teleporting power? From Elantris?

Next were some vials filled with metal flakes, all in a little sheath. Eight of them had been removed already; eight remained. “These ain’t your normal sort.” “Harmony sent them,” Wax said. “Said they were special.”
I thought they were lost

Leecher can only actively cancel currently burning metals. So what if someone swallowed two pellets? Of the same metal? Can someone control which pellet they're burning? (Or make it an alloy that's 0.01% off, to distinguish?)

Can Hemalurgy copy savantism?

He was fighting Wayne Terrisborn, filthy rich snob with way, way too much money to burn.
So Wayne has ridiculous amounts of bend alloy...

Can a blood maker die while storing health?

Ok , Wax being such an efficient killing machine. Beating /killing 200 soldiers in minutes. That's his protagonist halo or whatever working overtime. 

But is his suite of powers +items really top tier dangerous?
Would another suite of powers be able to be the Sword of Harmony?

Speed bubbles. They also have a "membrane" that stretches around a person touching the bubble.
What if there's a chain of people holding hands outside the bubble?

Odd things have been happening to me all day. Is it an aftereffect of holding the Bands? No, Harmony said. It is something else. But it didn’t work as I ’d hoped.
Proof of *something*!

Harmony knows he’s growing impotent, that Discord is near, and so he created you

searching the darkness, and somehow he was able to see through the mist. As if it thinned just for him. 
Favored of the Gods/Shards

No, Harmony’s voice said in his head, not blasphemous, Waxillium. More … a sense of industrious recycling. “Good to know,” Wa
No, it's okay, said God. I don't like Hemalurgy, but you know, I'll take it in this specific case.

It could set the very atmosphere ablaze.
Reminds me of Manhattan Project warnings...

Only fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, sudden invasions, dust storms, droughts, food shortages, and mass pipe breakings. There are seven more I want to get to.”
ONLY
giggling 

hasn’t existed for centuries, and as far as I know, hasn’t been made i
Speculation! About the dust!

Harmony wasn’t accompanied by his dark double, the shadowy version that sometimes appeared these days. A representation of his other self.
Uh-oh. Is that Discord, the dark shadow of Harmony? The dark side of Harmony?

“I’m sorry. That is all annihilated in the explosion. We’ve tested it several times now.”
Is he lying? I think he's lying.

I still can’t figure out how he managed that partial detonation in the ship’s hold.
Definitely lying.

Mythos
New?

“You seem better,” Marasi said. “The treatment is working.” “Thank you,” he replied. “I prefer not to taste of my own offerings. It seems I won’t have to for some time.”
Hmm? Treatment? Odd way to refer to atium...

Wax didn’t buy his explanation of using emotional Allomancy to remain hidden. There was something more here.
Hmm.

So Moonlight is undoubtedly...

Spoiler

Shai from The Emperors Soul, and she has displayed not just one but 2 massive breakthroughs with Forgery.

1) She's figured out 'Universal Stamps' so this makes Forgery's utility absolutely skyrocket. She has so far displayed stamps that can make doors in any walls and one that can 'Fix Anything' though the latter was not displayed. 

2) SHE CAN TURN HERSELF INTO A FULL BLOWN ELANTRIAN! Granted she needed a jarful of 'Dor Juice' to do it but holy damn it seemed effective, except for the total change of personality part, that seems like a massive downside that will need fixing, maybe stamps that wear off after a set time?

Not only that but...

Spoiler

Aethers have been introduced for the first time. With an old guy codenamed 'TwinSoul' having a bunch of pink crystals in his skin. He has the abiity to form structures and stuff out of crystals like glasses, ladders, a wall and a freaking suit of power armor! It's awesome. The cost of it seems to be some kind of 'Ambient Investiture Fields'? Orin the absence of that the users own supply of water would suffice like with Sand Mastery.

It also seems to be a kind of Hive-Mindish thing, with a bunch of people all across the Cosmere Bonded to this one Aether thing, it was a little vague.

I enjoyed the book. The ending sequence was thrilling. I actually felt kind of bad for Talsin at the end.

A nice send off for Wayne. I was so worried he'd be a worldhopper and show up in all the series going forward.  In other words (hidden for slightly graphic Batman (1989) image):

Spoiler

Imgflip

I like the foreshadowing of Harmony becoming Discord and maybe being an antagonist in the future. Makes me wonder if his "other half" is the serial killer in Era 3. 

A lot of Cosmere stuff to parse. I had not made the pilgrimage to BYU to read Dragonsteel prime so it was cool to read what a Sho-Del looked like. Emperor's soul 2 seems to be set up with the search to recover Shai. 

Edited by Child of Hodor

I couldn't find that rather old thread about who might be the kandra worldhopper on Roshar. But after all sorts of important people had been suggested, someone said: 'probably someone unimportant like the chouta seller'.

Kudos, whoever you are: you were probably right! :D

Dang, first confirmation of the canon nature of Aethers, and the fact that it's one of the magics that predate the Shattering. Also, hints at to use Selish magic off-planet, by bringing Dor around, and invested ink.

Also, background investure fields? How the heck do those work?

So many juicy secrets...

(Also, Brandon is really going ham on the inter-book connections at this point, isn't he?)

Huh, this was a trip. Some thoughts, having just finished it:

I didn't find the explanations about why Marsh couldn't be actively involved or why the Ghostbloods were caught with their pants down to the degree that they have been,  convincing. Harmony clearly created atium and lerasium in that second lab explosion* and withheld atium from Marsh until the dust settled... why exactly? He was still able to enhance Wax and Wayne, so he isn't completely paralysed and having Marsh functional would have required less active intervention. Additionally,  you'd think that Kelsier would have learned how to manipulate Connection to slow/stop aging during his stint as Preservation and shared it with his brother.  Also, no medallion use by the Ghostbloods, not even of the medallions commonly available in SoScad, where Kelsier seems to spend considerable amount of time?! I understand that Marasi is supposed to have different strengths than personal combat prowess and weight manipulation is Wax's signature "thing", but that was just jarringly unbelievable. Also, you'd think that Wax and Steris would have funded aluminum equipment for her use.

*there is no way that the Set wouldn't have discovered the god metals, after all their experimentation with blowing up ettmetal with trellium, if they had been the normal product of this process.

And speaking of SoScads, what on Scadrial is the deal with the Bounds of Mourning? Who made them, since now it clearly couldn't have been Kelsier? Was it TLR, after all? Was it Sazed, maybe? Spook and some unknown Full Feruchemist who survived Catacendre? Or only first manifestedhis power during the 10 years before Kelsier went South?  Who drained them? Why the whole rigmarole with the temple?  Was Daal snatching them part of Kelsier's plan? What is to prevent them from attacking the Basin now that the threat of the Bands is gone? And, of course, we learned nothing about the medallion production, except for one thing in appendices: Second Era hemalurgists can't compound. Which throws out most of the theories about their making.

The hints about what happened to Kelsier are quite intriguing - I guess that he probably has a mistwraith body, as has been speculated? Which is why he can't use Metallic arts? Though Harmony might be lying about some of it. OTOH, medallions work on the kandra, and presumably he had been able to use the Bands, so I don't understand why he didn't make some for his own usage before giving them up, not to mention that he should, again, have access to SoScad ones. Oh, and things like Breaths and such, I imagine. I am 100% with him on making Metallic Arts widely available and very much hope that we'll finally see it in the 3rd Mistborn trilogy.

What we learned about Harmony is quite ominous - he really needs to learn to use his Ruin to protect Scadrial instead of trying to suppress it completely. Not sure why he doesn't produce atium either. Lerasium I understand, since making it would weaken his Preservation even further. Also, did he really kill Wax's parents, and, presumably his cousin? And tried to kill Telsin?

Speaking of whom, I somewhat understand her bitterness towards Wax from their youth, since he not only had won a genetic joker in Metallic powers, but was also treated as heir presumptive to the Ladrians despite being younger and less politically capable, due to sexism. It must have been hard to hear that in the end even Autonomy liked him better.

Set's research into synthetic hemalurgy is very exciting! Too bad that it is more than likely lost, if Shai can't be recovered and returned to her normal state. The permanency of her mark is more than a bit odd, since in the Emperor's Soul marks on people had to be renewed every day and her jar of investiture should be finite. Is she going to experience Reod when it runs out, I wonder? I was very glad to see her again, though!

I generally liked the trajectories of the central  characters. They felt appropriate and satisfying. I have felt that Marasi should be a great reformer from the beginning, but with Wax with Steris's help seemingly moving into this spot in the preview chapters, I was also excited by her potentially becoming a worldhopper. This decision felt fitting for who she is, however. Ditto for the rest of them, particularly Wayne. The Ghotsbloods need to up their recruitment game, though - that's the second protagonist turning them down. At least this time it was amicable and with possibility of a future collaboration.

Oh, and I almost forgot - who were Autonomy's soldiers? They couldn't have just been Iriali, could they? I mean, in such a case, even with better guns they wouldn't have been as devastating as all that? Are they some kind of Awakened constructs or similar? And how would they have cleared Scadrial of all sentient life?

Edited by Isilel

The Autonomy-inspired architecture reminded me of the USSR a bit. I read an article a while back about panel houses (generally known for being identical from Khabarovsk to Dresden) sometimes having elements unique to their region, such as one Russian province where the buildings are decorated with traditional patterns.

I'm super glad that I read the early chapters each week, because it meant that I had a really quick and fun read of the book. The main criticism that I would have is that for a concluding book in a series it seemed to invest an awful lot into set up, and if I hadn't gotten around to reading other cosmere books then I might not have been as into it.

The foreshadowing around Harmony becoming Discord was pretty heavy what with Sazed's shadow self, the production of lerasium and atium, the name dropping of Discord, and Kelsier's worrying conversation with him at the end as well as the tidbit in the Hemalurgy section of the arcanum at the end about Ruin being suppressed. It also seems like being of both Ruin and Preservation has severely restricted Sazed's future sight in contrast to Leras. I would guess that Sazed is going to be the ultimate villain of the next Mistborn era, which will be triggered by Autonomy somehow, and then space age will be the Roshar v Scadrial conflict.

The changes to Hemalurgy are interesting in that there's a limit to how many spikes someone can have now, and spikes can't gift someone with the ability to compound, but they can withdraw charges without killing the victim (producing someone similar to a drab, presumably) and can accumulate charges from across several victims. The highest number in use in TLM seems to be 4/5 spikes, so maybe that's the new limit. We also got some small additions with feruchemy and allomancy through those cool identity locks, and the way the seeker can track feruchemy now.

There was also interesting stuff about perpendicularities in that it seems to further hint that they can be produced by a chunk of god metals, but also that moving into Shadesmar is just one invested command you can use amongst many and it can turbo charge any invested arts user maybe even to the degree that Rashek used it to move and terraform the planet. What is weird for me is how it seems to suggest that godmetals and perpendicularities are unkeyed while you need a specific kind of connection to draw on Stormlight, Voidlight, or Mist.

Of other Cosmere references, it was interesting to see there are Iriali immigrants in Bilding, that MeLaan has headed to the Horneater Peaks, the addition of ShoDel who have a direct line of connection to their god (who?), two new planetary systems, and the suggestion that the Rosharan Ghostbloods have gone a bit rogue 

8 hours ago, Erklitt said:

I couldn't find that rather old thread about who might be the kandra worldhopper on Roshar. But after all sorts of important people had been suggested, someone said: 'probably someone unimportant like the chouta seller'.

Kudos, whoever you are: you were probably right! :D

Eventually a kandra like VenDell will comment on how chouta “is the only human food that tastes good to a kandra”…

”I thought you guys liked rotting carcasses best?”

”Aged meat, indeed, is our favorite.”

”And chouta tastes the same?”

”Not the same, but with the same flavor profile. Oh, and it has to be the real thing, the Rosharan Soulcast meat. So good!”

”Oh, it’s from Roshar originally? Hey Kal, how come you look so upset, then?”

My review: Marasi and Wayne stole the show for me both as partners and individually. In many ways this was Wayne's book. I really felt his parts were Brandon's storytelling at its best. Marasi's parts, on the other hand, were Brandon's gift to us theorycrafting Sharders, and I was all for it. (Wax and Steris were cool as well.)

Now that's out of the way, please allow a bit of self-love on my part. It's been a depressing year for me so far so I'm allowing myself this luxury.

Way back in 2015, I was one of the first people who speculated a Trell and Autonomy connection. Of course nobody knew about Shard avatars back then so I naturally thought Trell was Autonomy, and also I admit I was later swayed by other Trell theories, but I'm still very happy about this reveal.

Another thing that I sorta kinda called was that non-lethal Hemalurgy is possible using very thin spikes. The Set's non-lethal Hemalurgy variant had some fundamental differences from my idea, but again I'm allowing myself to celebrate this reveal.

Finally, I once speculated that Sazed is somehow allowing (to an extent) the major conflicts happening on Scadrial in order to accelerate technological growth, with the ultimate goal being spacefaring. We just learned of Kelsier's suspicion that Saze could have defeated Trell sooner but chose not to. This theory isn't yet wholly confirmed, but TLM made me think Sazed was manipulating Trell/Autonomy (and everyone else, even Kelsier) all along.

Edited by skaa

A couple thoughts that I had regarding to the Cosmere that I didn't put in the other thread: 

I did feel like this version of the Ghostbloods felt different than the Roshar version? I realize they are the same organization but they felt a lot less nefarious, plus I now also wonder how their actions in Roshar is intended to fulfill their first rule, which is to defend Scadrial? 

Also I saw a couple people mention that Moonlight is Shai but I didn't get those vibes from her character? Moonlight seemed a lot more unsure of using her Essence Marks on herself, whereas at the end of Emperor's Soul, Shai utilized multiple in her escape from the palace. Edited this post since I missed the quote that confirmed it was her but still feel like she felt a little different. 

Edited by azninvasion99
Didn't register the Shay-I mention so obviously it is Shai.

Before I start, I want to say I'm a gigantic fan of these books, and Mistborn especially was my first Sanderson and so my first love when it comes to this universe.

I've really enjoyed Era 2 up to this point, and I found in particular The Bands of Mourning to be one of the best books in the entire cosmere. I had been eagerly awaiting this book since I first read Bands back when it came out.

Unfortunately, I found this to be a fairly bland conclusion to the series. Personally I feel that Telsin and her relationship with Wax was not build up particularly well over the course of the series, and having her supplant his uncle as the "main" villain ended up being a detriment to the story as a whole. Largely I felt that a lot of things we were expecting to get clarification on we just didn't. Who really created the bands of mourning? What was Kelsier up to all those years and how did he come to regain a body, rule over the Southern Scadrians, etc? In general I thought the southerners would have a MUCH larger role in this book than they did, and I don't feel like this really followed up on the plotlines of previous books in a satisfying way.

Everything to do with Autonomy/Trell I found to be poorly done. The info dumping at the beginning of the book felt like an odd way to reveal what had been a mystery going back to the first book, but then by the end we still don't know what these "men of gold and red" are all about, and it felt really weird that the Set had like three different schemes going on that were all conflicting. It was so clear the Set was a mess that I never felt like they were a genuine threat in this one at all.

I also now think the cosmere (at least currently) is actively hurting the stories rather than helping them. In the early days it was a really cool thing going on in the background, but between ROW and this I just feel like the individual stories would be a lot better without it being SO in your face. My biggest thing is that it comes across like all the characters just read a ton of words of brandon between books. Every five minutes someone is spouting off about "investiture this" and "cosmere that" and it just reads as extremely weird that all these characters are SO knowledgable. In addition it starts to give off massive deus ex machina vibes when random powers from other planets are being used to solve Mistborn related issues. To me the whole Ghostbloods plot could have been excised entirely, and I would've much preferred to have Kelsier be used to actually explain more about what he has been up to and justify the cliffhanger at the end of the Bands of Mourning, which was just literally not addressed in this book at all.

Furthermore, Marasi's storyline with the Ghostbloods was SO similar to Shallan's that it really bothers me that neither of them actually joined the organization. I don't really understand the point of having two characters both decide not to join the same organization and go through essentially the same plot related storyline. 

The characters were still well written, and the book never bored me, in no way would I call it "bad." But it didn't come close to reaching Brandon's highs, and it certainly didn't hold a candle to The Hero of Ages, in which every little thread in the trilogy came together in a beautiful and ingenious way. This book really didn't feel like it pulled together the threads from Era 2 in a cool or satisfying way. If anything by the end it really did feel like all of Era 2 was unnecessary and nothing much was accomplished at all. I get that Era 2 was never in his plans, but either he should've kept the story smaller scale so that nothing in the "cosmere scale" needed to really change by the end of it, or alter the plan, because it really came across like Autonomy will just be back causing trouble later, and it doesn't feel like anything was really accomplished. 

These are just my thoughts, between this and ROW I'm losing faith in the cosmere wide crossovers being as cool as I once thought they were. It was cool when it was a mysterious thing in the background, but now it just feels like its distracting from the actual plots of these books with a bunch of stuff that just feels sheohorned and weird.

18 minutes ago, azninvasion99 said:

I did feel like this version of the Ghostbloods felt different than the Roshar version? I realize they are the same organization but they felt a lot less nefarious, plus I now also wonder how their actions in Roshar is intended to fulfill their first rule, which is to defend Scadrial? 

Also I saw a couple people mention that Moonlight is Shai but I didn't get those vibes from her character? Moonlight seemed a lot more unsure of using her Essence Marks on herself, whereas at the end of Emperor's Soul, Shai utilized multiple in her escape from the palace. Edited this post since I missed the quote that confirmed it was her but still feel like she felt a little different. 

Shai definitely felt different to me.  But in Emperor’s Soul she was in a cell by herself with no one to talk to for big chunks and we were in her head so it’s just different. She seemed more cheeky and had more winking wry humor.

Ghostbloods definitely less evil than Roshar bunch although some of them really wanted to murder Marasi at the end. Brandon talked on the Shardcast about how the branches of Ghostblood that aren’t under Kelsier’s direct day to day control are worse. Kelsier fosters a cut throat environment which becomes really toxic when he’s not physically present to keep people in check.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/460/#e14637

1 hour ago, azninvasion99 said:

A couple thoughts that I had regarding to the Cosmere that I didn't put in the other thread: 

IMO the reason she is unsure of using the Essence Mark on herself here is that the one she uses here is very possibly going to be permanent, whereas the ones we see her use in Emperor's Soul are all temporary.

13 hours ago, kenod said:

(Also, Brandon is really going ham on the inter-book connections at this point, isn't he?)

Quote from the Dragonsteel event for the Lost Metal Release

Spoiler

Paraphrased
"I've been reluctant to bring the background cosmere connections to the forefront. For years I've said all that will be in the background. So the warning I'm going to give you, Lost metal changes that. I'm not really going to worry about it anymore, because it's kind of what makes my work distinct and unique". Full quote starts at around 23 minutes of the livestream. 

My hype level to hear that on top of the ending was giving me hype flashbacks to the secret project announcements. 

Edited by Kered

Thinking about it also seems like Wax is going to be the most powerful Allomancer since the Lord Ruler. I forgot that lerasium also enhances pre-existing allomancy, so between the lerasium mistorn + hemalurgy duralumin, the double steel pushes, and being able to compound weight he's going to really test the limits on what steel pushing can do. We'll probably get lots of cool broadsheets in the next book about his experiments on manipulating the axi that Kelsier referenced from the metal vision. 

Also wondering if Brandon is setting up another Shai novella? Because this seems like an odd dangling plotline with a character whose had her own novella, and been a significant character in another to then pop up again and be like 'got better! no worries my dudes.' Won't she eventually go Shaod if she doesn't give up the soulstamp? Or will she last as an Elantrian until era 3 and be one of the immortals just chilling out in the background cast of Scadrial like Marsh?

And are these self aware safes that the Ghostbloods have based on Awakening or a fabrial? Because there must be some really screwed up stuff happening in Nalthis if Yesteel is producing Artificial Intelligence to order and making thousands of drabs. Like is he just creating a region of drabs out of Huth and Kuth? And are these golden armies that Autonomy has appropriated a mass of his new and improved Lifeless that she's influencing like she does the hemalurgists?

Edited by Proletariat

9 hours ago, Isilel said:

What is to prevent them from attacking the Basin now that the threat of the Bands is gone?

Magic Metal Nukes. That's what. Era 3 is going to be Scadrial's Cold War, I think.

10 hours ago, Isilel said:

And, of course, we learned nothing about the medallion production, except for one thing in appendices: Second Era hemalurgists can't compound. Which throws out most of the theories about their making.

Yeah it kind of sucks since I thought we'd be getting more info on them. I think Brandon said that if he couldn't write the explanation into the books, he'd post a WOB about it.

10 hours ago, Isilel said:

*there is no way that the Set wouldn't have discovered the god metals, after all their experimentation with blowing up ettmetal with trellium, if they had been the normal product of this process.

Saze said that Wax did something different from what the Set did and that's why he got Lerasium. Didn't say what though.

6 hours ago, Proletariat said:

What is weird for me is how it seems to suggest that godmetals and perpendicularities are unkeyed while you need a specific kind of connection to draw on Stormlight, Voidlight, or Mist.

I didn't get that at all, from what I understand is Unkeyed Investiture that can fuel any Invested Art is Unkeyed from any Shard's Intent. That's my assumption anyway. Could be wrong.

1 hour ago, JustQuestin2004 said:

Magic Metal Nukes. That's what. Era 3 is going to be Scadrial's Cold War, I think.

Except that the Basin people don't have those either anymore, nor are they getting any more ettmetal from the south to build more. They are also sufficiently disorganized and divided that they couldn't offer much resistance if SoScads invaded. In the future, I guess that they'll have to find their own ettmetal somewhere for the Cold War to happen.

At the moment, SoScads have massive technological superiority, actual military experience _and_ the Bands.

BTW, the new map is fairly confusing to me too - there is no ocean between the Basin and the South? Somebody could have just walked over? Did Sazed smoosh continents together during Catacendre?

1 hour ago, JustQuestin2004 said:

Saze said that Wax did something different from what the Set did and that's why he got Lerasium. Didn't say what though..

I think that he lied - he does that a lot.

15 minutes ago, Isilel said:

Except that the Basin people don't have those either anymore, nor are they getting any more ettmetal from the south to build more. They are also sufficiently disorganized and divided that they couldn't offer much resistance if SoScads invaded. In the future, I guess that they'll have to find their own ettmetal somewhere for the Cold War to happen.

Wax noted they still had enough Ettmetal and Trellium lying around in the Basin to be able to go around building nukes, if they wanted to.

5 hours ago, azninvasion99 said:

It is the same difference as seeing the troops of your country in combat in your own country as opposed to abroad.

At the risk of repeating myself: The core tenet of the Ghostbloods is nationalism.
It is officially the very first point of their agenda. Kelsier even stated the reason in Secret History.

Rosharans are at best neutrals to the Ghostbloods. If the good of Scadrial requires them to be used, you will use them. And use them up if need be. In fact I would go as far as saying that Kelsier and Jasnah are mentally speaking extremely similar, they just work for different entities.