Lost Metal Full Book Reactions (Mistborn Only Edition)

Chaos

It's midnight GMT, which means full book spoilers are now allowed in this board! Put your full book reactions here! Obviously, massive spoilers here are possible!

Warning: this is the Mistborn-only forum. If you are familiar with the cosmere, you may should consider using the full book reactions in the TLM Cosmere forum. General cosmere stuff must be spoiler tagged here!

• Chaos pinned this topic

Goddamn there's so many things I want to say, but after I was finished reading only one thought came to mind:

WE STILL DON'T KNOW CRAP ABOUT THE MEDALLIONS!!!

Also holy crap Wax did split Harmonium, he's a friggin Mistborn at the end!

And Wayne, damn he went out in the biggest blaze of glory Scadrial has ever seen.

Also on the new map in the book, there's a south-south continent that I assume the Malwish call 'The Maskless', which is very intriguing to me.

Perhaps that place might be a prison island like Australia was, a place for the Malwish to exile their criminals? Because otherwise that would mean there's actually three distinct societies on Scadrial which is crazy to think about.

Edit:

I just had a brainwave: Wax is technically a Mistborn with additional Allomantic genes, Steris has said that she wanted another kid.

What would be the odds that the 'Ladrian' bloodline becomes (even more) super famous for having Mistborn in their family? 

Edited by JustQuestin2004

So Harmony is slowly becoming discord due to the imbalance between ruin and preservation. That sounds like it could cause a little trouble down the line.

Also the idea of spikes created using just invesiture rather than taking it from people will change things a lot. They mentioned that it would could be keyed to specific powers but could it be keyed to more than allomancy/feruchemy?

Got my copy yesterday from Amazon and read through it last night

SO MUCH STUFF in there

I'll need to re-read it probably with some note-taking going on... SO much happened. 

Loved the ending and Wayne's choices/arc. Loved the vignette epilogues, that was neat

Gonna spoil some specifics just to be extra careful for now:

Spoiler

Saze is just straight up lying to Kelsier now about the split of Harmonium and being able to generate Lerasium! I'm really scared for Saze in the coming books as he slips from Harmony to Discord as seems to be happening. 

Also curious how he said that what happened to him in the future depends on Kel's choices

4 minutes ago, Green Hoodie Mistborn said:

Got my copy yesterday from Amazon and read through it last night

SO MUCH STUFF in there

I'll need to re-read it probably with some note-taking going on... SO much happened. 

Loved the ending and Wayne's choices/arc. Loved the vignette epilogues, that was neat

Hide contents

Saze is just straight up lying to Kelsier now about the split of Harmonium and being able to generate Lerasium! I'm really scared for Saze in the coming books as he slips from Harmony to Discord as seems to be happening. 

Also curious how he said that what happened to him in the future depends on Kel's choices

Dude the same thing happened to me, my preorder came a few days early. Currently I’m exhausted, trying to get through school, but it’s was totally worth staying up until midnight to read this. And as a Wayne Fan, I was extremely happy with this ending. After all, he saved the whole goshdang planet!

28 minutes ago, Green Hoodie Mistborn said:

Is Saze lying?  This is just a guess but I think that what was produced was in the gas state rather then a solid.  Using it to effect doesn't seem feasible.

6 minutes ago, Karger said:

Is Saze lying?  This is just a guess but I think that what was produced was in the gas state rather then a solid.  Using it to effect doesn't seem feasible.

He's definitely lying:

Spoiler

Wayne held up the vial, staring at the metal dust settled at the bottom.

That, Harmony said, is the faintest bit of lerasium, Wayne.

I don’t want to reveal this happened, as I don’t know why or how. I don’t know what he did. Besides … he might have already had a dose, inhaled during the explosion.

It's possible it was in a gaseous state since he says Wax may have inhaled some, but I think it's more likely it was dust. Either way, he definitely put some metal dust in the vial and it worked.

Edited by AndrolGenhald

8 minutes ago, Karger said:

Oh he’s lying for sure, but is he aware of it? :shrug:

Spoiler

That, Harmony said, is the faintest bit of lerasium, Wayne. A metal from legend. (pg 450 Kindle Edition)

——————————————

“Lerasium?” Kelsier asked. “I’m sorry. That is all annihilated in the explosion. We’ve tested it several times now.” Damn. Another dead end. (pg 485 Kindle Edition)

11 minutes ago, AndrolGenhald said:

It's possible it was in a gaseous state since he says Wax may have inhaled some, but I think it's more likely it was dust. Either way, he definitely put some metal dust in the vial and it worked.

8 minutes ago, Green Hoodie Mistborn said:

Oh he’s lying for sure, but is he aware of it? :shrug:

Don't we also have a dust and the implication that Wax breathed some in?

22 minutes ago, Karger said:

Don't we also have a dust and the implication that Wax breathed some in?

Yes, Saze also thinks that Wax inhaled misted Lerasium, though how he burned it to activate it isn't seen or shown

That doesn't change the fact that Saze is lying to Kel's face straight up though about Lerasium being created when Harmonium is split, it in fact doubles down on it. Lerasium and Atium both CAN be created by splitting Harmonium, but Saze is saying just Atium can be created that way

Just now, Green Hoodie Mistborn said:

That doesn't change the fact that Saze is lying to Kel's face straight up though about Lerasium being created when Harmonium is split, it in fact doubles down on it. Lerasium and Atium both CAN be created by splitting Harmonium, but Saze is saying just Atium can be created that way

The lerasium is unstable.  It isn't exactly wrong to say it is annihilated in the explosion.  I agree the lie is present but I'm still thinking its one of omission.

2 minutes ago, Karger said:

The lerasium is unstable.  It isn't exactly wrong to say it is annihilated in the explosion.  I agree the lie is present but I'm still thinking its one of omission.

Saze is purposefully obscuring truth from Kel here. Semantic it up however you want, but he's straight lying to Kel's face. 

Saze says "all the Lerasium is annihilated" which is a lie. There was enough to make one or two full Mistborn through ingestion/burning out of it, that is not "all ... annihilated"

See also the difference we see between how Saze portrayed himself when talking to/with Wax/Wayne/Kandra vs. how he talks to Kel

Something is up with Saze already and it's very worrisome for the future of Scadrial. 

21 hours ago, Chaos said:

It's midnight GMT, which means full book spoilers are now allowed in this board! Put your full book reactions here! Obviously, massive spoilers here are possible!

Warning: this is the Mistborn-only forum. If you are familiar with the cosmere, you may should consider using the full book reactions in the TLM Cosmere forum. General cosmere stuff must be spoiler tagged here!

Where are post that relate to one of the secret projects supposed to go?

47 minutes ago, Wadders said:

Sazed did lie to Kelsier early on when he was asking about getting his body back, Sazed just seems to be getting better at it as Kelsier didn't notice this time.

Strictly speaking he said "No I don't think so" which coming from a shard is probably like "I don't remember."

I really liked the book overall! I did feel like the book kinda dragged a bit halfway through part three, especially coming off the high of meeting all those Ghostblood members! But I thought the character arcs were really well done. Cried tears for Wayne, but I'm glad he went out the way he did. Kinda bummed Marasi made the decision she did in the epilogue as I was hoping to see her elsewhere but I thought it worked out. Got chills getting that epilogue of Kel and Sazed chatting again, but then also really need era 3 Mistborn already because Sazed is slowly losing it! Also nice that we are starting to get new villains to the forefront with Autonomy, plus with Sazed becoming more of a wild card, has me real excited for the future of the overall Cosmere. Guess I need to finally go read Aether of Night after all this time!