Believe me, I'm aware >> Which is fine, this is a nice shiny BT but I would have rather had more in the QF

(That being said, signups are most definitely still open! Call your friends! Come play! :D)

Just now, Kasimir said:

Hopefully not, but that's why it's a BT! Balance hopefully there but not guaranteed :P A fun time is guaranteed for all!

Balance was there in BT2 so that's kind of why I expected more balance. :P

But I realize that BT2 is going to be a bit more on the rare side than common. 

Dovie'andi se tovya saigan, it's time to try for a second breaking of the world. :P

14 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Balance was there in BT2 so that's kind of why I expected more balance. :P

But I realize that BT2 is going to be a bit more on the rare side than common. 

Dovie'andi se tovya saigan, it's time to try for a second breaking of the world. :P

Hey hey hold your judgement until the game is ran good sir :P You just might be surprised at how balanced it is

As will I :ph34r: 

17 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Hey hey hold your judgement until the game is ran good sir :P You just might be surprised at how balanced it is

As will I :ph34r: 

Is this a challenge sir

Are you looking for a Striker Kalebane, Shield of the Lynch, and Terror of GMs to sign up and break your game :eyes:

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Is this a challenge sir

Are you looking for a Striker Kalebane, Shield of the Lynch, and Terror of GMs to sign up and break your game :eyes:

I mean, I wouldn’t be opposed to that :P 

8 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Balance was there in BT2 so that's kind of why I expected more balance.

It's balanced by the guaranteed two village kills for every elim death. I think the training dummies lose if everyone dies so if we get 15 players and it's 5/5/5 they need to kill a pair to win, or an entire team + 1 other at worst. If there's 14 players and it's 5/5/4, then if the TDs need to kill 2 pair or an entire team + 2 others at worst. It seems unlikely the training dummies can survive the minimum 6-7 cycles required in those worst cases, so they'll really need to focus on marking opponents, which is difficult and random since no player has any knowledge of pairing information.

It's entirely possible that 12 is in fact the only fair player count but let's see if it can handle 14/15. Signing up as Kionara, taking the place of her twin brother who died in a tragic accident shortly after last year's competition.

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

It's entirely possible that 12 is in fact the only fair player count but let's see if it can handle 14/15. Signing up as Kionara, taking the place of her twin brother who died in a tragic accident shortly after last year's competition.

Do you guys know who my IM will be? Assuming I still need one.

On 11/9/2022 at 0:58 AM, Matrim's Dice said:

Welcome to Break Tank 3: Dueling at the Warcamps! I'll be the GM for this game, and @Araris Valerian will be the IM. Signups are open from now until Tuesday, November 15th, at 9am PST. Rollovers for the game will be every twelve hours, at 9am and 9pm PST.

Was thinking this is a no for me because I have to go for a workshop on the 15th, then I remembered the fell sorcery that is timezones >>

23 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Yeah, I’ll IM

Oh. Uh-oh >>

Ah, soddit.

Signing up as Keredin, a small-time hotshot duelist who once dated Adolin Kholin and maybe broke up with the Ghostbloods.

Please don't curse me >>

Edited by Kasimir

Ngl part of me wants to withdraw because this looks like a quasi-FFA and I've never played one before - don't have the faintest idea what to do with it.

Part of me thinks that's exactly the sort of conditions to have a nice, chill game since you don't know what you should be doing other than stabbing people anyway :P 

Edited to add:

On 11/9/2022 at 0:58 AM, Matrim's Dice said:
Spoiler
  • If an attack targets a member of Sadeas’ Slayers or Aladar’s Attackers, the attack fails unless the attacked player has been marked by the Training Dummies. If they have been marked, they die and are removed from the game. Their opponent is left alive, and still must kill a Training Dummy to win.

This is more tragic than funny. Until I re-read the rules, I was under the impression SSs and AAs got killed when they hit each other >>

I am getting old and sloppy in my dotage >>

Edited by Kasimir

34 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Ngl part of me wants to withdraw because this looks like a quasi-FFA and I've never played one before - don't have the faintest idea what to do with it.

Part of me thinks that's exactly the sort of conditions to have a nice, chill game since you don't know what you should be doing other than stabbing people anyway :P 

tbh i feel similarly but i’m dealing w it by saying it’s a bt and that way if i have no idea what i’m doing that’s fine and when i actually play a more competitive ffa i might have some idea what i’m doing :P

Just now, Turtle said:

tbh i feel similarly but i’m dealing w it by saying it’s a bt and that way if i have no idea what i’m doing that’s fine and when i actually play a more competitive ffa i might have some idea what i’m doing :P

I can't into FFAs :P I live for solving, FFAs just make my brain go:

Spoiler

calculating-puzzled.gif

Have stayed out of pretty much all SE FFAs for a reason! But yeah feels like this BT gonna be:

Spoiler

ihave.jpg