1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Here should be the claim table.

It's right, just spent forever getting my own table up and it's the same, you beat me to posting one.

Here's mine based on claims.

Sorry about the unorganization, it's mostly there. Then I made some edits and forgot to organize it again.

C1

Spoiler

63769219002e7_Screenshot2022-11-171_55_30PM.png.2f33d4f3d7f85b29878148b3f1a2282d.png

No claim from Nerdy, MM, Xino or Chantara....forgot Dannex didn't claim either >.<

Can safely ignore chantara and dannex given they both have already won the game. Only Nerdy, MM, and Xino are adverse to claiming who they targeted.

I'm going to ignore the immunity problem for now and just list how many times people were stabbed each cycle. 

Stabbed twice: Wiz

Stabbed once: Whysper, Bookwrym, Devo, TUN, Kas

C2

Spoiler

637692188e14b_Screenshot2022-11-171_55_39PM.png.817001c2cc860a16d45e3814595d483e.png

Dannex, Xino, MM, and Chantara all didn't claim. Nerdy claimed Kas, the person protected by vote immunity. Seems strange, not certain if it's something E!Nerdy would do though.

Stabbed thrice: Bookwrym

Stabbed twice: Wiz, JNV, Devo, Kas

Stabbed once: Whysper, TUN, Chantara

C3

Spoiler

637692182c1c8_Screenshot2022-11-171_55_43PM.png.895c46bd7e51149e95c6865b01b498d2.png

No claim from MM and Xino. Nerdy once again says they stabbed Kas. Not quite certain, just going to ignore it for now

Stabbed thrice: Bookwrym, Kas

Stabbed twice: Wiz, JNV, Devo, TUN

Stabbed once:  Silho, Dannex, Nerdy

C4

Spoiler

63769ca1484d0_Screenshot2022-11-172_41_52PM.png.ebc09eb0d8c82151761f35a66eecb4ff.png

Can't really judge claims yet, as the cycle has only recently started.

Stabbed thrice: Bookwrym, Kas

Stabbed twice: Wiz, JNV, Devo, TUN

Stabbed once:  Dannex, Nerdy, Xino, MM

I think for now I'll go TUN, also willing to protect Devo.

There's only two Sadeas left. They've been claimed as TUN and Xino. If anyone else wants to claim Sadeas and challenge either of those two claims, now is the time to do so.

Meanwhile, there are four Aladars left. Wiz and I have claimed two of them, the others are unclaimed. Less worth claiming this, but it could still be useful.

Two Slayers have already won, making victory for us Attackers impossible. The best we can hope for was a tie, and without a personal victory, a tie isn't good enough. Even if I fail, I can still hope for Merani to rescue me, to take whatever spheres we can get and run. She always knew who she was marrying, and even almost a year later I believe she'll make the same decision.

Aftermath: A Sudden End

"Our next special guest is one I think is quite appropriate for the ongoing competition: Zahel! Zahel is a master swordsman, and he's helped me improve my natural skill all my life. He will provide insight, no doubt, on the bouts."

"'Lo, Adolin. I do indeed have some insight, but I doubt it's what you're expecting."

"Ooooh, fancy. Looking forward to it."

"Take a look down there, at the arena. Indeed, everyone, take a good long look. See past the swordplay, the showmanship. Often that which is in the background is of most importance, so see beyond the flourish."

"What are you getting on about, Zahel? I think the important thing is the competition, and you're missing it! Ooooh, look at that! Novel's had a near miss! Zahel, why don't you analyze his dodge for us?"

"You're not listening, Adolin. The duelists are secondary. There's something else that's true art, hiding in plain sight."

"The dueling seems like art to me. Look at the forms! The exactness!"

"No. That is not form, nor exactness. I speak of that which is formed from straw and clay."

"The... training dummies? I know I asked you to make them to spice up the arena, but--"

"They are beauty, elegance. They are perfection. They are art."

"Oooookay."

"Look." *louder:* "Begin battle!"

*two training dummies begin to move, dancing across the arena. One hits Mr. Misting, but he stabs it in return*

"Woah! Zahel, what the storms did you do?"

"I didn't do anything, Adolin. I don't know what you're talking about."

"But you yelled, and then-- woah!!!"

*the remaining dummy surges towards Novel, but he performs a spectacular dodge and slices it clean in half*

"No!"

"What are you yelling about, Zahel? That was spectacular!"

"My dummies! My art! My example of true form!"

"You can always make more. Anyway, our time is up! This concludes the Warcamp Dueling Competition! Awards to come shortly. I'm your host, Adolin Kholin, signi--

*static*

Mr. Misting was thwacked! He was a member of Aladar's Attackers! He also won, because--

The Wandering Wizard was stabbed! He was a Training Dummy!

xinoehp512 was sliced! He was a Training Dummy!

The Unknown Order, a member of Sadeas' Slayers, has won, and barely escaped with his life! Devotary of Spontaneity was his opponent. She was a member of Aladar's Attackers.

Vote Count:

• NerdyAarakocra (1): Mr. Misting
  • JNV (1): The Unknown Novel
  • The Unknown Novel (2): The Wandering Wizard, NerdyAarakocra

ChantaradannnnnnexMr. Misting, and The Unknown Novel have won! Congratulations to them! Unofficially, Sadeas' Slayers have won the duel 3-1, but for the purpose of stats sheets I would treat that as just flavor. There were only four winners :P

Doc Links:

I'll post full GM thoughts on the game balance and everything tomorrow, but suffice it to say this could have gone very differently. Any thoughts on changes that would make this ruleset better would be appreciated. Thank you to everyone who signed up, played, and otherwise dealt with these bonkers rules as I tried them out-- BT mission: accomplished!

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Shining Silhouette - Sadeas Slayer
  2. @The Wandering Wizard - Lehaz - Training Dummy
  3. @xinoehp512 - Training Dummy
  4. @Mr. Misting - Aladar Attacker
  5. @The Unknown Novel - Sadeas Slayer
  6. @The Bookwyrm - Aladar Attacker
  7. @Turtle - Zlaya Cherepaha - Aladar Attacker
  8. @NerdyAarakocra - Khora - Sadeas Slayer
  9. @dannnnnnex - Sadeas Slayer
  10. @Cinnamon - Miguel - Training Dummy
  11. @Elkanah  - Laelk - Training Dummy
  12. @Chantara - Tara - Sadeas Slayer
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Kionara - Aladar Attacker
  14. @Kasimir Keredin - Aladar Attacker
  15. @JNV - Jeleni - Aladar Attacker
  16. @Whysper - Sadeas Slayer

Hooray! 

I'm glad I didn't #MurderMrMisting and instead went with #XiNope. For reference:

#KillKasKwikly

#WhyNotKillWhysper

#SlayShiningSilhouette

#MurderMrMisting (Almost used last cycle and this one)

#XiNope (Didn't like XecuteXino, and couldn't find any other options)

Honorary mentions because I've used them before and they're fun:

#Killwei

#KillKas

THANK YOU OPPONENT-SAMA I GET THE DEAD DOC AT LAST SANKYUUU OPPONENT-SAMA~

Dannex was who it was.

I’ve done my Digimon meme, Mr GM sir, not gonna adapt it to Danex :P

Digimon is way too important to my childhood, but I have no recollection of what this meme connects to.

xD Yes, perfection. Thank you for finding that

You’re welcome :P That line made me laugh too hard.

This is what happens when I lose my post twice.

Edited by The Unknown Novel

9 minutes ago, Kasimir said:
  Reveal hidden contents

...And I don't remember it. Not really surprised, my only memories anymore are of the latter (Netflix) seasons. Thanks though.

Edit Roleplay:

"Novol, Novol, Sir, we really would like to have a word with you!" Novelil sighed inwardly at the Rosharans butchering of his name, but didn't correct them.

He turned towards them. "What do you want?"

"Do you have anything to say about your recent victory? Or that of High Prince Sadeas' Slayers?"

"Can't say I have anything to say, 'cept #SlayandPray." He walked away from the slightly confused reporter. Another day, another trend set.

Edited by The Unknown Novel

i like that justification, good job. using zahel is clever, was that your plan from the start?

I did not deserve to win this at all lmaoooo
I posted a single time, never voted, never read thread, and forgot to submit an action once.

I just got INSANELY lucky.

getting a dub feels good regardless :P

edit: actually i wonder what those odds are. I submitted 3 actions total, targets chosen at random. the dummies have a 50% chance of living. there were only 3 dummies in the game at that point out of 11 remaining targets…

so about a 13.6% chance? maybe? if i did math right? maybe a bit more because i had 2 previous targets that I had hit. those 2 targets weren’t cleared though because of the 50/50 thing, so i’m not sure how to factor that in. 13.6 is higher than i expected tbh. I suppose that’s still pretty lucky. 

Edited by dannnnnnex

Zahel

Lehaz

There's my little joke :P

But seriously Mat I was evil in every distro??? :o

That seems quite cursed.

I had fun, just stressed and really wanted the immunity order last round, we decided to try and chance it to save it for later, almost worked out. Almost.

Kas, village is so much better. Evil is fun, but this game really convinced me that it is better.

6 hours ago, dannnnnnex said:

i like that justification, good job. using zahel is clever, was that your plan from the start?

It was my plan since like… C2? Maybe C3. You can find in the dead doc the moment I thought of it.

24 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

But seriously Mat I was evil in every distro??? :o

That seems quite cursed.

I had fun, just stressed and really wanted the immunity order last round, we decided to try and chance it to save it for later, almost worked out. Almost.

Kas, village is so much better. Evil is fun, but this game really convinced me that it is better.

Hey, RNG saw the Zahel explanation before I did I guess :P 

Yeah, the immunity (or lack thereof) at the end there was a bummer. I’ll have more on that later.

This was unconventional evil, though, so it doesn’t count :ph34r: 

43 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Welcome to the Village side, Village Bro :eyes:

Though GMs may occasionally curse me to Evil, my soul is Village. Village best alignment! >:(

P.S. Didn't break your code - I did try Taravangian's and ran a brute force cracker I wrote for simple substitution ciphers in class, but otherwise felt there were too few samples for frequency analysis to be potentially successful.

Thanks @Matrim's Dice, mostly had fun and it was a good switch up :)

Apologies for my C4 snap - it was definitely Not A Good Day and I think my control cracked there. I did enjoy drawing increasingly insane Pepe Silva diagrams and letting the Sacred Coin scam me into the worst attacks so I consider this an absolute win :D 

8 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

P.S. Didn't break your code - I did try Taravangian's and ran a brute force cracker I wrote for simple substitution ciphers in class, but otherwise felt there were too few samples for frequency analysis to be potentially successful.

Interesting.

It was just me fake claiming who I was going to stab.

I very much wanted to say I was a TD in it :P

I think I'm going to keep using and encrypt it a bit more, came up with a really good way to make it harder to crack.

10 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

ChantaradannnnnnexMr. Misting, and The Unknown Novel have won! Congratulations to them! Unofficially, Sadeas' Slayers have won the duel 3-1, but for the purpose of stats sheets I would treat that as just flavor. There were only four winners :P

Congrats to the winners! This lasted a bit longer than I expected. Nice that it came close. :)