Burning Ettmetal

CognitiveShadow

So what would happen if Wax tried swallowing some harmonium? Since anyone can take lerasium and become mistborn, I wonder if anyone would be able to burn harmonium? Also if you did have all the prerequisites met, what would happen if you burn it? Just a big explosion and you die? Maybe Wayne should try it instead

I think a prior WoB was that a Mistborn could burn harmonium to some effect, but that would require it somehow being in their body without it reacting to the water inside their body and exploding. But a Gold Compounder could survive it.

Spoiler

Silasary

If someone is a full Mistborn and is able to use Feruchemical gold... can they safely burn harmonium?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, okay. This is theoretically possible. 

Silasary

Would it have an effect?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. It would do something.

Silasary

And I'm going to hopefully ask what that is.

Brandon Sanderson

*gives a RAFO card* You've earned their card.

Emerald City Comic Con 2018 (March 1, 2018)

Unsure if anyone could burn it - it seems anyone could burn lerasium or "refined" atium, but God Metals don't seem to follow a solid enough pattern in general.

9 hours ago, Firesong said:

WoB said it does have an effect when burned, but it is a RAFO. 

Answer as for what we know, is it would react and explode before you could actually burn it. 

Wait a minute.

From new released chapters we know Harmonium reacts to water, but not to Acids, what is abnormal, because Alkalic metals reacts with water because it behaves as weak acid. But whatever, this is Godmetal, should be abnormal. Point is, in human stomach there is very powerfull acid, with pH around 1,5. So if Harmonium is not reacting to acids, we need "just" deliver it to the stomach not touching tissue, and within stomach human should be able to burn it safely.

Given all the stuff that Wayne heals from without being a Gold Twinborn, I'd say that a Bloodmaker with decent health stores definitely could swallow harmonium in oil suspension and survive the process. 

Excellent point about stomach acid, @Bzhydack - but IMHO it would still be far too dangerous for anyone but a Gold Ferring, because what if a flake of it touches tissue before arriving in the stomach?

They really should have experimented on Wayne, eh?

On 08/11/2022 at 4:47 PM, Isilel said:

Given all the stuff that Wayne heals from without being a Gold Twinborn, I'd say that a Bloodmaker with decent health stores definitely could swallow harmonium in oil suspension and survive the process. 

Excellent point about stomach acid, @Bzhydack - but IMHO it would still be far too dangerous for anyone but a Gold Ferring, because what if a flake of it touches tissue before arriving in the stomach?

It'd probably blow him in half, which he can heal from.

He'd also likely be crazy enough to do it too if he had a reason to.

On 08/11/2022 at 10:47 AM, Isilel said:

That’s what you have biodegradable pill capsules for, just suspend the harmonium nugget in natural oil and warp it in a little case and you have a perfectly safe harmonium delivery system. Gives an all new meaning for popping pills.

That’s assuming that the stomach acids do indeed makes the harmonium safe, otherwise you will end up with little bits of person all over the room… edit: which comes to think about it also give a new meaning to popping pills.

Edited by Blackwarder