The bondsmiths didnt destroy ashyn *Spoilers ROW*

brute_cage

It took me until just now to realize that Ishar may be a super dangerous bondsmith unchained but that had nothing to do with the destruction of Ashyn.  

I always thought that was the scary part of the creation of BU w/ honor's passing, but per AA it was in large part microkinesis, which is a cousin to cohesion, not adhesion.  You could argue they all involve axi, so there's a chance of nuking either way.  Still, lets get afraid of ElseCallers and Stonewards right!?

2 hours ago, brute_cage said:

It took me until just now to realize that Ishar may be a super dangerous bondsmith unchained but that had nothing to do with the destruction of Ashyn.  

I always thought that was the scary part of the creation of BU w/ honor's passing, but per AA it was in large part microkinesis, which is a cousin to cohesion, not adhesion.  You could argue they all involve axi, so there's a chance of nuking either way.  Still, lets get afraid of ElseCallers and Stonewards right!?

The planet that was affected by microkinesis was Yolen not Ashyn

Fortunately, in my explorations, it appears that Stoneshaping is far less … explosive of a power, bounded by the rules that Honor placed upon it to protect from the mistakes happened on Yolen.

Also,

The Stormfather rumbled in the back of his mind. I was not certain itcould be done, he said. The power of Bondsmiths was tempered by Honor, for the good of all. Ever since the destruction of Ashyn.

So i still think Ashyn was destroyed by a bondsmith unchained

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure bondsmiths played a role in the destruction of Ashyn but I've always thought that it was mostly the Stonewards and Dustbringers. We don't see them on screen but according to this, the dustbringer oaths are about dealing with their increasing power with increasing responsibility and respect for their power. I think this is partly because of the damage they did on Ashyn. and Stonewards are crazy powerful when properly utilized. we haven't really seen that either, but their surges are among the most destructive. 

Bondsmiths are a bit of a weird case. I feel like the way they use tension and adhesion is just in vibes. Like year Dalinar can stick a bar stool to the wall to climb up to a high place but most of his abilities are just "uniting" in some form. Uniting the 3 realms with a perpendicularity. Uniting the broken pieces of Thaylen statues and buildings. I feel like Brando tries to make the powers fit the surges, but he figures out what he wants Dalinar to do first, then justifies it through "uniting". So we really have no clue what any other bondsmith is capable of because it is so subjective to each one. Maybe Ashyhn bondsmiths could have accidentally destroyed their planet. But I don't think that's really what happened. 

Also, the surge of cohesion is shared by Stonewards and Willshapers, not Elsecallers.

• 2 weeks later...