Connection Manipulation and Being Bilingual

That1Cellist

Question

So, if a person who speaks multiple languages uses Connection manipulation like Dalinar to be able to learn a language for a while, what language would that person hear? In Dalinar's case, he feels that he is still speaking and hearing Alethi, but isn't actually doing so. If a person was equally fluent in more than one language, which language would they think they were hearing and speaking in?

2 answers to this question

I think it would be whatever they considered to be their "native language". Similar to how people that speak multiple languages but usually think in their native language. Have you read Bands of Morning? There is some more info on this that is kind of interesting in regard to peoples accents. 

Just now, StormingTexan said:

I think it would be whatever they considered to be their "native language". Similar to how people that speak multiple languages but usually think in their native language. Have you read Bands of Morning? There is some more info on this that is kind of interesting in regard to peoples accents. 

Agreed.  It's also why I suspect Dalinar wouldn't have been able to use Connection to Read until he established his own Native (Written) Language and became literate.