Long Game 90: Undiluted Powers

Araris Valerian

In the first centuries after the Lord Ruler's ascension, Allomancy was stronger, and Mistborn were more common than Mistings. The town of Tyrian Falls was established near one of the ashmounts as a waypoint for pure metals to be delivered between Luthadel and Fadrex city, and a Koloss garrison stationed nearby to deter any bandits or rebels. However, the Lord Ruler is off to the outskirts of the empire to personally deal with a significant uprising, and reports are that the Koloss are growing restless. Furthermore it seems that a faction within the town itself seeks the destruction of the town. Can you hunt out these Spiked, or will Tyrian Falls have to be rebuilt from its ashes upon the Lord Ruler's return?

Welcome to LG 90: Undiluted Powers! This is a Tyrian-adjacent game, so nearly all the rules are the same as in our anniversary games, but the Rioter and Soother roles have been redesigned to remove the vote manipulation. I, @Araris Valerian will be the GM, and our IM is @Elandera.

The game will start at 5:00 PM EDT on Saturday the 22nd, or be postponed to Tuesday the 25th if I don't have at least 12 players by then. Rollovers will be at 5 PM EDT.

THUG: They can survive a single attack. If they are killed during a night or day cycle, they survive and this will be revealed in the write up. If they are attacked again, they die… finally.

TINEYE: They are messengers and are capable of writing messages to the town while remaining anonymous. Each night, they can send a message to the Game Master. The GM will then post it within the write up at the start of the next Day. As long as a Tineye is alive, players can send Private Messages back and forth. Once no Tineye is alive, they can no longer deliver messages, so no more PMs.

SMOKER: The Smoker is undetectable and they can extend this power to one other person each night. If scanned by a Seeker, the smoker or the person encompassed within their coppercloud will show up as being Smoked. Alternatively, the Smoker can turn their coppercloud off. This would allow them to be scanned accurately as a Smoker. In addition to being undetectable by the Seeker, the Smoker and their target are unaffected by emotional Allomancy. As long as the Smoker is using their coppercloud, a Soother or Rioter cannot change their target or cancel their action.

SEEKER: The Seeker can sense when someone is burning metals. In fact, they have gotten so good that they can tell whether someone is spiked or not! Once per night, the Seeker can target someone to learn their abilities and alignment.

COINSHOT: The Coinshot does what they do best. They push metals around; specifically into other people’s bodies. Once per night, the Coinshot can target a person for death. Unless otherwise disrupted, that person dies.

LURCHER: Where the Coinshot pushes, the Lurcher pulls. Once per night the Lurcher can target someone and that person will be saved from death. A Lurcher cannot target the same person two nights in a row.

SOOTHER: Their ability to manipulate emotions puts them and the Rioter in a very special position. During the Night, they can negate one person’s action. The target will be notified that they were roleblocked. Ruin’s influence on an individual is more powerful than that of a normal Allomancer, however, so the Spiked kill cannot be stopped by Soothing.

RIOTER: The Rioter works in a similar fashion as the Soother, except once during the night round they can change one person’s action target. The target will be aware that they were Rioted and notified of who their final target was. As with the Soother, a normal Allomancer cannot overcome Ruin’s influence, so the target of the Spiked kill cannot be changed by Rioting.

MISTBORN: They have the abilities of all of the above, but will only be able to use one per cycle. At the beginning of every day, the Mistborn will be told which ability they have and they can use that ability until the next day. If a previously held power would be received, the die is rerolled, and the new power is granted regardless of whether or not it was previously held.

VANILLA: You have no special powers, but you still get a vote every day. Who knows? Perhaps you were meant to be the one to save the town! Not all stories are about the strongest people in a group.

Details and Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • 48 hour days, 24 hour nights.
  • Vote minimum is 1; ties are decided randomly.
  • An unsuccessful attack will be announced in the writeup as "X was attacked, but didn't die!" with no differentiation between Thug and Lurcher protection. Spiked vs Coinshot attacks will be differentiated in the writeup, including if the attack is unsuccessful.
  • Group PMs are allowed.
  • Spiked do not necessarily have a role.
  • Spiked get a faction kill each Night
  • There are no secrets.
  • There is an inactivity filter of 2 cycles (counting posts only) after which you will be replaced (if pinchhitters are available) or die otherwise.
  • A Tineye who is killed at Night will still have their message appear in the writeup at the start of the next Day (along with their dead body).
  • The way Mistborn rolls work is that if the first roll turns up a metal that the Mistborn has already had, roll again and take that roll even if they've also already had that metal. (Once a Mistborn has had all eight metals, the "metals that the Mistborn has already had" list resets to nothing.)

OoA: Smoking, Rioting**, Soothing**, Seeking, Tineye Message, Lurching, Kills

** The interactions between Soothing and Rioting are clarified below.

Emotional Allomancy interactions:

• Seeking a Smoked target will have a result of "your target was Smoked" (for role and alignment both).
  • If a Rioter and a Soother try to move and cancel the same action, the action is moved and canceled (with an effective result of just canceled).
  • Rioting someone's action to a Smoked player will work as normal.
  • Soothing or Rioting a Smoked player will not affect that player's action.
  • Two or more Riots on the same target will 'cancel out' and the target's action will stay in place.
  • A Riot cannot be used to stop a player from targeting anyone
  • However, Rioting a Lurcher to a target they protected the previous turn will work, causing the Lurcher's action to fail
  • The order between multiple Riots will be random

Players:

Spoiler
  1. Matrim's Dice (Adam)
  2. Ashbringer (AraRaash)
  3. The Wandering Wizard (TBD)
  4. Conquestor (Simeon Venture)
  5. The Unknown Novel (Edven Tyrian)
  6. Illwei (TBD)
  7. Shining Silhouette (TBD)
  8. Cinnamon (Evenlyn Royale)
  9. JNV (Atelos)
  10. shadow1 (Shadowblob)
  11. The Aspiring Archivist (TBD)
  12. Just a Silvereye (Felix)
  13. Dannnnnnex (TBD)
  14. xinoehp512 (TBD)
  15. Devotary of Spontaneity (Ora)
  16. The Bookwyrm (Rylim Libran)
  17. Turtle (TBD)
  18. _Stick_ (;eyes;)
  19. Kasimir (Koren)
  20. Alvron (Riven)

Pinch-Hitters and Spectators:

Spoiler

Quick Links:

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

8 hours ago, Just a Silvereye said:

I think I'll spectate too!

14 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Thanks @The Wandering Wizard!

hey, can I spectate?

I'll echo Mat and say that the rules for this game are relatively uncomplicated as we do them around here, so this is probably as good a game to start playing as any. But I'll enjoy chatting with anyone in the spec doc if you don't want to jump in yet.

Edited by Araris Valerian

Let's make this official - I'm asking for a spec doc.

Very torn and tempted as this is a Tyrian game but my dad has been having health scares for the past couple of weeks, and I don't think I could focus on the game or forgive myself if something happened while I was distracted.

4 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'll echo Mat and say that the rules for this game are relatively uncomplicated as we do them around here, so this is probably as good a game to start playing as any. But I'll enjoy chatting with anyone in the spec doc if you don't want to jump in yet.

Thanks so much! I don't have any experience at at all, but I'd love to be play if that is okay? 

Can I join as Evenlyn Royale 

Edited by Cinnamon