Where/Who Are the Set’s Faceless Immortals?

teknopathetic

We had these introduced in previous books but I haven’t seen any discussion of them. I think we can be pretty sure that someone has been replaced, but I wonder who we think it might be? 

My guess is VenDell as it would be a surpaient callback to era 1 “who is the Kandra” plot lines. 

I always assumed that they are not really kandra and suit just used the only name he knows for "magical servants of god".

Examples in spoilers:

SA

Spoiler

The fused who serve Odium (which some think might be involved with Trell) will probably be called faceless imortal by scadrians.

I think it is very unlikely to be a kandra that started working for the set because harmony could know that very easily.

2 hours ago, offer said:

I always assumed that they are not really kandra and suit just used the only name he knows for "magical servants of god".

Examples in spoilers:

SA

Hide contents

The fused who serve Odium (which some think might be involved with Trell) will probably be called faceless imortal by scadrians.

I think it is very unlikely to be a kandra that started working for the set because harmony could know that very easily.

Yeah, the way Edwarn recognizes the one that comes to him in jail was by the glowing red eyes and the quick, purposeful stride. As for the outward form, he sees that of a “male this time, with a ragged beard and wild hair. A beggar stolen off the street, Suit guessed.”

I think his calling them “Faceless Immortals” was more in the sense of “immortal servants of Trell who move among us as His agents and can take on human form at need/will”. Here it seems more like possession, likely of a dead or unwilling host (“stolen off the street”).

16 hours ago, robardin said:

Yeah, the way Edwarn recognizes the one that comes to him in jail was by the glowing red eyes and the quick, purposeful stride. As for the outward form, he sees that of a “male this time, with a ragged beard and wild hair. A beggar stolen off the street, Suit guessed.”

I think his calling them “Faceless Immortals” was more in the sense of “immortal servants of Trell who move among us as His agents and can take on human form at need/will”. Here it seems more like possession, likely of a dead or unwilling host (“stolen off the street”).

Thanks for finding this quote that the the nega-kandra can indeed shape shift. Who knows if their eyes are always red and/or if there is some way to hide the eye colour. One would assume that the mention of nega-Kandra would mean they show up in the plot of The Lost Metal. A Nega-Kandra impersonating a Kandra would just make so much sense. 

Edited by teknopathetic

19 hours ago, offer said:

Hide contents

Well, was he immediately aware of psaalm?

53 minutes ago, Frustration said:

The quote implies possession more than shape shifting. One of the reasons I think they are something akin to the Fused.

Either way, someone in the story is likely "possessed/controlled/replaced". Does anyone stand out as suspicious?

I suggested that VebDell makes the most sense. He is a new Kandra appointed, people don't know too well, and it kind of acerbic/obstructive to begin with. MeiLaan coming back replaced would also work - and Wayne being the one to catch it. 

Edited by teknopathetic