Trillium theory?

GhostPartea

3 hours ago, hitkay said:

Do we have confirmation that The Lost Metal takes place after Rhythm of War? At the start of The Lost Metal, no kandra has apparently been to Roshar (or at the very least, spent a significant amount of time there), which I figured placed it before Oathbringer. We have a WoB that says the worldhopping kandra is Harmony's agent, not a rogue kandra, and that it's female, so I figured MeLaan was being set up as that kandra. But if we do have confirmation then I agree, this is the main argument against the theory.

Yes there are a few WoBs on it but this is the one credited in the unofficial Cosmere timeline. I actually started a thread about the inconsistencies of the WoB regarding the Kandra world hopper and the pre-view chapters but in the end it was explained in the pre-view chapters that the mission MeLaan is about to go on is the first long term one not neccesarily the first Kandra to go world hopping post catacendre. 

PhantoMonstrosity

Before Ruin and Preservation showed up on Scadrial, was aluminum already antimagical? Also, is [The Alloy of Law] between Stormlight 5&6?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, [The Alloy of Law] is after Stormlight 5. Specific timing will depend on how long I make the 5/6 gap once I get there.

#NookTalks Twitter Q&A with Barnes & Noble (Feb. 16, 2016)

3 minutes ago, StormingTexan said:

Yes there are a few WoBs on it but this is the one credited in the unofficial Cosmere timeline.

If it's after SA5, potentially a decade or so after, then the thing that happened with Odium in SA4 doesn't necessarily throw a wrench into the Odium theory. If Odium is Trell, he could have only started his machinations after SA4 or SA5.

22 minutes ago, hitkay said:

If it's after SA5, potentially a decade or so after, then the thing that happened with Odium in SA4 doesn't necessarily throw a wrench into the Odium theory. If Odium is Trell, he could have only started his machinations after SA4 or SA5.

The time gap between SA5 and SA6 will be about 10 years

AbrahamSTINKIN

Has he hinted at how long of a time gap it's going to be [between the two Stormlight arcs]? Are there going to be the same characters in each sequence?

Brandon Sanderson

Time gap is around ten years, and the back five will largely include the same characters, but the focus will be more on the Heralds.

CenturionRower

Is this a minor spoiler? I was under the impression Moash was going to attempt and kill them all. Or if only the king of the Heralds needed to die. Its possible I misunderstood that part.

Brandon Sanderson

Dead people can still be main focuses of books in Stormlight because of the way I do the flashbacks.

This isn't a promise that they do die, or that they live. Only a note that me announcing someone gets a flashback book isn't an indication they live to that book. Only that they have some interesting events in their past that I intend to delve into.

General Reddit 2020 (Jan. 10, 2020)

So presumably the events may potentially overlap SA6 but we have seen close to 10 years of in-world time so far in MBE2 with the 6 year skip in TLM. The thing would have happened a few years max I would think before AoL and The Set was pretty well established by AoL. Not saying it is impossible but it seems unlikely that Trell started mucking about on Scadrial after the thing. 

32 minutes ago, StormingTexan said:

So presumably the events may potentially overlap SA6 but we have seen close to 10 years of in-world time so far in MBE2 with the 6 year skip in TLM. The thing would have happened a few years max I would think before AoL and The Set was pretty well established by AoL. Not saying it is impossible but it seems unlikely that Trell started mucking about on Scadrial after the thing.

I'm just going to switch to spoilers.

Spoiler

You make a good point: if Trell is Odium, then the plan probably began with Rayse. However, a quote from RoW: But he did know his predecessor’s plans, and had access to some of his knowledge. So Taravangian knew the cosmere was in chaos. Ruled by fools. Presided over by broken gods. And from the Wiki: "Taravangian intends to expand Odium's influence throughout the cosmere after his and Dalinar's contest of champions is settled, regardless of the outcome."

It's still the biggest non-narrative argument against the Odium theory, but it remains entirely possible that Trell is Odium, and Taravangian just took over from Rayse.

Looking over some SA stuff, I'm wondering if we should also be considering Cultivation. I'd forgotten how much of a plotter she is.

Edited by hitkay