The First Gem

Ok so I’m up late thinking and I recently just started playing a video game called Valorant. It’s pretty fun but there is a bunch of character roles that help the 5v5 team plant a bomb or diffuse the bomb. So each character has a kit of abilities and I was just thinking how cool a mistborn version would be. You could have like Lurchers and Coinshots that fight or have Thugs. And then you could have a Nicroburst that boosts abilities or a Leecher that would drain people of their alloymancy. You could have seekers have some sort of small X-ray vision ability for people burning metals. Copper clouds could hide that from seekers and like make footsteps around them not make noise. You could have those tempreal metal burners in the game too. I bet we could even implement Lerasium as like ult orbs to charge a mistborn ult ability. You could have Oracals make like a clone to send out that you control but has 0 health. Augurs could like see where an enemy used to be as a kind of trail. 

You could even use feruchemy. A Steelrunner could store speed and then tap it to be super fast. A blood maker could heal themselves my storing heath they take from opponents by attacking and maybe heal other teammates. Spinners could like see where people are on the map for a limited time. Windwhisper is basically a tineye and a Brute is like a thug. 

in the buy phase you could like buy metal minds to fill with properties and you could buy metal vials along with guns. You could go further too and make it so you can buy a clip of aluminum throwing daggers or bullets.

And there is still possibilities for more ferrings and mistings that you could release as season updates.

oh and another thing you could even add is like hemalurgic spikes where when you or a teammate kill someone they drop a spike with their power or just enhance your power for a round. Or in a feruchemist case a unsealed metal mind with what they had stored.

All of these ideas could make a really cool tactile 5v5 fps shooter. The team synergy would be so cool if you knew how to make it work. Like imagine taking a sight and just having a Pulser slowing down a chock point and a Slider just speeding your team to sight and then having lurchers get into a wacky spot and a coin shot shooting coins around. I feel like a game like this would be So fun to make and play. 

So what do y’all think? Any add on ideas? Any video game developers tryna snag this idea?. Maybe Dragonsteel sees this and makes it? Let’s here it. 

• 6 months later...

That would be amazing, but an absolute beast to code. It would be fun. Instead of them dropping a hemalurgic spike, maybe killing an opponent with an uncharged spike can steal the opponents’ abilities with reduced potency, then killing a spiked individual then drops a spike.

• 4 months later...

You've really thought this through, from different character roles based on mistings and ferrings, all the way to the game's economy with metal minds and metal vials. The seasonal updates idea could keep the game fresh for a long time, too. I mean, who wouldn't want to play as a Coinshot or a Steelrunner in a video game?!

Edited by BraydenMiles