Recap book 1-3 of Wax and Wayne?

Wax

I am a little sheepish as I type this. I barely remember the previous books in the series except random snippets. As I gear up for The Lost Metal, is there a summary somewhere of the previous books? I only

remember being so lost when I read the Bands of Mourning, and now I barely remember that as well. So, please a summary or a link?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

One option could be to go watch the Shardcast recaps of the books, they are a little unfocused but would catch you up to speed pretty fast.

We'll try to do a dedicated recap video... soon... hopefully... 

1 hour ago, Wax said:

I am a little sheepish as I type this. I barely remember the previous books in the series except random snippets. As I gear up for The Lost Metal, is there a summary somewhere of the previous books? I only

remember being so lost when I read the Bands of Mourning, and now I barely remember that as well. So, please a summary or a link?

51 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

There are summaries on the Coppermind, I believe. Those could be what you are wanting.

Coppermind Links:

Alloy of Law - Set on Scadrial and takes place 341 years after the events of The Hero of Ages. The events from the Mistborn trilogy are now legend, history, and religion.

The book follows Waxillium Ladrian, a descendant of Breeze and former lawman who returns from the Roughs to assume leadership of his house in the wake of his uncle's passing, and Wayne - Wax's formidable partner and old friend. The two of them are Twinborn, with both one Allomantic power and one Feruchemical power.

Shadows of Self - The trilogy’s heroes are now figures of myth and legend, even objects of religious veneration. They are succeeded by wonderful new characters, chief among them Waxillium Ladrian, known as Wax, hereditary Lord of House Ladrian but also, until recently, a lawman in the ungoverned frontier region known as the Roughs. There he worked with his eccentric but effective buddy, Wayne. They are “twinborn,” meaning they are able to use both Allomantic and Feruchemical magic.

Shadows of Self shows Mistborn’s society evolving as technology and magic mix, the economy grows, democracy contends with corruption, and religion becomes a growing cultural force, with four faiths competing for converts.

This bustling, optimistic, but still shaky society now faces its first instance of terrorism, crimes intended to stir up labor strife and religious conflict. Wax and Wayne, assisted by the lovely, brilliant Marasi, must unravel the conspiracy before civil strife stops Scadrial’s progress in its tracks.

Bands of Mourning - The Bands of Mourning are the mythical metalminds owned by the Lord Ruler, said to grant anyone who wears them the powers that the Lord Ruler had at his command. Hardly anyone thinks they really exist. But now a kandra researcher has returned to Elendel with images that seem to depict the Bands, as well as writings in a language that no one can read. Waxillium Ladrian is recruited to travel south to the city of New Seran to investigate, and along the way he discovers hints that point to the true goals of his uncle Edwarn and the shadowy organization known as The Set.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/10/2022 at 0:04 PM, Treamayne said:

Coppermind Links:

Alloy of Law - Set on Scadrial and takes place 341 years after the events of The Hero of Ages. The events from the Mistborn trilogy are now legend, history, and religion.

The book follows Waxillium Ladrian, a descendant of Breeze and former lawman who returns from the Roughs to assume leadership of his house in the wake of his uncle's passing, and Wayne - Wax's formidable partner and old friend. The two of them are Twinborn, with both one Allomantic power and one Feruchemical power.

Shadows of Self - The trilogy’s heroes are now figures of myth and legend, even objects of religious veneration. They are succeeded by wonderful new characters, chief among them Waxillium Ladrian, known as Wax, hereditary Lord of House Ladrian but also, until recently, a lawman in the ungoverned frontier region known as the Roughs. There he worked with his eccentric but effective buddy, Wayne. They are “twinborn,” meaning they are able to use both Allomantic and Feruchemical magic.

Shadows of Self shows Mistborn’s society evolving as technology and magic mix, the economy grows, democracy contends with corruption, and religion becomes a growing cultural force, with four faiths competing for converts.

This bustling, optimistic, but still shaky society now faces its first instance of terrorism, crimes intended to stir up labor strife and religious conflict. Wax and Wayne, assisted by the lovely, brilliant Marasi, must unravel the conspiracy before civil strife stops Scadrial’s progress in its tracks.

Bands of Mourning - The Bands of Mourning are the mythical metalminds owned by the Lord Ruler, said to grant anyone who wears them the powers that the Lord Ruler had at his command. Hardly anyone thinks they really exist. But now a kandra researcher has returned to Elendel with images that seem to depict the Bands, as well as writings in a language that no one can read. Waxillium Ladrian is recruited to travel south to the city of New Seran to investigate, and along the way he discovers hints that point to the true goals of his uncle Edwarn and the shadowy organization known as The Set.

On 19/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, That1Cellist said:

There are summaries on the Coppermind, I believe. Those could be what you are wanting.

Thanks for the summaries. It helped make some sense of the series. I had to go back and read the summary for the Alloy of Law to make any sense. Basically, I had a blank spot for the Steris/Marasi/Wax romantic triangle from the first book (I read the Alloy of Law half asleep originally). So, I couldn’t work out what was happening with any of the female characters.