Channelknight Fadran

Nayka stepped back. The girl was okay—now was the time to skip out. She couldn’t be discovered. But she hated to leave…

Whist was finishing up with tying the poor girls bandages when she noticed that the other girl was inching away. She was wearing plain clothing, and holding a bundle of some kind. She had a desperate expression on her face.

Whist's Mom Friend instincts kicked in, both of these girls needed help.

"Are you alright?" Whist asked the girl before she could get to far, "You seem stressed, is there anything I can do to help?"

@The Halcyon Girl

Edited by justice_magician

19 minutes ago, justice_magician said:

Whist gratefully accepted the bandages from the sky-like young man. She couldn't help but notice the large amount of books in his bag, was he a scholar perhaps?

"Thank you so much! I appreciate it," she said, hopefully he wouldn't expect her to pay him.

She quickly wrapped one of the lengths of white cloth around her head to stop the bleeding. 

All of a sudden Whist noticed a surge on energy from the young man, was he using Light magic? It was hard for her to tell since it obviously wasn't the suns power.

Crying from a little ways down the dock caught her attention, and she turned away from the Sky person to see two young girls sitting on the ground. One of them was crying and her legs were covered in blood.

"Are you all right? What can I do? Can I do anything?”  the other girl asked, “Do you need food? Or a hospital? Or… anything?”

Whist was over next to the two young girls in a matter of seconds. She wound some of the extra bandages around the girls scrapes. 

"oh you poor thing!" she said, "Does it hurt? Don't worry, I'm well trained in healing, everything will be alright."

@The Halcyon Girl @The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity

[  @NerdyAarakocra you are welcome to join, though there are already several of us, I would recommend going back and reading some stuff since things have progressed a bit]

Fiadh couldn't stop crying. She hated it. She shouldn't have been fine She should have been okay. It was just a scrape right. But no matter how hard she tried she couldn't stop crying.

Fiadh looked up at the women who was bandaging her scrapes, "It just hurts." She inwardly winced, she sounded so vulnerable. But she couldn't help it anymore. Everything except for getting that bracelet that was in her pocket had gone wrong today. She was going to be a one of the other ports but she had gotten distracted by all the stuff her and now she was accepting help from strangers. What had happened to her? Why was she being so weak today?

7 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh couldn't stop crying. She hated it. She shouldn't have been fine She should have been okay. It was just a scrape right. But no matter how hard she tried she couldn't stop crying.

Fiadh looked up at the women who was bandaging her scrapes, "It just hurts." She inwardly winced, she sounded so vulnerable. But she couldn't help it anymore. Everything except for getting that bracelet that was in her pocket had gone wrong today. She was going to be a one of the other ports but she had gotten distracted by all the stuff her and now she was accepting help from strangers. What had happened to her? Why was she being so weak today?

"Don't worry!" Whist said, trying to comfort the injured girl.

Eyeing the girl with the bundle, she continued, "I put some ointment on it that will numb the pain for a bit, don't cry, it will be alright!"

She put her arm around the girl, she looked so small and scared. Children her age shouldn't have to live life with this much fear. 

Whist dug through her bag, pulling out an apple. "you look hungry and I think you'll feel better with a full stomach." She handed her the apple and tried to smile in a friendly way.

32 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"PLAN!" Vance fell deep into his stance. "Quest, you stay back and keep lobbing fireballs! See if you can give me some openings."

Quendi's eyebrows shot up. "Oh?"

At that moment, Terakor burst through a gap in the trees, nearly bouncing off a trunk in his hurry.

"Run!" he screamed. "Monster!"

6 minutes ago, justice_magician said:

Whist was finishing up with tying the poor girls bandages when she noticed that the other girl was inching away. She was wearing plain clothing, and holding a bundle of some kind. She had a desperate expression on her face.

Whist's Mom Friend instincts kicked in, both of these girls needed help.

"Are you alright?" Whist asked the girl before she could get to far, "You seem stressed, is there anything I can do to help?"

@The Halcyon Girl

The woman noticed, apparently. “Are you alright? You seem stressed, is there anything I can do to help?”

”Uh…” Nayka glanced over her shoulder, then did a double take. That woman! The one who was looking for her! Calm down. Move slowly. “Yeah, noI’m good. Unles you have a ride out of town.” Carefully, she maneuvered until the woman and the other girl were blocking Nayka’s view of her pursuer.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I wasn’t before. Nobody seemed to be doing so, and Kealie’s magic was doing things to it. I think Mr. was controlling it, and he can have it if he wants it.

38 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"F-for the adventure of a lifetime!" The stranger took a careful step back, hands still in the air.

Hyron's green eyes narrowed. "Keep talking."

Don't get them wrong, Hyron loved it here in Juun. But sometimes they wished they could go see the world. So, they were going to listen, cautiously, to whatever the stranger had to say.

And pray Juuno wasn't stupid enough to intervene.

4 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron's green eyes narrowed. "Keep talking."

Don't get them wrong, Hyron loved it here in Juun. But sometimes they wished they could go see the world. So, they were going to listen, cautiously, to whatever the stranger had to say.

And pray Juuno wasn't stupid enough to intervene.

The stranger seemed to perk up slightly. "I, ah, represent the Order of the Fallen Star." As he spoke, he seemed to get more confident. "We're an order of mages with a simple goal; to reach the moons."

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The stranger seemed to perk up slightly. "I, ah, represent the Order of the Fallen Star." As he spoke, he seemed to get more confident. "We're an order of mages with a simple goal; to reach the moons."

Hyron glanced up at the sky, where Calia hung. "What purpose would that bring? Seems futile."

55 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Terakor slowly looked up.

Then he screamed and ran.

Annamus frowning examines the ground where the human had been.

What in the world could he have been looking for with that metal rod? He was so preoccupied he didn't even see me until I spoke.

It was a good scare.

It frightened him which was what I wanted, but he looked terrified, like I was going to kill him.

You should have. I should at the very least make sure they leave the forest.

Annamus starts following the path that the human made through the underbrush. His armor scraping against twigs and branches in his path.

@InfiniteInsanity @justice_magician @The Halcyon Girl

Lyras watched as the two women talked to the younger girl. The younger woman was still clearly agitated, but the older woman, despite her head wound and bandage, seemed overly determined to help the other two. Lyras smiled. They'd be fine.

I wish I'd learned their names, at least...Ah well.

Lyras picked up his pack, slung it on his back, then picked up his staff and turned to leave. He nearly ran into the man in the strange clothing he'd seen earlier.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Excuse me!" called the pointy-hatted stranger. "May I have a moment of your time?"

Lyras hesitated. "Maybe," he said. "I'm in a slight hurry, though..."

Edited by The Bookwyrm

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Like this!"

The stranger hopped up... and up.... and up. It seemed that gravity had stopped working for him altogether.

Hyron instinctively leaped backwards, brandishing their weapons.

How- They thought, in utter shock at this random display of power. Well, not random. It was warned that such power would be shown beforehand.

But still. The stranger was stalking floating.

Stalks... this would not stand.

"Absolutely not. We will not approve of this. We do not allow you passage, and we will not be joining you." Hyron said firmly.

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@InfiniteInsanity @justice_magician @The Halcyon Girl

Lyras watched as the two women talked to the younger girl. The younger woman was still clearly agitated, but the older woman, despite her head wound and bandage, seemed overly determined to help the other two. Lyras smiled. They'd be fine.

I wish I'd learned their names, at least...Ah well.

Lyras picked up his pack, slung it on his back, then picked up his staff and turned to leave. He nearly ran into the man in the strange clothing he'd seen earlier.

Lyras hesitated. "Maybe," he said. "I'm in a slight hurry, though..."

"Don't worry, this won't take," the stranger panted, "more than a moment of your time." He straightened up, catching his breath. "How would you like to be a pioneer? Do things never before done? Go places never before gone?"

4 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron instinctively leaped backwards, brandishing their weapons.

How- They thought, in utter shock at this random display of power. Well, not random. It was warned that such power would be shown beforehand.

But still. The stranger was stalking floating.

Stalks... this would not stand.

"Absolutely not. We will not approve of this. We do not allow you passage, and we will not be joining you." Hyron said firmly.

The stranger blinked, his magic suddenly fading as he crashed to the ground. He winced. "Ouch." Carefully, he made his way back onto his feet, a resigned expression on his face. "Do you know where I can find other people? Perhaps ones that might be more interested?"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"PLAN!" Vance fell deep into his stance. "Quest, you stay back and keep lobbing fireballs! See if you can give me some openings."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Quest was fine with this plan. He stumbled back a few steps and began to draw on his magic.

Three orbs of light began to form around him, drawing on his power. He used to be able to make more orbs but three was his current limit. It would have to do. As the power welled inside of the orbs they gained speed and size, forming a circle around him. There was two flaming balls of fire and a ball of streaming concentrated green light. Quest focused for a moment and one of the flaming balls shoot forward at the massive bunny. Soon a pinprick of red light took its place, quickly growing in size.

The fire didn't do much, it seemed to be resistant to it but it gave the short fellow an opening. He went in with his knife sized swords and engaged the death bunny. Quest was ready to heal him with his life orb if the time came. Until then he would continue, he had too. This wouldn't be like last time.

Quest forced back bitter memories, this was neither the time of the place. Death bunnies trump flashbacks scenes. 

57 minutes ago, justice_magician said:

"Don't worry!" Whist said, trying to comfort the injured girl.

Eyeing the girl with the bundle, she continued, "I put some ointment on it that will numb the pain for a bit, don't cry, it will be alright!"

She put her arm around the girl, she looked so small and scared. Children her age shouldn't have to live life with this much fear. 

Whist dug through her bag, pulling out an apple. "you look hungry and I think you'll feel better with a full stomach." She handed her the apple and tried to smile in a friendly way.

Fiadh froze for a couple seconds when the woman put her arm around her. No one had intentionally touched her in a long time. And she couldn't remember the last time someone had touched her to comfort her or in an act of kindness. She took a couple deep breaths and calmed down a bit.

And then the woman offered her food. Food. Fiadh didn't hesitate at all. She took it and started to eat it rather quickly. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

The fire didn't do much, it seemed to be resistant to it but it gave the short fellow an opening. He went in with his knife sized swords and engaged the death bunny.

Looks like you're new to the place, so I'll catch you up to speed.

It's in the rules somewhere - what did it say...

oh yeah

N O   G O D M O D D I N G

Kindly :)

Vance darted in towards the... ah, 'death bunny'. He came in from around, passing across a stump and over a small bush, giving Quest a full lineup for his fireballs. The death bunny didn't seem particularly fazed by them - which, in his understandable opinion, did not bode well - but divided its attention enough for him to get in close.

"RABBIT STEWWWW!" Was his battlecry. He slashed in a crisscross with both his blades, leaving a bloody X in the bunny's left flank.

8 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh froze for a couple seconds when the woman put her arm around her. No one had intentionally touched her in a long time. And she couldn't remember the last time someone had touched her to comfort her or in an act of kindness. She took a couple deep breaths and calmed down a bit.

And then the woman offered her food. Food. Fiadh didn't hesitate at all. She took it and started to eat it rather quickly. 

"Whats your name?" Whist asked, digging around in her bag for another apple. The first had disappeared very quickly.

She handed the next apple to the girl, who was starting to calm down. 

"I'm Whist"

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Don't worry, this won't take," the stranger panted, "more than a moment of your time." He straightened up, catching his breath. "How would you like to be a pioneer? Do things never before done? Go places never before gone?"

Lyras raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" He admitted it sounded somewhat interesting, but...it was most likely a sham. Or someone having a higher opinion of themselves than was reasonable.

1 minute ago, justice_magician said:

"Whats your name?" Whist asked, digging around in her bag for another apple. The first had disappeared very quickly.

She handed the next apple to the girl, who was starting to calm down. 

"I'm Whist"

Fiadh paused. Maybe her rules were wrong,maybe she could trust some people. This woman seemed nice. But so had her grandparents.

Fiadh decides to give this woman a chance, "Fiadh." She took the second apple and started eating it.

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

Is okay. Most new folks make the same mistakes. Basically you just don't want to make decisions for other peoples' characters, so here are some basic courtesies to help with that:

• When in combat with another PC, a good rule of thumb is to effectively "declare" your action (i.e. "Tommy fired a gun at Billy") and then let the other player decide the outcome (i.e. "Billy only narrowly dodged, the bullet grazing his shoulder"). 
  • Also when in combat, be sure to somewhat clarify power levels so that other characters can react accordingly. Try to play fair according to how the battle is set. If it's 1v1 of equal level, then you can pretty much do whatever - but if it's a demigod versus a new warrior, then the newbie's gonna take a lot more damage than the demigod.
  • Of course, this rule is flexible at best. A lot of the best interactions start with someone doing something completely unexpected and forcing the other player to deal with it. Try to reserve this for rare occasions, like the BBEG shanking someone else's OP protagonist to nerf them a bit (*cough* Syn *cough*)

Now give us more bunny