Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We're not about to get attacked. It's currently watching us. It'll attack when it finishes weighing the amount of energy is has to put in versus the amount it'll get by eating us." Vance fell into a stance regardless. "Or so my crazy sister tells me. Bunny lady! Do you have weapons or magic or something?"

Quest glanced behind him, the glowing red lights that had covered the forest had transformed into an army of red monsters that were creeping towards their clearing. 

"Ok, what's the plan, Bunny la- I mean Kealie and short fellow who doesn't have swords?" 

14 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Lyras blinked as the young woman darted away and into an alleyway. She briefly turned and met his eyes, then vanished.

That was....random.

Lyras turned to go find the road north, or perhaps a wagon to bring him part of the way, but was almost immediately stopped by a human man.

"Have you seen a young woman run through here? Short brown hair, dark black eyes?" he asked.

Lyras blinked. He had just seen someone matching the description.

Suddenly the girl's urgency made much more sense.

Lyras didn't want to lie, but his instincts told him that he should probably not tell this man anything.

"I did see her," Lyras said after a short pause, "but I don't know where she went. I'm sorry." It was a partial truth. Once she had vanished into the alley, she could have gone anywhere.

The man nodded and walked off with a brisk pace.

Lyras stood there for a moment. Then he continued into the city. 

I suppose we'll meet again, if the Stars will it...

Whist put her hand to her forehead, and it came back scarlet. The flagpole had been rough from weathering, and had given her a large scrape. She was lucky her glasses weren't broken! Trying to cover the blood with one hand, she frantically searched her bag. Whist always caried a First Aid kit for stuff just like this . . .

Of course she happened to be all out of bandages. Now that she thought about it, Whist remembered using the last one on one of the sailors. He had cut his hand on a wood splinter, what had his name been?

Focus! she reminded herself. Could scrapes this small get infected? Whist would have to ask one of the people here on the docks for a bandage. But if she asked a stranger, then she would have to explain why her forehead was all messed up. No, no, no, that was way to embarrassing!

That left her with only one person to ask.

Luckily, the young man with sky-like skin seemed wealthy despite his simpler robes, so he was likely to be carrying bandages of some sort. He had just finished talking to a human man, and looked a tad concerned.

Extremely conscious of the warm blood trickling down her face, she stepped up to him.

"Um, excuse me . . . do you happen to have any bandages or uh . . . something?"

@The Bookwyrm

Name: Sahala

Race: Stellari

Magic: Celestial Starmage, I think

Personality: Very quiet, but has strong opinions on a few random things, and once you get to know her she can be very outspoken.

Backstory: Her parents are really chill, like really chill(read: somewhat neglectful) and so they just let her do literally anything. So she has a little bit of yearning for friends that she doesn’t really show. SHe's rather bookish and so will often pretend she's in a book, and so she often explores in the forest and random places just so that something interesting might happen.

Other: Her skin is an uncommonly dark blue, with an odd formation of stars under one purple eye and over her other green eye. SHe carries a sword but has no idea how to use it, because she never had anyone to train under. She also is

Is it too late? I was at school, and then had XC practice... and then went to go get fabric for my costume. Sorry!

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

33 minutes ago, justice_magician said:

Whist put her hand to her forehead, and it came back scarlet. The flagpole had been rough from weathering, and had given her a large scrape. She was lucky her glasses weren't broken! Trying to cover the blood with one hand, she frantically searched her bag. Whist always caried a First Aid kit for stuff just like this . . .

Of course she happened to be all out of bandages. Now that she thought about it, Whist remembered using the last one on one of the sailors. He had cut his hand on a wood splinter, what had his name been?

Focus! she reminded herself. Could scrapes this small get infected? Whist would have to ask one of the people here on the docks for a bandage. But if she asked a stranger, then she would have to explain why her forehead was all messed up. No, no, no, that was way to embarrassing!

Luckily, the young man with sky-like skin seemed wealthy despite his simpler robes, so he was likely to be carrying bandages of some sort. He had just finished talking to a human man, and looked a tad concerned.

Extremely conscious of the warm blood trickling down her face, she stepped up to him."Um, excuse me . . . do you happen to have any bandages or uh . . . something?"

@The Bookwyrm

Fiadh watched the people pass by below. She still wasn't quite sure how she had ended up on top of the flag pole but it had a great view. She was looking for her next target. That sky skinned guy looked like he might be a good target. A lot of people had come up and talked to him in the short amount of time she'd been watching. And despite his best efforts he was definitely wealthy in some way.

Fiadh slid down the pole gaining a couple scrapes. Ow... No no pin the pain. You can fix that later. Right now you have work to do if you want to eat tonight.  

She headed toward the guy. If he didn't have anything she could take, hopefully someone nearby would.

29 minutes ago, justice_magician said:

Extremely conscious of the warm blood trickling down her face, she stepped up to him.

"Um, excuse me . . . do you happen to have any bandages or uh . . . something?"

@The Bookwyrm

Lyras turned to see the woman who had crashed into a flagpole earlier. 

"Oh! Yes, I think I do..."

Lyras slung his pack off his back and put in on the ground. He opened it and began rummaging through it. The books he had tied to the sides of his pack were wrapped in simple cloth to disguise their intricate leather bondings, but they were still quite obviously books.

@InfiniteInsanity

Figures that your first action would be to try to steal from my character...

As Lyras pulled out a bandage roll and handed it to the woman, he caught movement out of the corner of his eye. A young Kukonandi girl, maybe twelve or thirteen, was inching towards him in a nonchalant manner. She was clearly skilled in not drawing attention to herself. No one seemed to notice as she slipped towards him.

Lyras muttered a few words under his breath, and distant starlight from worlds beyond coalesced around him and his belongings. Despite the blinding sun above, the stars were still there. Just hidden. Their light powered his magic, and his magic manipulated the light. He took that energy and formed it into a shield around his more valuable belongings. When anyone tried to steal anything that he didn't want them to, they would encounter an invisible barrier. The young girl included.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Plan? Plan plan plan..." Vance glanced at the other guy. "What's your name and what's your magic?"

Kealie: eyes closed shut tight and hands over her ears “ITS A BUNNY!”

And suddenly, it is.

But it is very large and has fangs and roars loudly.

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

27 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@InfiniteInsanity

As Lyras pulled out a bandage roll and handed it to the woman, he caught movement out of the corner of his eye. A young Kukonandi girl, maybe twelve or thirteen, was inching towards him in a nonchalant manner. She was clearly skilled in not drawing attention to herself. No one seemed to notice as she slipped towards him.

Lyras muttered a few words under his breath, and distant starlight from worlds beyond coalesced around him and his belongings. Despite the blinding sun above, the stars were still there. Just hidden. Their light powered his magic, and his magic manipulated the light. He took that energy and formed it into a shield around his more valuable belongings. When anyone tried to steal anything that he didn't want them to, they would encounter an invisible barrier. The young girl included.

Fiadh slipped through the crowd. As she moved closer she saw a bracelet flash on someone in front her flash. She sped up and slipped the bracelet off the person's wrist as she slipped past them. Maybe she didn't need to steal from that guy. But she was so hungry and the more she stole the more she could eat. As she slid closer she realized that the pain from one of her scrapes had grown.

Fiadh ignored the pain but reached down to touch the scrape instinctively. It was wet. She looked at her hand. Blood. Dang it. I should do something about that. 

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Lyras blinked as the young woman darted away and into an alleyway. She briefly turned and met his eyes, then vanished.

That was....random.

Lyras turned to go find the road north, or perhaps a wagon to bring him part of the way, but was almost immediately stopped by a human man.

"Have you seen a young woman run through here? Short brown hair, dark black eyes?" he asked.

Lyras blinked. He had just seen someone matching the description.

Suddenly the girl's urgency made much more sense.

Lyras didn't want to lie, but his instincts told him that he should probably not tell this man anything.

"I did see her," Lyras said after a short pause, "but I don't know where she went. I'm sorry." It was a partial truth. Once she had vanished into the alley, she could have gone anywhere.

The man nodded and walked off with a brisk pace.

Lyras stood there for a moment. Then he continued into the city. 

I suppose we'll meet again, if the Stars will it...

Nayka waited. And waited and waited and nobody came. Baffled, she peeked out of the alley. Nobody she recognized. A trap?

This was confusing. Oh well. She left the alley, carefully keeping watch.

3 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh slipped through the crowd. As she moved closer she saw a bracelet flash on someone in front her flash. She sped up and slipped the bracelet off the person's wrist as she slipped past them. Maybe she didn't need to steal from that guy. But she was so hungry and the more she stole the more she could eat. As she slid closer she realized that the pain from one of her scrapes had grown.

Fiadh ignored the pain but reached down to touch the scrape instinctively. It was wet. She looked at her hand. Blood. Dang it. I should do something about that. 

“Woah!” Nayka ran over to a (young? Older?) person who was bleeding.

Irrevocably, definitely bleeding. “Are you okay? Can I help?”

8 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Woah!” Nayka ran over to a (young? Older?) person who was bleeding.

Irrevocably, definitely bleeding. “Are you okay? Can I help?”

Fiadh is twelve.

Fiadh looked up, "Well if you have any bandages that would be helpful but otherwise I'll be fine."

Fiadh felt so vulnerable now that this girl had noticed. It didn't help the wound scrape thing hurt and was apparently bleeding and she was so hungry.

Suddenly before the girl could respond to Fiadh's first comment, Fiadh burst into tears.

14 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Lyras stood at the deck of the ship, watching the sun rise.

The salty sea air filled his nostrils, and a faint spray from the moving ship misted his face. The morning was chilly, but his blue traveling robes and cloak served to keep him warm.

"We'll be arriving in less than an hour," Captain Trekov said as he walked up next to Lyras. He was human, and wore a simple sailor's outfit indistinguishable from his crew's; the only distinctive feature was a purple sash tied across his shoulder. Many of the people Lyras had met since he left Asteri had been wary of him: His distinctive dark blue skin with it's speckled white pinpricks and his glowing eyes had drawn attention to him. Stellasti didn't travel often, so when they did, it caused a stir.

Trekov and his crew had treated him kindly, and while Lyras occasionally caught them staring at him, he didn't mind. They weren't rude; simply curious, and he had been happy to answer their multitude of questions.

Lyras smiled and nodded. "Thank you, captain. Your hospitality and kindness has been greatly appreciated."

Trekov grunted, but Lyras could see a hint of a smile cross his gruff bearded face. "Of course. You're a paying passenger! We wouldn't treat you any different."

Lyras smiled again. "Even so, you have my thanks."

Trekov smiled a little more fully then.

"You should probably go gather your things," he said. "We're stopping in the port town of Cavelin, where you'll take a road north to Alverton, the biggest city on this island. If you want to head to Orteo, you'll need to book another ship's passage."

Lyras nodded.

"Oh, and watch out for thieves. They're common on the docs, and what with your valuable traveling equipment, you'll seem ripe for the picking. Watch yourself."

Lyras smiled and expressed his thanks once again, then went to his room below decks to gather his pack and equipment.

He'd soon land in the Orteo Chain. And he could hardly wait to see what he would find next.

Has this line progressed, or am I cool to join?

7 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh looked up, "Well if you have any bandages that would be helpful but otherwise I'll be fine."

Fiadh felt so vulnerable now that this girl had noticed. It didn't help the wound scrape thing hurt and was apparently bleeding and she was so hungry.

Suddenly before the girl could respond to Fiadh's first comment, Fiadh burst into tears.

Nayka blinked. “Are you all right? What can I do? Can I do anything?” She shifted, holding her bundle under her arm. It still poked. “Do you need food? Or a hospital? Or… anything?”

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST DO???"

Kealie: “Uh… Ocumeritated. It’s something my mind are generally good at. But…” big rabbit roar “Sometimes it doesn’t work quite right. It’s better now, right? I think? Unless it has poisonous fangs.” Laughs “There’s no way it has poisonous fangs…” 

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Kealie: “Uh… Ocumeritated. It’s something my mind are generally good at. But…” big rabbit roar “Sometimes it doesn’t work quite right. It’s better now, right? I think? Unless it has poisonous fangs.” Laughs “There’s no way it has poisonous fangs…” 

Quest blinked once. This was quite the odd day.

Then he lobbed his fireball at the bunny. Normally he would try to work things out but everyone knows that bunnies are natural predators. 

21 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Whist gratefully accepted the bandages from the sky-like young man. She couldn't help but notice the large amount of books in his bag, was he a scholar perhaps?

"Thank you so much! I appreciate it," she said, hopefully he wouldn't expect her to pay him.

She quickly wrapped one of the lengths of white cloth around her head to stop the bleeding. 

All of a sudden Whist noticed a surge on energy from the young man, was he using Light magic? It was hard for her to tell since it obviously wasn't the suns power.

Crying from a little ways down the dock caught her attention, and she turned away from the Sky person to see two young girls sitting on the ground. One of them was crying and her legs were covered in blood.

"Are you all right? What can I do? Can I do anything?”  the other girl asked, “Do you need food? Or a hospital? Or… anything?”

Whist was over next to the two young girls in a matter of seconds. She wound some of the extra bandages around the girls scrapes. 

"oh you poor thing!" she said, "Does it hurt? Don't worry, I'm well trained in healing, everything will be alright."

@The Halcyon Girl @The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity

[  @NerdyAarakocra you are welcome to join, though there are already several of us, I would recommend going back and reading some stuff since things have progressed a bit]

Edited by justice_magician

10 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Quendi observed her 'companions' quietly. They'd been kind enough to let her tag along and get some research in. For most of the ride she'd been scribbling down notes about the trees, but now they were searching for metals? With some form of enchanted rods. She hadn't seen anything quite like them yet.

"What enchantments did you use to give those rods such properties?" She asked.

Anikel grunted as he ran his rod along the ground. "Echo. It's a rare metal, but-"

He was interrupted by a loud scream. Terakor's.

4 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@The Halcyon Girl @InfiniteInsanity

Lyras stepped onto the dock and immediately drew looks. His night-sky skin and glowing eyes seemed to draw just as much attention as his deep blue robes and cloak and his ornately carved staff. He had specifically dressed and packed in a way that downplayed just how much money he had, but...

Some of these people definitely weren't staring at him just because of his race.

Lyras walked across the dock, his staff making the steady thump of wood on wood as he used it to prop him up. He probably didn't need it here, but there were definitely roads in the world where it would come in handy. And he hoped to travel those roads in the future.

As Lyras walked away from the docs and towards the main street, he noticed a man in a curious outfit talking to a pair of human travelers. They seemed to be making excuses to leave, and Lyras could tell that the man would probably want someone new to talk to. And Lyras did not want to be that person. Not now, at least.

He hurried his pace as he left the docks and began to turn on the paved cobblestone street that ran alongside them.

The sound of someone huffing and puffing as they ran came up behind Lyras.

"Excuse me!" called the pointy-hatted stranger. "May I have a moment of your time?"

4 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Annamus stands behind the figure with the rod on the ground and he raises his club. Can I really do this?

Yes you can.

I've never killed anything other than some animals. 

You killed that one human.

Annamus flinches from the sting of the comment. I'm not going to kill anyone this time.

Noticing that the figure on the ground is turning around, Annamus speaks one word, "LEAVE." And it reverberates from his armor, coming out much deeper and menacing then he had intended.

@xinoehp512

Terakor slowly looked up.

Then he screamed and ran.

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron's stance did not waver, despite the strangers seeming attempts to disarm them.

"Recruiting for what? Recruitment parties don't come here often, as we like to keep to ourselves. Answer my questions, and be on your way." Hyron took a threatening step forward. "I will not hesitate to use force."

"F-for the adventure of a lifetime!" The stranger took a careful step back, hands still in the air.

13 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

I would recommend going full prose for forum RPs. Doing script format or *asterisks* kinda makes things difficult to read.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Then he lobbed his fireball at the bunny. Normally he would try to work things out but everyone knows that bunnies are natural predators. 

"PLAN!" Vance fell deep into his stance. "Quest, you stay back and keep lobbing fireballs! See if you can give me some openings."

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Anikel grunted as he ran his rod along the ground. "Echo. It's a rare metal, but-"

He was interrupted by a loud scream. Terakor's.

Quendi's eyebrows shot up. "Oh?"

11 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Kealie: looks at the bunny and tries to convince herself it doesn’t Breathe fire

Aaaaand as a result it does

6 minutes ago, justice_magician said:

Whist gratefully accepted the bandages from the sky-like young man. She couldn't help but notice the large amount of books in his bag, was he a scholar perhaps?

"Thank you so much! I appreciate it," she said, hopefully he wouldn't expect her to pay him.

She quickly wrapped one of the lengths of white cloth around her head to stop the bleeding. 

All of a sudden Whist noticed a surge on energy from the young man, was he using Light magic? It was hard for her to tell since it obviously wasn't the suns power.

Crying from a little ways down the dock caught her attention, and she turned away from the Sky person to see two young girls sitting on the ground. One of them was crying and her legs were covered in blood.

"Are you all right? What can I do? Can I do anything?”  the other girl asked, “Do you need food? Or a hospital? Or… anything?”

Whist was over next to the two young girls in a matter of seconds. She wound some of the extra bandages around the girls scrapes. 

"oh you poor thing!" she said, "Does it hurt? Don't worry, I'm well trained in healing, everything will be alright."

@The Halcyon Girl @The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity

[  @NerdyAarakocra you are welcome to join, though there are already several of us, I would recommend going back and reading some stuff since things have progressed a bit]

Nayka stepped back. The girl was okay—now was the time to skip out. She couldn’t be discovered. But she hated to leave…

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"PLAN!" Vance fell deep into his stance. "Quest, you stay back and keep lobbing fireballs! See if you can give me some openings."

Quendi's eyebrows shot up. "Oh?"

Kealie: “Um… I think it breathes fire now. Sorry?”