Channelknight Fadran

7 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Perfect. Here goes!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAOof!"

If anybody had been there, they would have noticed that something could be clearly seen clinging to a branch of some tree. 

"...trouble this time! Why can't you be SENSIBLE once in a while? Eej, are you listening to me?"

Kealie huffed. Some people linked a wave. Others a tree. But no, of COURSE she'd picked a stupid, sloppy mess of vines instead of a glowing crystal or something with practical use that didn't sling you into a... onto a... where was she?

Kealie slowly made her way down the tree, pointedly not enlisting Eej's help, and soon stepped out of the bushlike tree.After brushing off her skirt, she walked around it and examined it, taking in the large spherical leaves and thick limbs that peppered the entire trunk right down to where it vanished into the ground. Never had anything like this grown in any forest back home...

The light faded from the forest as if a cloud had gone over the sun, but it reached that level of dimness and kept on growing darker. Kealie shivered and Eej wrapped a supplicating vine around her ankle before the darkness became complete.

As Kealie lowered her arm and allowed Eej to crawl up and cower on her shoulders, her mind raced in circles, sick with fright. What was this place? What magic shrouded it? 

Something thumped against her back. Yelping, she stumbled away and banged into another tree before realizing that those were, in fact, what they were. She sunk to the ground in fright, hardly noticing when little red lights faded into view around her.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"Then state your purpose." Hyron said slowly. "We do not take trespassing lightly here."

"I'm... well, recruiting, you could say."

Note: The above RP (me and Calano) is in Juun, not Orteo.

40 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAOof!"

If anybody had been there, they would have noticed that something could be clearly seen clinging to a branch of some tree. 

"...trouble this time! Why can't you be SENSIBLE once in a while? Eej, are you listening to me?"

Kealie huffed. Some people linked a wave. Others a tree. But no, of COURSE she'd picked a stupid, sloppy mess of vines instead of a glowing crystal or something with practical use that didn't sling you into a... onto a... where was she?

Kealie slowly made her way down the tree, pointedly not enlisting Eej's help, and soon stepped out of the bushlike tree.After brushing off her skirt, she walked around it and examined it, taking in the large spherical leaves and thick limbs that peppered the entire trunk right down to where it vanished into the ground. Never had anything like this grown in any forest back home...

The light faded from the forest as if a cloud had gone over the sun, but it reached that level of dimness and kept on growing darker. Kealie shivered and Eej wrapped a supplicating vine around her ankle before the darkness became complete.

As Kealie lowered her arm and allowed Eej to crawl up and cower on her shoulders, her mind raced in circles, sick with fright. What was this place? What magic shrouded it? 

Something thumped against her back. Yelping, she stumbled away and banged into another tree before realizing that those were, in fact, what they were. She sunk to the ground in fright, hardly noticing when little red lights faded into view around her.

"Hello?" a voice called through the trees. "Is anyone there?"

I'm assuming for now that this is taking place in the forest of giant trees near Pietmed on Orteo.

8 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I'm... well, recruiting, you could say."

"Hello?" a voice called through the trees. "Is anyone there?"

No, it’s some sort of cursed forest. Still working out the details.

Kealie: lifts her head and jumps to her feet, hopeful but terrified “Yes? Is that a person?”

Spoiler

Hi I finally have time to make a character. If I messed up in any way or please tell me. This all looks very cool but I don't know what I'm doing.

Name: Quest

Race: Tre'Ketan

Gender/Pronons/Otherapplicablethingsthatgohere: He 

Magic: Basic manipulation of fire and life elements. Just minor stuff like a ball of fire, making a plant grow slightly faster, mild healing. His magic is broadly undefined and weak, though he still has creative applications for his magic.

Personality: He is fairly amiable but usually travels alone. He is very curious and likes to solve problems, though once he is focused on something he becomes absent minded. He is empathetic and caring, and tries to avoid confrontations. In most situations he will try to act as the peacemaker.

Backstory: Quest used to live a warlike tribe that conquered by destruction with fire magic. He was very unhappy here and tried to change things but left eventually. He wanted to change his magic to life magic, so that he could heal instead of harm. He left for the Orteo Chain to learn life magic and was eventually able to grasp the basics. Now he is traveling, trying to grow his magic and cultivate the world. (There is a lot more personal details, but this is what Quest would share with you if you asked him)

Other: Quest's arms are covered in tattos, jagged red lines that are overlayed with flowing green branches. He carries a walking stick that still is growing leaves  and he wears a worn, moss colored cloak. His weathered face is framed by cracked rim glasses and he carries a leather satchel with his notes and herbs.

Quest squatted down by the bush, ignoring the mud that he was now kneeling in. Excitedly he open his satchel and riffled through, coming out with his notebook. He flipped through it while inspected the shrub. 

"Hmmm, how would I classify this." he muttered. After comparing it to leave sketches in his books he started jotting down notes. Long straight leaves with berries on the vine. Berries are a red, no a dark violet color. He paused. "Are they poisonous?" he thought aloud, and then ate a handful of berries. He waited a moment, listening to the bird calls. No immediate effect when eating berries, tho-

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAOof!"

Startled, he looked around and in the process of doing so dropping his notebook. Seeing nothing, he concluded it must have been the wind. Quest went to pick up his fallen notebook when he realized that the wind doesn't scream or sound like a women, at least usually. Forlornly, looking at the bush he got up, putting away his notebook. 

Carefully, he walked forward through the woods towards the disturbance. Even though he wasn't technically trespassing, he kept a careful eye on his surroundings. Anyone could have claim over this woods. He had been aware of this the whole time, Quest just hadn't had a reason to care until now.

Peeking around a tree he saw girl with a vine on her shoulder, and wait, the plant seemed to be alive. She was on the ground facing away from him. Reassured Quest watched, waiting to see what she did. This was much more interesting than the berries.

Edited by Mr. Misting

7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Terakor looked up. And up. And up.

"Tall, aren't they?" remarked his compatriot, his armor jingling as he rode up besides Terakor. "Hard to believe they aren't magical."

"What?" Terakor twisted in the saddle to face Anikel, trying to tell if his friend was joking. "Surely there has to be some magic involved. Trees don't get that tall."

"These ones do." The silver-clad knight slipped off his horse and laid a hand on one of the massive trunks. "Takes them centuries to do it. Shame, really, that we're cuttin' em down."

Terakor furrowed his brow, looking upwards once more. "What, all of them? Surely just one of these would be enough to supply Pietmed for a year!"

Anikel laughed uproariously. "Not even close, felo. Not even close." Still chuckling, he began to pull long metal rods out of his saddlebag. "But we aren't chopping em for the wood. We're chopping em for what's underneath them."  He laid one rod, made of iron, against the ground. After a moment, it began to vibrate slightly. "See? That means there's iron here. Not much, and" -  he bent down until his ear was almost touching the rod - "not very close to the surface, either. But there will be other veins, including one of a... particularly valuable material." His fingers brushed over rods of gold and silver, coming to rest on a pair of reddish-tinted metal cylinders. He pulled them out, handing one to Terakor. "Here. Start searching."

@The Wandering Wizard

Annamus walks through the forest, listening to the creatures of the forest. His armor rests a familiar weight on his shoulder, covering him, yet a piece of him. 

Absentmindedly crunching on a Coriont, the forest wind breathes a smell on Annamus, a scent of men, sweat, and metal. Annamus freezes, memories flashing through his mind, memories of a night where his home burned, of being shoved quickly out of the treetops by his parents, scrambling away armor having saved him, blending in with the forest floor. Never again, never, observe I must observe. Of course you must. Annamus follows the scent and the vibrations from the metal. 

He'd appear as a hulking form in the distance as the armor is rather bulky, but provides much better protection then normal steel armor, and some animal traits, but he's slower and more likely to scare them off then fight them.

@xinoehp512

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Imma make two characters and join both storylines at the same time.

Spoiler

Name: Vance

Race: Half-Strikari, Half-Vexlin (Kinatar)

Gender/Pronons/Otherapplicablethingsthatgohere: He/Him

Magic: Intavation and Essence

Personality: Somewhat impulsive and irrational. Often speaks without thinking first. In tense situations he often fireballs first and asks questions later, but he's by no means cruel or intentionally unfair to others.

Backstory: Haven't decided yet. 

Description: A little short (and unhappy about it), with bright red hair and dark black eyes.

Other: Fights with two enchanted blades that he received from his father, named Li and Hano.

Spoiler

Name: Quendi

Race: Mostly Strikari, but with a somewhat distant Draa ancestor

Gender/Pronons/Otherapplicablethingsthatgohere: She/Her

Magic: A scholar, researching as many as she can (primarily Soulcaging and Starmagic so far)

Personality: Incredibly straightforward and efficient, rarely wasting words or beating around the bush. She can keep a level head in just about any situation. This makes her a bit emotionally unavailable, though.

Backstory: Haven't decided yet.

Description: Decently tall, with green eyes and half-silvery, half-black hair. She has small bits of plumage here and there as vestigial feathers from her Draa ancestry.

Other: Carries around a quarterstaff to defend herself.

Lyras stood at the deck of the ship, watching the sun rise.

The salty sea air filled his nostrils, and a faint spray from the moving ship misted his face. The morning was chilly, but his blue traveling robes and cloak served to keep him warm.

"We'll be arriving in less than an hour," Captain Trekov said as he walked up next to Lyras. He was human, and wore a simple sailor's outfit indistinguishable from his crew's; the only distinctive feature was a purple sash tied across his shoulder. Many of the people Lyras had met since he left Asteri had been wary of him: His distinctive dark blue skin with it's speckled white pinpricks and his glowing eyes had drawn attention to him. Stellari didn't travel often, so when they did, it caused a stir.

Trekov and his crew had treated him kindly, and while Lyras occasionally caught them staring at him, he didn't mind. They weren't rude; simply curious, and he had been happy to answer their multitude of questions.

Lyras smiled and nodded. "Thank you, captain. Your hospitality and kindness has been greatly appreciated."

Trekov grunted, but Lyras could see a hint of a smile cross his gruff bearded face. "Of course. You're a paying passenger! We wouldn't treat you any different."

Lyras smiled again. "Even so, you have my thanks."

Trekov smiled a little more fully then.

"You should probably go gather your things," he said. "We're stopping in the port town of Cavelin, where you'll take a road north to Alverton, the biggest city on this island. If you want to head to Orteo, you'll need to book another ship's passage."

Lyras nodded.

"Oh, and watch out for thieves. They're common on the docs, and what with your valuable traveling equipment, you'll seem ripe for the picking. Watch yourself."

Lyras smiled and expressed his thanks once again, then went to his room below decks to gather his pack and equipment.

He'd soon land in the Orteo Chain. And he could hardly wait to see what he would find next.

If someone wants to make a character in a similar location to mine, that would work so I have someone to interact with. Lyras is landing in a smaller city (not on the map) in the southern portion of the island southeast of Orteo, and is heading toward the city of Alverton (which is on the map).

Edited by The Bookwyrm

Name: Fiadh

Race: Kukonandi

Gender/Pronons/Otherapplicablethingsthatgohere: Female

Magic: She could probably use Ocumeritation but if she ever does she doesn't realize it.

Personality: Sassy little girl. Acts like she hates everyone even if she doesn't. ESPECIALLY if she doesn't. Fear of attachment. Street smart.

Backstory: Parents went on a trip when she was a little girl and left her with her grandparents who were happy to take care of her for a little while. While on the trip they were shipwrecked and disappeared (died). Fiadh was left in her grandparents care. They didn't want to take care of her long term and were abusive and quite mean until they died a few years later. Fiadh went to living on the streets at about eight years old and is now twelve and quite good at picking pockets and blending in although the whole merging with random items has been very very annoying.

Other: She keeps a couple of knives on her that she knows how to use and is not afraid to use. She tends to stay around ports because she still has a little hope that her parents will come back but that hope fades a little more every time a ship comes into port.

3 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAOof!"

Can I drop someone in here?

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Terakor looked up. And up. And up.

"Tall, aren't they?" remarked his compatriot, his armor jingling as he rode up besides Terakor. "Hard to believe they aren't magical."

"What?" Terakor twisted in the saddle to face Anikel, trying to tell if his friend was joking. "Surely there has to be some magic involved. Trees don't get that tall."

"These ones do." The silver-clad knight slipped off his horse and laid a hand on one of the massive trunks. "Takes them centuries to do it. Shame, really, that we're cuttin' em down."

Terakor furrowed his brow, looking upwards once more. "What, all of them? Surely just one of these would be enough to supply Pietmed for a year!"

Anikel laughed uproariously. "Not even close, felo. Not even close." Still chuckling, he began to pull long metal rods out of his saddlebag. "But we aren't chopping em for the wood. We're chopping em for what's underneath them."  He laid one rod, made of iron, against the ground. After a moment, it began to vibrate slightly. "See? That means there's iron here. Not much, and" -  he bent down until his ear was almost touching the rod - "not very close to the surface, either. But there will be other veins, including one of a... particularly valuable material." His fingers brushed over rods of gold and silver, coming to rest on a pair of reddish-tinted metal cylinders. He pulled them out, handing one to Terakor. "Here. Start searching."

@The Wandering Wizard

Xino, do you mind if I join your character here?

2 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Hide contents

Hi I finally have time to make a character. If I messed up in any way or please tell me. This all looks very cool but I don't know what I'm doing.

Name: Quest

Race: Human

Gender/Pronons/Otherapplicablethingsthatgohere: He 

Magic: Basic manipulation of fire and light elements. Just minor stuff like a ball of fire, making a plant grow slightly faster, mild healing. His magic is broadly undefined and weak, though he still has creative applications for his magic.

Personality: He is fairly amiable but usually travels alone. He is very curious and likes to solve problems, though once he is focused on something he becomes absent minded. He is empathetic and caring, and tries to avoid confrontations. In most situations he will try to act as the peacemaker.

Backstory: Quest used to live a warlike tribe that conquered by destruction with fire magic. He was very unhappy here and tried to change things but left eventually. He wanted to change his magic to life magic, so that he could heal instead of harm. He left for the Orteo Chain to learn life magic and was eventually able to grasp the basics. Now he is traveling, trying to grow his magic and cultivate the world. (There is a lot more personal details, but this is what Quest would share with you if you asked him)

Other: Quest's arms are covered in tattos, jagged red lines that are overlayed with flowing green branches. He carries a walking stick that still is growing leaves  and he wears a worn, moss colored cloak. His weathered face is framed by cracked rim glasses and he carries a leather satchel with his notes and herbs.

Quest squatted down by the bush, ignoring the mud that he was now kneeling in. Excitedly he open his satchel and riffled through, coming out with his notebook. He flipped through it while inspected the shrub. 

"Hmmm, how would I classify this." he muttered. After comparing it to leave sketches in his books he started jotting down notes. Long straight leaves with berries on the vine. Berries are a red, no a dark violet color. He paused. "Are they poisonous?" he thought aloud, and then ate a handful of berries. He waited a moment, listening to the bird calls. No immediate effect when eating berries, tho-

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAOof!"

Startled, he looked around and in the process of doing so dropping his notebook. Seeing nothing, he concluded it must have been the wind. Quest went to pick up his fallen notebook when he realized that the wind doesn't scream or sound like a women, at least usually. Forlornly, looking at the bush he got up, putting away his notebook. 

Carefully, he walked forward through the woods towards the disturbance. Even though he wasn't technically trespassing, he kept a careful eye on his surroundings. Anyone could have claim over this woods. He had been aware of this the whole time, Quest just hadn't had a reason to care until now.

Peeking around a tree he saw girl with a vine on her shoulder, and wait, the plant seemed to be alive. She was on the ground facing away from him. Reassured Quest watched, waiting to see what she did. This was much more interesting than the berries.

Kealie felt something from Eej—a warning. She bolted upright, on her feet instantly, looked around, and called, “Who’s there?”

42 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Lyras stood at the deck of the ship, watching the sun rise.

The salty sea air filled his nostrils, and a faint spray from the moving ship misted his face. The morning was chilly, but his blue traveling robes and cloak served to keep him warm.

"We'll be arriving in less than an hour," Captain Trekov said as he walked up next to Lyras. He was human, and wore a simple sailor's outfit indistinguishable from his crew's; the only distinctive feature was a purple sash tied across his shoulder. Many of the people Lyras had met since he left Asteri had been wary of him: His distinctive dark blue skin with it's speckled white pinpricks and his glowing eyes had drawn attention to him. Stellasti didn't travel often, so when they did, it caused a stir.

Trekov and his crew had treated him kindly, and while Lyras occasionally caught them staring at him, he didn't mind. They weren't rude; simply curious, and he had been happy to answer their multitude of questions.

Lyras smiled and nodded. "Thank you, captain. Your hospitality and kindness has been greatly appreciated."

Trekov grunted, but Lyras could see a hint of a smile cross his gruff bearded face. "Of course. You're a paying passenger! We wouldn't treat you any different."

Lyras smiled again. "Even so, you have my thanks."

Trekov smiled a little more fully then.

"You should probably go gather your things," he said. "We're stopping in the port town of Cavelin, where you'll take a road north to Alverton, the biggest city on this island. If you want to head to Orteo, you'll need to book another ship's passage."

Lyras nodded.

"Oh, and watch out for thieves. They're common on the docs, and what with your valuable traveling equipment, you'll seem ripe for the picking. Watch yourself."

Lyras smiled and expressed his thanks once again, then went to his room below decks to gather his pack and equipment.

He'd soon land in the Orteo Chain. And he could hardly wait to see what he would find next.

I don’t know much about this character. I’ll figure out as I go along, and probably post a character template later. But for now, I give you Nayka. Let’s say… short brown hair, dark black eyes, doesn’t like loud noise.

Nayka dashed through the streets, heading for Orteo’s docks. If only there were some ship… any ship, as long as it was leaving.

She clutched her bundle closer, acutely aware of its sharp edge poking her skin. Before long, the yelling would start… and she’d be done for.

If only there were a ship…

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Kealie felt something from Eej—a warning. She bolted upright, on her feet instantly, looked around, and called, “Who’s there?”

49 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Hmm, she probably noticed me. I should practice sneaking more often. He walked forward facing the girl.

"Hello, was that loud scream you?  Also what type of plant is your vine?" Quest said, while beginning to pull out his notebook.

Edited by Mr. Misting

If someone wants to make a character in a similar location to mine, that would work so I have someone to interact with. Lyras is landing in a smaller city (not on the map) in the southern portion of the island southeast of Orteo, and is heading toward the city of Alverton (which is on the map).

[I feel like this is a good place to introduce my character (since she's traveling too) so here we go ^^]

Whist was so, so, glad she could finally get off of the boat. It had only been a couple days from Shak Tu to the small port of Cavelin, but It felt like it had taken forever. Its not that Whist hated boats, she didn't even really get sea sick that much.

It was just the thousands of things that could go wrong on a boat that bothered her. It was, in her opinion, far to risky. What if she fell in? What if for some reason, she forgot how to swim? What if someone else fell in and she couldn't help them because she had somehow forgotten how to swim? What if something lurking in the water tried to eat the boat and she couldn't save anyone and she couldn't save herself because she had somehow forgotten how to swim? What if-

"Are you getin' off my boat or not lass?" Captian Lisken asked, suddenly pulling Whist out of her thoughts. 

"Ah! ahaha . . . ha . . . yes of course!" she replied, hastily stepping off the gangway. "Sorry I seemed to have lost myself to my head again, if you know what I mean." She shifted awkwardly under Lisken's gaze, trying her best not to seem any more of an idiot.

"That head of yours is going to get you into more trouble, then save you from it, if you don't mind me sayin'." He waved for her to move on, dismissing her without a goodbye. Its not like they were friends, but it still felt discourteous to Whist.

She began walking along the large wooden dock, studying the barnacles growing on the sides, and trying not to make eye contact with strangers. She was far from a lost child, but that didn't stop her from feeling like one. This was the first island she had ever been too that wasn't her home, and it couldn't have been more different. It seemed rougher to her, with its unkept streets and loose structure. Shak Tu had always been very clean and well kept despite its governors lack of attention. Back home, things had been so organized and-

Suddenly, she realized she hadn't been watching were she was going. Lost in her thoughts again! 

Whist looked up just in time to see she was on a collision course with a rather large metal flag pole.

She crashed into it, unable to stop herself in time.

Idiot! Whist thought to herself as she fell backward and hit the wooden dock with a thump. She really needed to focus more on  . . . focusing on stuff.

She glanced around the area to make sure no one noticed. To her dismay she spotted an odd looking young man standing on the docks several yards away. His skin looked like the night sky . . .

Despite the small distance she saw his eyes widen slightly in shock.

Flushing in embarrassment, she picked herself up and hurried down the Boardwalk.

[@The Bookwyrm, I realize that I've skipped a few hours in this plot, I hope thats okay]

Edited by justice_magician

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

Hmm, she probably noticed me. I should practice sneaking more often.

"Hello, was that loud scream you?  Also what type of plant is your vine?" Quest said, while beginning to pull out his notebook.

Kealie: “You’re friendly, then?” Still, Kealie ordered Eej silently. She wasn’t sure how much she wanted him to know about her—and she was feeling oddly protective of Eej, considering he’d just slingshotted her off of her island. “These are my… shawl vines.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Kealie: “You’re friendly, then?” Still, Kealie ordered Eej silently. She wasn’t sure how much she wanted him to know about her—and she was feeling oddly protective of Eej, considering he’d just slingshotted her off of her island. “These are my… shawl vines.”

"Hmmmmmm" he said, looking at the vines for a weird amount of time. The silence grew heavy but Quest didn't notice. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Oh umm, sorry, yes. I'm mean yes I'm friendly. Sorry I just thought I saw your plant moving." Quest finally broke eye contact with the vine that he swore was swaying oddly.

"Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Quest. Who are you?"

“I’m Kealie. Nice to meet you. Where do you come from?”

Be back on tomorrow evening