On 2/20/2023 at 7:25 PM, NerdyAarakocra said:

"Play along for now. We can move once we know more."

"Right," Whist said. 

They continued on along the path for a while, still not stopping. The sun began to fall in the sky, evening was coming.

The soldiers armor clinked as they walked and obviously they weren't very pleased about the non-stop travel. It was easy to understand, half plate was heavy and it was a warm evening. A few grumbled as they walked but they mostly stayed silent, like they were scared of Grace hearing even though she was in the carriage. 

Muriel rode on behind them, emotionless and stiff.

17 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

"Right," Whist said. 

They continued on along the path for a while, still not stopping. The sun began to fall in the sky, evening was coming.

The soldiers armor clinked as they walked and obviously they weren't very pleased about the non-stop travel. It was easy to understand, half plate was heavy and it was a warm evening. A few grumbled as they walked but they mostly stayed silent, like they were scared of Grace hearing even though she was in the carriage. 

Muriel rode on behind them, emotionless and stiff.

As they walked Fiadh started to get grumpy. "How much longer?"

On 2/22/2023 at 11:54 AM, InfiniteInsanity said:

As they walked Fiadh started to get grumpy. "How much longer?"

"I'm . . . I'm not sure," Whist admitted, "She could have us stop around dinner time to make up for missing the midday break . . . but I dunno, this is Grace we're talking about."

3 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

"I'm . . . I'm not sure," Whist admitted, "She could have us stop around dinner time to make up for missing the midday break . . . but I dunno, this is Grace we're talking about."

"Most likely she's just doing a forced march." MeSaan looked around, antennae waving.

"Also, she did say that she has some way of controlling her guards. Why do I find that concerning?"

14 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"So you know this Grace?"

"I'll admit I have heard of her before making this trip, I guess I just didn't realize she'd be so severe," Whist said, "I've dealt with self intitled rich people in the past, so I assumed that's all she'd be, clearly I was wrong."

14 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

"Most likely she's just doing a forced march." MeSaan looked around, antennae waving.

"Also, she did say that she has some way of controlling her guards. Why do I find that concerning?"

"There is certainly something off about her . . . is it possible all shes doing is threatening them?" Whist asked.

1 hour ago, Justice_Magician said:

"I'll admit I have heard of her before making this trip, I guess I just didn't realize she'd be so severe," Whist said, "I've dealt with self intitled rich people in the past, so I assumed that's all she'd be, clearly I was wrong."

"There is certainly something off about her . . . is it possible all shes doing is threatening them?" Whist asked.

22 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

"With what?"

"Or maybe they know that without her they won't have the same power and authority? Most mean people like power and authority. Its almost like they're addicted."

On 3/1/2023 at 10:03 AM, NerdyAarakocra said:

"With what?"

On 3/1/2023 at 10:27 AM, InfiniteInsanity said:

"Or maybe they know that without her they won't have the same power and authority? Most mean people like power and authority. Its almost like they're addicted."

"That could be it . . ." Whist mused, "But if they were drunk on authority, I think they would be a little less timid."

@InfiniteInsanity @NerdyAarakocra @Shallan Stormblessed 

Edited by Justice_Magician

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

"Maybe they just don't care about being nice at all," Sahala piped up.

"I suppose that could be it, perhaps we're simply thinking to hard" Whist said. She was starting to get tired from a full day of walking, and had to pull more energy from the sun. 

Speaking of the sun, it was starting to sink  in the sky. Grace would have to stop sometime soon, her soldiers would need to rest. 

"If we're going to make an escape plan, we have to make it now," she suggested, "I could use my Star Magic to make some sort of illusory distraction, but that will only work while the sun is up," Whist glanced at the sky again, there wasn't much time left for that idea.

@NerdyAarakocra @InfiniteInsanity @Tani

40 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

"I suppose that could be it, perhaps we're simply thinking to hard" Whist said. She was starting to get tired from a full day of walking, and had to pull more energy from the sun. 

Speaking of the sun, it was starting to sink  in the sky. Grace would have to stop sometime soon, her soldiers would need to rest. 

"If we're going to make an escape plan, we have to make it now," she suggested, "I could use my Star Magic to make some sort of illusory distraction, but that will only work while the sun is up," Whist glanced at the sky again, there wasn't much time left for that idea.

@NerdyAarakocra @InfiniteInsanity @Tani

"Blast them with lightning and run away?"

On 3/16/2023 at 3:02 PM, NerdyAarakocra said:

"Blast them with lightning and run away?"

"I . . . I not really sure if that would work," Whist replied, "I certainly don't think could create lightning."

6 hours ago, Tani said:

"As far as I know, they're taking us to the city we want to go to, right? So we can wait until we get there and I can portal us away from her."

"That sounds pretty solid, how big can you make the portal? Would we all fit or would we need to go one at a time?" Whist asked, "How far do you think the portal can get us?"

There was a shout from Grace's carriage and it slowed to a stop. The large party moved onto a flat grassy area beside the road, It seemed they were finally stopping for the night.

Muriel hopped down from her horse and yelled at a few of the nearby soldiers to come over.

"am going to speak with Lady Grace, you are going to stay here," she said, addressing Whist and company. Then she turned to the soldiers she had called over, "If you let them out of your sight I will make sure you become well acquainted with the consequences," her voice was almost as emotionless as her face. The closest soldier nodded, real fear in his eyes. 

And with that she was gone, and they were somehow both alone and completely surrounded at the same time.

@InfiniteInsanity @Shallan Stormblessed

2 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

"I . . . I not really sure if that would work," Whist replied, "I certainly don't think could create lightning."

"That sounds pretty solid, how big can you make the portal? Would we all fit or would we need to go one at a time?" Whist asked, "How far do you think the portal can get us?"

There was a shout from Grace's carriage and it slowed to a stop. The large party moved onto a flat grassy area beside the road, It seemed they were finally stopping for the night.

Muriel hopped down from her horse and yelled at a few of the nearby soldiers to come over.

"am going to speak with Lady Grace, you are going to stay here," she said, addressing Whist and company. Then she turned to the soldiers she had called over, "If you let them out of your sight I will make sure you become well acquainted with the consequences," her voice was almost as emotionless as her face. The closest soldier nodded, real fear in his eyes. 

And with that she was gone, and they were somehow both alone and completely surrounded at the same time.

@InfiniteInsanity @Shallan Stormblessed

"So they are scared of her." Fiadh watched the soldiers faces. "Maybe she's torturing them." Her eyes widened. "Should we be really scared?"

11 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"So they are scared of her." Fiadh watched the soldiers faces. "Maybe she's torturing them." Her eyes widened. "Should we be really scared?"

Whist put her hand on Fiadh's shoulder. "We'll be alright, even if we can't escape, she'll only take us to the local law enforcement, and I'm sure they'll be far more reasonable."

She glanced at the guards around them, they seemed almost as uncomfortable as she did.

16 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

Lenne leaned over to whisper to Whist. "I can make it right under our feet, big enough for all of us, and take us probably a couple streets away. You street smart folk will have to get us out from there. Pick an alley as we pass it, and I'll wait a couple streets and drop us right into it. We can be gone before anyone blinks."

9 hours ago, Tani said:

Lenne leaned over to whisper to Whist. "I can make it right under our feet, big enough for all of us, and take us probably a couple streets away. You street smart folk will have to get us out from there. Pick an alley as we pass it, and I'll wait a couple streets and drop us right into it. We can be gone before anyone blinks."

"Seems like a plan. We'll need a diversion, though. Something to send them in the wrong direction."

On 3/21/2023 at 5:50 AM, Tani said:

On 3/21/2023 at 3:34 PM, NerdyAarakocra said:

"Seems like a plan. We'll need a diversion, though. Something to send them in the wrong direction."

"I could make an illusion or possibly a fire of some sort, but that requires sunlight, if Grace decides to enter the city before dawn I wouldn't be able to do it."

1 hour ago, Justice_Magician said:

"I could make an illusion or possibly a fire of some sort, but that requires sunlight, if Grace decides to enter the city before dawn I wouldn't be able to do it."

"If we go in after dark, is there anyone else who could create a diversion?" Lenne looks around at the others.

There are horses pulling the carriage, right? It's been so long I don't remember sorry

"I spos I kd do smth_ wth portls 2 ms wth th krrj, lik stel_ a hors or trp_ t or mak_ a hol 4 th krrj 2 gt stk n. Im nt zr hw hlpfl tht wd B."

On 3/24/2023 at 11:22 AM, Tani said:

"If we go in after dark, is there anyone else who could create a diversion?" Lenne looks around at the others.

"I spos I kd do smth_ wth portls 2 ms wth th krrj, lik stel_ a hors or trp_ t or mak_ a hol 4 th krrj 2 gt stk n. Im nt zr hw hlpfl tht wd B."

@NerdyAarakocra @Shallan Stormblessed @InfiniteInsanity

The soldiers began settling down as they spoke. Many started putting up a very large and obnoxious pink tent that Grace was probably going to stay in. Muriel directed their work, sending some to get wood for a fire, and others to start making some kind of soup for dinner. The guards watching them settled down on the ground, and causally started whispering, but Whist couldn't make out what they were saying. The guards eyes never left them.

There are horses pulling the carriage, right? It's been so long I don't remember sorry

Around 30 armored men walked beside a large, fanciful carriage. It was painted bright pink and flaunted small crystals danging from it on gold chains. It seemed stupid, to Whist, as the crystals could easily be stolen. Then again, the carriage's passenger was obviously rich enough to replace them frequently. The carriage was pulled by two, magnificent white horses; it looked like something straight out of a children's story book.

I went and found the description: so yeah, horses- Muriel also has her own horse

• 8 months later...

Hi hello, I'm back I guess. Guys, I'm sorry I left last year without warning. That was pretty lame of me. 

Even though this RPG seems terribly dead (sorry), I would enjoy having Miyako keep stabbing stuff. And not not be awkward around certain Hwindi.

Xino and Calano, you're both still on the Shard, would you want to reboot our thread? 

And Fadran and Arcitecht, we could also try to pick up the Murder bunny thread. But Halcyon also seems pretty long gone, and Fadran has been off for a sec. And I really had no idea where I was taking the witch Arcaene plot. 

On 2/22/2023 at 1:18 PM, Ookla The Storyteller said:

Hyron turned to Miyako.

"How does this work?"

@Mr. Misting

Miyako grabbed a bowl and threw it at Hyron. "Pasta. Sauce." Miyako pointed, while miming dumping copious amounts of one onto the other. "Eat. I'll tell ya, best food in every sea I've sailed so far. Better then whatever leafy dross you're raised on." 

Miyako picked up her bowl of pasta, and started shoveling it into her mouth. So, ya all got a plan for what we're gonna do, or we just going keep getting thrown 'round by the princess? She said mentally to Hyron and Yerik, trying to focus as the strange voice had taught her. 

@Ookla the Reborn @Ookla The Storyteller @Ookla the Abstract @Channelknight Fadran @The Halcyon Girl

Edited by Mr. Misting

11 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako grabbed a bowl and threw it at Hyron. "Pasta. Sauce." Miyako pointed, while miming dumping copious amounts of one onto the other. "Eat. I'll tell ya, best food in every sea I've sailed so far. Better then whatever leafy dross you're raised on." 

Miyako picked up her bowl of pasta, and started shoveling it into her mouth. So, ya all got a plan for what we're gonna do, or we just going keep getting thrown 'round by the princess? She said mentally to Hyron and Yerik, trying to focus as the strange voice had taught her. 

@Ookla the Reborn @Ookla The Storyteller @Ookla the Abstract @Channelknight Fadran @The Halcyon Girl

Woah, hi. Certainly been a while since anything happened over here. Hmm... I don't know. We could go for something else if the witch plot is a dead end

20 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Just a heads up, Fadran isn't around anymore. I will regretfully admit that I had something to do with it