26 members have voted

1. 1. World Shape???

• Tetrahedron???
    • Octahedron???
    • Dodecahedron???
    • Isodecahedron???
    • C u b e ? ? ?
    • I hate all of these options.

I have decided that the new Sharder generation doesn't RP enough.

Back in my day, RPing was all the rage. You take your favorite characters and put them in situations untold, taking so many turns that not even you can keep up! Put simply, it was great practice for writing characters, dialogue, and development. Some are better at it than others, but everybody got a chance to learn from it regardless.

And yet now nobody's interested! You all post little writing snippets or cute doodles into the Creative Corner; and then you mooch off of my NovelAI membership to watch your kingdom try and fail to get anything done. Frankly, I think everyone here needs a decent storybuilding refresher.

So here's my foolproof plan:

Get the new Sharder generation to develop the RP alongside us older folks. Nobody can pass up a decent exucse to do some worldbuilding; and once you're completely invested in it, you'll be morally obligated to join!

It's genius!

Now get to it.

Some Updates:

We got to it.

Here is the Super Doc of Lore

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Come to the clinic, it's considerably less complex than other ones and it is really easy to join.

But it's so chaotic... I'm scared.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed
Adding quote

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

COOL I WANNA JOIN TOO CUZ RPING IS FUN! ILL BE GOOD THIS TIME, I PROMISE!

1 minute ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

DONT BE SCARED IS GONNA BE SO FUN! ILL GOVE YOU A WOLF TO PROTECT YOU FROM ANY CHAOS. HERE YOU GO. A WOLF! JUST FOR YOU!

Just now, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Any RP that has already started is going to be chaotic to outsiders, if you join us, it will make more sense, all you have to do is appear in the clinic as yourself looking for treatment for brandofandomitis.

Okay, now that I’ve switched to my non insane author self:

Ahem. *slips on glasses* I have a crazy suggestion. We could have a world where sound is currency somehow. Maybe people can trap certain sounds inside glass or something, so that people can listen to their currency whenever. Some people can trap taxi horns (if they have taxis) or their own voice saying a phrase… we could have Manipulators who can take a sound and replicate it—for example, take a sample of a person’s voice and change it to say something else. They might be feared, maybe, because they can frame people, or sought after to do different things. Dunno.

Another idea is a world where there’s this huge river that flows in a big circle, and there’s a town/city that floats on said river, and the river’s circuit is long enough that it takes an entire year to get back to a certain point along the river. 

We could have a world with a bunch of constantly feuding tribes. 

More ideas as they come!

—Kassy (author name)

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

Here're some Ideas of Fadran (TM) from the void:

• Magic Castles (need to exist more)
  • Potted Plant Wizards
  • Etherea (an aura-based magic system like from HxH - ask for more details)
  • Steampunk train pirates
  • That one D&D campaign I did that never took off (everyone is effectively immortal because when you die you're reincarnated into an undead - the coolness of said undead is directly proportional to what kind of person you were in your previous life)
  • Soulcatchers (Magic is fueled by souls that people go out and capture)
  • Absolutely gigantic forest
  • SPAAAAAAAAAAACE (except it's just magically-sealed airtight flying castles and people still use swords and stuff)
  • Something like pokemon (or aspects of it, at least; having capturable beings of power)
  • All of the above, in its entirety

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I beg to differ. Hard magic systems are easier to hook onto.

...Fair. But it should be simple hard magic.

As for worldbuilding ideas...

Uh...

I'm trying to think of one that I haven't already set aside for one personally written story or another.

(Hey, @InfiniteInsanity, do you want to join this chaos?)

Hard magic....

Ooh!

This is an idea, feel free to shoot it down. There are three types of Starmages: Solar, Lunar, and Stellar. They each draw their strength from different sources: Solmages from the Sun (or suns, or nearby stars) Lunamages from the moon (or planet, or any reflected starlight on a celestial body) and Stellamages from distant stars (or light from any deep space objects.)

I was going to use this for a book, but it's kind of becoming obsolete, so...we can use it here. If people want.

This could fit a high fantasy or sci-fi/high fantasy setting.

What do starmages do? Uh....let me get back to you on that. Or just decide for yourself.

A good old high fantasy sounds really nice. Maybe we decide on a sci-fi thing too, but I really want to do some medieval era fantasy. So,

The essences, luax, that of light, fire, and spirit, kinatar, that of movement, time, and strength, arid, that of rock, steel, and all physical things, and savvour, that of life, from the smallest worm to the greatest mage. 

Anyone can utilize the essences, we do it naturally absorbing the power from what we eat. With some training and effort, one can make a fire, or melt a piece of ice. Simple things. To do more, one must be a mage, whose blood and soul are bonded to the essences. A mage, depending on his strength, may be bonded to one essence (and therefore having typical power in the rest), or many. A luax mage can create great fireballs, lighten dark places, and turn things to dust. A kinatar mage can leap over trees, slow time, and become twice as strong as any man. An arid mage can shatter rocks, shape metal, and even turn things into other things. A savvour mage can shapeshift, control animals, and influence the emotions of humans.