Did Raoden peer into the Cognitive Realm?

JustQuestin2004

Question

When Raoden had a flashback to when he was young, he broke his leg and got an infection then went to Elantris to be healed. It as said he was dying at the time. He also seemed to see the Dor for what it was, looking past the Aon that healed him and see the storm of polarized Investiture that was trying to leak out through the Aon itself.

Did Raoden, while young and near-death, briefly peer into the Cognitive Realm and see a glimpse of the Dor as it is?

I say this because we have some proof that when you die or are nearly dead, you can see into the CR.

There's a Death Rattle that may not actually be a Death Rattle that's about someone seeing a Cryptic in the Cognitive Realm as they were killed.

Edited by JustQuestin2004

2 answers to this question

I think you are onto something there. It almost certainly needed the Aon present for it to happen (I dont think he was capable just for being injured), and it's likely that the nature of the Healing Aon specifically was causing some trans-realmic Connections.

But a lot of the realmics of the Cosmere werent even worked out at the time of writing Elantris, so it wouldnt have been spelled out as clearly as we get in more recent stories.  

5 hours ago, Quantus said:

I think you are onto something there. It almost certainly needed the Aon present for it to happen (I dont think he was capable just for being injured), and it's likely that the nature of the Healing Aon specifically was causing some trans-realmic Connections.

But a lot of the realmics of the Cosmere werent even worked out at the time of writing Elantris, so it wouldnt have been spelled out as clearly as we get in more recent stories.  

And perhaps the fact that Raoden was born 'Closer to the Dor' might have been another factor.

So overall if it weren't for Raoden doing a dumb kid thing, Elantris would have been screwed.