Harry Potter style Kaladin logo idea

S. Stormy

So you know how there's that Harry Potter logo with the lightning scar and the glasses?

I know there are lots of talented people on here, so I thought that someone who's better at graphic design than I am should do a version of that for Kaladin with his brands and some, like, glowy eyes, or something. I tried, and it didn't work very well. So if someone else, more talented than I, could do that, it'd be really cool.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed
Fixing weird tags

• 2 months later...

So I decided to sit down and do this cause it sounded fun- and I really like the concept.

I realized that it may be coming out weird because by including eyes in the design, that implies the existence of a face we can't see, and by adding the scars, we know he has a forehead (bear with me here), so I think the presence of a forehead and eyes (+ the rest of the implied face) looks a little weird without eyebrows. I think the Harry Potter logo manages without eyebrows because it only shows glasses and a lightning bolt, which can be interpreted as 2 inanimate objects/symbols not necessarily a face (also glasses often cover eyebrows on the face, and glasses frame the eyes nicely the way eyebrows do so it kinda works without eyebrows even with the context of being on a face but anyway). 

Basically that rant (featuring my extremely small knowledge of graphic design) was to say: I added eyebrows. I do realize, this is a bit different from your original vision, and it makes it less similar to the Harry Potter logo, so I included a version without eyebrows. But I have to say I like the one with eyebrows more.

(also a glowy for fun!!)

Edit: I apologize for my files being huge

KS 1 real.jpg

KS 3.jpg

KS 2.jpg

Edited by Justice_Magician

Oooh yay! That's super awesome, it looks sooo cool! Can I make it my profile picture @Justice_Magician?

Also, it's probably harder because Kaladin has a lot more scars than Harry.

Harry's just got a little scratch, but Kal's got glyphs burned into his forehead.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

11 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Oooh yay! That's super awesome, it looks sooo cool! Can I make it my profile picture @Justice_Magician?

Also, it's probably harder because Kaladin has a lot more scars than Harry.

Harry's just got a little scratch, but Kal's got glyphs burned into his forehead.

Thank you! I'm glad you like it!! You can definitely use it as your profile pic, I don't mind. 

• 1 month later...