Em’s random creations!

EmTheElsecaller

So I was considering making an art thread, but my drawings are so bad and don’t really merit their own thread. So I thought, considering I also do a lot of writing *and could maybe post some recordings of me playing flute if anyones interested* why not make a dump thread?
… this is just a place to put all my stuff for people to look at on the off-chance that people actually want to look at the messes that I come up with.

To start, here is a random drawing I did when I really should have been listening to my chemistry teacher lol. My friend suggested it, apparently she’s from a TV show called All of Us Are Dead (I’ve never watched it, he just told me what she looked like.)

also yes, I did do it with a bic 4 colour pen, and yes, I did copy one of @Mystic Syn’s drawings for the clothes so all credit there, I hope you don’t mind…

Constructive criticism please?

Spoiler

DE3CB294-3618-4698-910C-807C0179E506.jpeg.4bd6adccfc3789e766af765c0075bf84.jpeg

idk why it went sideways, sorry bout that

Edited by EmTheElsecaller

Do it again a few hundred times!

More seriously, jaw seems to be bending in on one side, and the sleeves kinda look pushed up but don't look much like actual folds.

Points to you for drawing in pen, way more annoying than erasable media. 

Good shading on the arms, they definitely look 3D. 

The hair is good, but the eyes might be too big. 

12 hours ago, EmTheElsecaller said:

and yes, I did copy one of @Mystic Syn’s drawings for the clothes so all credit there, I hope you don’t mind…

It’s not called “copying”; it’s “referencing,” which you are fine to do :)) I dunno which one you referenced, so ima trust you on this one.

It looks good! The jaw is a wee bit uneven on the right side. Maybe make it a bit more round? Nothing like practice can do to help :)) Either than that, look great.

Keep practicing, and don’t forget to allow yourself to have fun as you do it!

Thanks for the replies!

2 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

It’s not called “copying”; it’s “referencing,” which you are fine to do :)) I dunno which one you referenced, so ima trust you on this one.

Ok that’s good because it was really useful!

2 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

The jaw is a wee bit uneven on the right side. Maybe make it a bit more round? Nothing like practice can do to help :)) Either than that, look great.

Yeah I see that looking back now, face shapes is one of the main things that I always struggle with. I’ll definitely keep practicing :) 

14 hours ago, Luckspren said:

the sleeves kinda look pushed up but don't look much like actual folds.

I intended to only do a little bit of folds, as if they were pushed up really high, but I realised I’d drawn the rest of the arm in green pen so I tried to turn them into more folds - as you spotted, it didn’t really work lol but I’ll keep practicing until I get it. 

Practice seems to be the general consensus for the best way to get better at art so I will keep at it!