Alloy of Law Typo list

Cuaiir

Not sure if that is an error or not, but what is the deal with being able to push on the metals piercing the body "With difficulty?" Are they stronger Allomantically than before, or is that just an unfortunate turn of phrase?

Not sure if this is a typo or if it is an example of limited in-world knowledge.

Italics are added to emphasize the problem.

First in Chapter 2:

Did they use a speed bubble, like Wayne makes? Waxillium thought. But no. You couldn’t move in or out of a speed bubble once one was up, and it would be impossible to make one large enough to facilitate this kind of robbery. So far as he knew, at least.

Then in Chapter 9:

The wood crunched, then burst, exploding downward. Waxillium dropped out of Wayne’s bubble of speed and hit real time, the shift jostling him.

If Peter could clarify this that would be great - It could be fairly important to theories.

Edited by discipleofhoid

Not sure if this is a typo or if it is an example of limited in-world knowledge.

Italics are added to emphasize the problem.

First in Chapter 2:

Then in Chapter 9:

If Peter could clarify this that would be great - It could be fairly important to theories.

With this quote from the "Allomantic Space Travel" thread we can probably consider if confirmed:

At the signing I asked Brandon to personalize the book with a suggestion for a unique or rare effect that could be achieved with a metal. He signed

Watch for what happens when something leaves a bendalloy bubble.

He then laughed and said "That won't make any sense for 10 books"

This leads me to believe that this might be related to the FTL travel.

Edited by Catalyst21

With this quote from the "Allomantic Space Travel" thread we can probably consider if confirmed:

The in book quote is only referring to people not objects. It is quite clear in the books that objects can pass through the time bubble. And the hint in my book from Brandon says something not someone.

So the real question here is can people pass through the edge of a time bubble.

I have the Kindle edition. This is at location 5259:

Bless you, Ranette, Wax thought, leaping up and Pushing off the coins in a fallen Vanisher's pocket.

Earlier, Miles had ordered Push and Pull to use Allomancy to make sure all of his men were free of any metal. Now, this may well not be an error; it could easily be that Push and Pull blew off the order, or it could be that the Vanisher stuck coins in his pocket after the sweep. But I figured I'd make sure it was done on purpose, and not on accident.

The only other error I found has already been reported. Congrats to Peter and anyone else who proofread the book on a job very well done!

**SPOILER WARNING**

I was confused by this line when Marasi was talking about being a Pulser (page 152 in the Nook ebook):

"Speeding up time... that is amazing. But what can one do with slowing it down, and only for myself?"

Yet later on she is able to create a bubble that includes two other people. Does anyone have any insight on this?

I think she's saying that her bubble includes herself, as opposed to the entire world. It's not the clearest choice of words, but I don't think it implies that her power only works with herself.

Her power definitely does not include *only* her. We actually see it in action later, and the fact that it acts exactly like a speed bubble, but the other direction, is made very clear. She probably just misspoke, or perhaps simply assumed that nobody else would want to be included.

And I agree, this bit of dialogue definitely telegraphed that her power would be useful at the end of the book. Of course, I wasn't completely certain how...

I'm not totally sure what Wax meant when he said that.

I think the best explanation is that Wayne dropped the bubble as they neared the bottom.

**SPOILER WARNING**

I was confused by this line when Marasi was talking about being a Pulser (page 152 in the Nook ebook):

"Speeding up time... that is amazing. But what can one do with slowing it down, and only for myself?"

Yet later on she is able to create a bubble that includes two other people. Does anyone have any insight on this?

I think that what she means is that she can't project the bubble. If she could exclude herself from the bubble, it would be amazingly useful for a variety of things. But since it has to be centered around her, she can't take advantage of the slowed time by herself.

Edited by Sir_Read-a-Lot

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Kindle edition. This is at location 5259:

Earlier, Miles had ordered Push and Pull to use Allomancy to make sure all of his men were free of any metal. Now, this may well not be an error; it could easily be that Push and Pull blew off the order, or it could be that the Vanisher stuck coins in his pocket after the sweep. But I figured I'd make sure it was done on purpose, and not on accident.

The only other error I found has already been reported. Congrats to Peter and anyone else who proofread the book on a job very well done!

It was my impression that the Vanisher in question was the recently deceased Push, who, as a Coinshot, most likely exempted himself from the "no metal" requirement.

P.S. I thought I had a unique typo when I started this post, then realized it was just intentionally poor in-character grammar when I looked it up to quote.

Edited by Kurkistan

• 1 month later...

Okay all, if there are any other errors to report, I need them within the next 21 hours or so. It's already time for us to make fixes for the mass market paperback.

EDIT: OK, here are the changes I sent in.

page#¶paragraph# old text >> new text

p118¶11 “Sixteen, I think,” Wax said distractedly. >> “Sixteen, I think,” Waxillium said distractedly.

p135¶8 shoot the building up, they way their boss >> shoot the building up, the way their boss

p195¶9 slowing it down, and only for myself? >> slowing it down, and having to include myself?

p202¶12 burn some chromium, and poof, >> burn some cadmium, and poof,

p202¶213 Chromium burns way more >> Cadmium burns way more

p247¶3 The robberies been become a major >> The robberies had become a major

p266¶7 while he'd protected him. Now they loved him while he stole from him. >> while he'd protected them. Now they loved him while he stole from them.

p328¶BRONZE Seeker Mistings burn brass to >> Seeker Mistings burn bronze to

p329¶COPPER and which shields nearby individuals from the effects >> and which shields the Smoker from the effects

Edited by PeterAhlstrom

• 6 months later...

While this is not the correct thread, I didn't find the proper one for Final Empire and it doesn't seem to warrant a new thread so there it is:

Mistborn Final Empire softcover p. 226: "Kell's fine," Breeze said.

I'm sure that's Dockson, Breeze isn't there. However this may or may not be too late to report that.

• 1 year later...