Just Discovered Dall-E 2

I guess these AI image generators have been around for a while, but I only just learned about them. I tried to make an image of a Windrunner and they came out pretty cool. I figured I would share them here since this is the most likely group to enjoy them.

https://imgur.com/gallery/B166xyA

I attached my favorite one of the bunch.

DALL·E 2022-10-01 16.08.25 - warrior in glowing blue carapace armor with cape, 4k, high fantasy, trending in artstation, oil on steel.png

edit: it occurred to me right after I clicked the post button that there is probably a forum specifically for this. Sorry for posting in the wrong spot.

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident

9 hours ago, Frustration said:

That head is oddly reminiscent of greatshells.

That's why it was my favorite of the batch.

edit: I played around with that image a bit more in Stable Diffusion and wanted to share the coolest one IMO. I've been doing nothing but generating images all weekend... send help.

00217-4157771444.png

4 hours ago, Returned said:

That looks great! What text did you feed into the generator to make it?

The original was "warrior in glowing blue carapace armor with cape, 4k, high fantasy, trending in artstation, oil on steel" in DALL E 2

For the second one I used "style of Michael Whelan" in Stable Diffusion locally installed. I turned the noise down a ton and turned up the sampling in the img2img section.

For those that don't know, Michael Whelan is an excellent fantasy and scifi artist who does lots of illustrating for Brandon's (and many others) books.

edit: Technically wrong forum, but I assume this will get moved at some point. Mistborn Era 4?

00900-1088061613-male figure from behind, style of michael whelan.jpeg

Added picture

5 hours ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

The original was "warrior in glowing blue carapace armor with cape, 4k, high fantasy, trending in artstation, oil on steel" in DALL E 2

For the second one I used "style of Michael Whelan" in Stable Diffusion locally installed. I turned the noise down a ton and turned up the sampling in the img2img section.

Thank you so much! I've been terrible at using DALL-E so far, and I really want to be able to make good images for my tabletop games. I've already made some cool ones after learning from your inputs.

2 hours ago, Returned said:

Thank you so much! I've been terrible at using DALL-E so far, and I really want to be able to make good images for my tabletop games. I've already made some cool ones after learning from your inputs.

I watched a few videos of people making images and just paused it whenever they had their prompts up on the screen. I was able to get a general sense of what to use from that. Something cool I've been playing with is prompting multiple artist at the same time. The other thing I've started doing is making a general image of what I want, then using the img2img feature to make changes to it. The mistborn picture I made started as "female figure tattered cloak trailing behind, city at night in background, dark, black, goth, detailed, 4k, trending on artstation". Then I sent it to img2img and ran it with the prompt "tendrils" twice. That gave me the mistborn look on the cloak. Then I just played around with artists and styles until I found one I liked. The things to look out for when doing img2img stuff is the CFG and denoising. The lower the denoising, the less the image changes. The higher the CFG the more times it will sample the text prompt to make changes.

I'll add the image that I started with for the mistborn picture bellow so you can see how drastically different they are.

00091-687204402-female figure tattered cloak trailing behind, city at night in background, dark, black, goth, detailed, 4k, trending on artstati.png

BTW, if you don't have a ton of money to waste on DALL E, you can install Stable Diffusion on your PC and make unlimited images for FREE. It took me like an hour to install using a youtube video. You need a PC that can handle decent settings on a video game in order to run it, no coal powered fossils sadly.

I also just finished a few more pics.

Link: https://imgur.com/gallery/hGhvl2v

added not