Mid-Range Game 60: Overexposure

Archer

4 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Welcome back! Unfortunately I’m stuck being too impartial to give you a proper welcome, but I’m sure someone else will take care of that for me :P.

Speaking of:

6 hours ago, Mark IV said:

I'll join as Mark. Been a long time since I did one of these. Phew

Welcome person I do not know and have not met before.

7 hours ago, Mark IV said:

I'll join as Mark. Been a long time since I did one of these. Phew

It’s been so long welcome back!!! I was hoping to play but I’m probably going to be traveling the exact day this game starts >>

Also I was so so sure Snapshot was not Reckoners canonically 

56 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Welcome back! Unfortunately I’m stuck being too impartial to give you a proper welcome, but I’m sure someone else will take care of that for me :P.

Ah, no problem. I'm sure playing the MR will be welcome enough :D

51 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Welcome person I do not know and have not met before.

Thank you, person I do not know and have not met before. :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

It’s been so long welcome back!!! I was hoping to play but I’m probably going to be traveling the exact day this game starts >>

Eh, there's always next time. ;)

Let's see if I still remember the old tricks.

Mark

Was it brackets or was it <>?

<color=#1111dd> Mark </color>

Wasn't there a preview post function? 

Spoiler

I guess this is what the eye icon is.

Help, I don't remember how to remove this on phone :o

1 hour ago, Mark IV said:

Ah, no problem. I'm sure playing the MR will be welcome enough :D

Thank you, person I do not know and have not met before. :ph34r:

Eh, there's always next time. ;)

Let's see if I still remember the old tricks.

Mark

Was it brackets or was it <>?

<color=#1111dd> Mark </color>

Wasn't there a preview post function? 

Reveal hidden contents

I guess this is what the eye icon is.

Help, I don't remember how to remove this on phone :o

Now we just have colored text, which is the underlined A with an arrow in the corner. There is no longer a preview, but the only thing you need BBCode for is strikethrough, alignment, and size,  which are [ S ] [ / s ], [ Center/Right/Left ] [ / Center/Right/Left, and [ Size = +# ] [ / size ] respectively. 

Spoiler

The eye icon (spoiler) can be removed by going on the line below and backspacing twice. If that doesn't work, then you are cursed and are never going to get rid of it.

Edited by The Unknown Novel

3 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

If it becomes relevant, how's your availability to be a pinch hitter? 

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

It’s not according to the Coppermind, though it was originally intended to be an alternate universe there.

I'd forgotten about all that. This error will be patched by the opening writeup. 

7 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

It’s not according to the Coppermind, though it was originally intended to be an alternate universe there.

Ohh cool that’s interesting didn’t know that

6 hours ago, Archer said:

If it becomes relevant, how's your availability to be a pinch hitter? 

I'd forgotten about all that. This error will be patched by the opening writeup. 

I should probably be able to pinch hit, yeah 

Attention players: this game will be delayed by one day.

It was originally announced that the game would begin on (Saturday) October 8th. This was a mistake on my part as I had intended to start on (Sunday) October 9th. I am correcting that error now, and apologize for the mistake. Signups will still close on October 8th at 10am EST, but the game will not begin until 10am EST on October 9th. You may receive your GM PM before then, but you may not begin PMing, doc discussions, or posting until the thread is posted. 

Again, the game will now begin when the first Cycle is posted, at 10am EST on October 9th.

Edit: signups are closed

Edited by Archer

MR60 Cycle One: Zoom In

“We’re being sued by God?”

“God’s lawyers, technically. He has yet to appear in court.”

“For what?”

“In protest of our proposed merger.”

“What’s He claiming as damages? You can’t create or destroy matter, so even after we combine these universes, His total holdings will go from all of everything to the same amount of everything. It’ll just be moved around a little.”

“He’s arguing that we’re jeopardizing his future earnings. Our realms were divided so their movie rights could be optioned individually.”

“So what’s our play here?”

“We could probably argue that as His creation, the judge is biased.”

“Why haven’t you done that?”

“Technically He’s allowed to file in any area where either you or He resides, which is anywhere. Our only break is that out of all of infinity, He elected to charge us in a convenient jurisdiction. We need to win this here, Hannah.”

“You have a plan, don’t you.”

“Insanity defence. Specifically, you achieve immunity by saying you are a fictional character.”

“Is that even a real thing?”

“The Complainant has written texts that mention the syndrome explicitly, which should be enough to work with.”

“All it takes is for me to say I’m not real?”

“More than that. You have to believe it. You have to be it. A fictional person, in a fictional world. Our combined universe, fully realized! You’ll get to experience it first-hand. You can even keep writing if you want.”

“If that’s what it takes. I’ll do it.”

newspaper.jpg.8b4654ddd6bd49488e94e2b3ba0e780d.jpg

Moe Larr has been killed by the Polaroid Gang! He was an NPC, but he’s still worth avenging!

Welcome to MR60! I'm your GM, and Araris is our IM. 

PMs are open (with restrictions), there’s no vote minimum, and ties are broken by RNG. Please vote for the Public Reckoning in bolded red, and unvote in bolded green.

Remember to submit your actions before rollover, which will be between 4:00pm EST and 8:00pm EST on October 11th

Everyone should have received their GM PMs by now, so please tell me if you haven’t. The player list is:

Spoiler

1. Matrim's Dice as Marty Meeker, who holds a top column job despite having never lurnd to spel

2. The Wandering Wizard, as Jimmie Hesler, a journalist who ends up writing about cats instead of important events

3. The Unknown Novel as Ethan "Echo" Elmer, a reporter with the Epic power to project his mind to hear and see anywhere he wishes

4. Illwei as an uncredited ghostwriter. (No relation to Wilim)

5. Shining Silhouette as Sil, the illiterate exec who's really good at getting people to do their jobs. (Likely Marty's employer)

6. Tani as Wilim, the actual ghost who lives in the printer

7. Conquestor as Tommy, Son of Gun!

8. Xinoehp512 as Gun

9. JNV as Jenny Wise a new reporter trying to get a big score

10. Dannnex as Peter Parker

11. Mark IV as Mark

12. Devotary of Spontaneity as as investigative journalist Earring, hoping to quell the wave of spurious arrests that the simulator encourages

Lastly, here's the link to the rules document: MR60 Rules. Clarifications will be compiled there. 

Let the fun begin!

That is a amazing writeup.

I'm not going to make the same mistake as last time Mat..

-‐-------------------------------------------------------

Jimmie decided to take a walk in the park. After all, they're just normal people like us. This may be the best place to find them and finally not write about cats. Something furry brushes against his leg. Rust it all, that cat will follow me anywhere. Might as well avoid the claw marks this time. And so Jimmie pets the black cat getting distracted once again.

regarding the killer’s identities, rumors have spread regarding the involvement of peter parker.

dang, assigned sus by writeup.

uuhhh

MAT. haha! sword vote! it’s back! 

look at this, he’s so suspicious. needing a “rules refresher”, utterly ridiculous. anyway i probably won’t be super active for a while, gotta reread the rules to make sure i remember everything. 

Peter Parker sighed as he took the bus home. It was tough, ya know? Keeping a secret from his friends and family. But it was worth it. He had to protect them. 

@dannnnnnex What's a sword vote?

Also, my thoughts on pms is that they should be used strategically. I'm assuming that most pms won't get more than 2-3 messages per cycle. (Depending on the amount of pms each person has and how much they want to use those roles in that given cycle.) I will probably be at the lower end of pm messaging, I usually am anyways, but I will reach out if I think it's necessary and will respond to any pms given. 

As for the coins... That will be an interesting sub game. I'm curious about whether it'll be highly desired and useful, or just something extra and fun. 

============================

Tommy peeked around the corner again. His target was definitely there. He took out his camera quickly before his target could take the young blond from his car into the hotel. He snapped some quick pics, 23 to be exact, and moved to follow. He needed so many pictures because you never know which one will be best! He wasn't the best camera man but he was dang good at following a story. 

He moved into the hotel as his target went up the stairs. He took of his fedora and moved over to the stairs. He heard the door to the third level close and ran up the stairs to it. He quietly opened the door and searched up and down both hallways. "There!" Tommy thought to himself. He snapped some more pics of the two of the heading into the room. Ding! Ding! Ding! The steps below him rang out and he decided that he would rather not get caught snooping again. 

He put his camera away and walked out of the hotel. He was heading back to his apartment so he could sort through the pictures and take the best ones to work in the morning. He would then write out the story, if he's lucky, it might even get the front page! 

Edited by Conquestor

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

From what I understand, it's a poke vote with teeth, meant to observe a reaction from said player and others.

That’s a stab vote. 

Here’s the progression:

Poke vote: A c1 vote meant to get a player to say something, rarely lasts the whole cycle.

Stab vote: A poke vote but violent and it lasts longer. A c1 vote that intentionally stays on that player, no matter what. A sorta meta protest thing against various c1 things. 

Sword vote: A stab vote but even more violent and it lasts even longer. Stab vote the same person that you stab voted in the previous game’s c1! 

There’s also chainsaw vote where you just vote TJ and nobody else ever but that kinda breaks the progression.

7 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

*narrows eyes*

Danex

While the ‘sword vote’ is anti-village as a principle (basing something on a previous game is virtually random, and cutting off the possibility of changing that vote is a bad way to do progression) I also don’t think I’m immediately suspicious of dannex for doing so— I know he’s done it before. Though I don’t remember what alignment he was when he did that. I’ll check later.

In response to dannex— Needing a rules refresher is NAI and I say that all the time because it’s true all the time :P. Reads like he’s trying to justify an unjustifiable vote which I guess should be elim indicative but I still don’t really read that as e!dannex.

33 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Needing a rules refresher is NAI and I say that all the time because it’s true all the time :P. Reads like he’s trying to justify an unjustifiable vote which I guess should be elim indicative but I still don’t really read that as e!dannex

did you read the sentence immediately following when i said that