Oldest Child Club

Ranryu

On 10/11/2022 at 8:22 PM, Ranryu said:

Strange things siblings do are a valued subject!

Hello! Oldest of four here.

Strange things my siblings do:

Respond to being called random foods, Pickle, Banana, rutabaga, kumquat, etc.

Will not let you talk about anything related to the fish, the ocean, or any sea creature during a meal. If you do they burst into tears and refuse to eat. 

Insist on having nachos for multiple meals, sometimes they just have straight up cheese. 

Put plastic spiders in random places to scare me and the rest of my family (It never works)

Listen to audiobooks (Super loudly and only from the harry potter series) to fall asleep. 

Constantly talk about electronics (Zelda, mario, minecraft, etc.)

Refuse to flush the toilet during the night (Since it's too loud and will summon the demons)

Believe in the Bed Time Fairy and Babysitter Fairy as well as the tooth fairy.

Try to get photo evidence of Santa and the Easter bunny every year. (My parents have to find and delete footage from 10-30 cameras every year.)

Try to eat (Or eat) the wax on the outside of the Babybel cheese.

Eat playdough (It tastes salty and salt is good -my sister)

Runs off after dinner and hides with the nintendo switch thinking they're being sneaky when really every one knows what they're doing.

Cuts the hair off of dolls

Draws mustaches on people in the middle of the night

Puts our kittens in shoes because it's cute

Would rather wear a bathing suit than normal clothes

refuses to wear socks and underwear

Dumps water on our kittens because they look cute when they're wet

Has to bring several toys everywhere, and almost always leaves some behind

Must play electronics for at least two hours a day, if they don't fill the quota because they're doing something else, like playing with friends, they're super upset. 

I hope you all enjoy this list of strange things my siblings do! Out of curiosity, how weird would you say they are in comparison to your siblings?

16 minutes ago, FlowerGirl said:

Will not let you talk about anything related to the fish, the ocean, or any sea creature during a meal. If you do they burst into tears and refuse to eat. 

Insist on having nachos for multiple meals, sometimes they just have straight up cheese. 

Put plastic spiders in random places to scare me and the rest of my family (It never works)

Listen to audiobooks (Super loudly and only from the harry potter series) to fall asleep. 

Refuse to flush the toilet during the night (Since it's too loud and will summon the demons)

Try to get photo evidence of Santa and the Easter bunny every year. (My parents have to find and delete footage from 10-30 cameras every year.)

Runs off after dinner and hides with the nintendo switch thinking they're being sneaky when really every one knows what they're doing.

Must play electronics for at least two hours a day, if they don't fill the quota because they're doing something else, like playing with friends, they're super upset. 

I hope you all enjoy this list of strange things my siblings do! Out of curiosity, how weird would you say they are in comparison to your siblings?

Honestly, compared to some of the things I've heard and experienced, that seems pretty normal. You will fit right in this place.

44 minutes ago, FlowerGirl said:

Out of curiosity, how weird would you say they are in comparison to your siblings?

It sounds like my siblings would get along with your siblings, although it seems like mine are a bit more violent/monster truck obsessed. My brother is deathly afraid of our old broken down roomba, but he insists on turning it on and watching it bang into our furniture.

7 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

It sounds like my siblings would get along with your siblings, although it seems like mine are a bit more violent/monster truck obsessed. My brother is deathly afraid of our old broken down roomba, but he insists on turning it on and watching it bang into our furniture.

Can I ask why he's afraid of the roomba? Just curious. :D

3 minutes ago, FlowerGirl said:

Can I ask why he's afraid of the roomba? Just curious. :D

Back before he could walk, his (slightly) older brother messed with the roomba and ended up breaking it so it can't actually vacuum anything. To prevent similar things from happening in the future, I may have... told him that the roomba is a monster bent on sucking him up. Two years later, he still believes it. He also is convinced that jumping on the couch is worthy of the death penalty. 

I'm an excellent big sister. :lol:

57 minutes ago, FlowerGirl said:

This is hilarious. I got a bit scared because a few of those near the top describe one of my friends:ph34r: but based on all of the others it's definitely not. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Back before he could walk, his (slightly) older brother messed with the roomba and ended up breaking it so it can't actually vacuum anything. To prevent similar things from happening in the future, I may have... told him that the roomba is a monster bent on sucking him up. Two years later, he still believes it. He also is convinced that jumping on the couch is worthy of the death penalty. 

I'm an excellent big sister. :lol:

Your poor little brother. I've convinced mine that demons will come after him if he wakes me up early. (The only demon is me when I'm woken up) :D

41 minutes ago, Morningtide said:

This is hilarious. I got a bit scared because a few of those near the top describe one of my friends:ph34r: but based on all of the others it's definitely not. :lol:

Lol, I doubt any of my siblings friends are on the shard. :lol: My siblings and their friends are all a little young for online chatting and Brandon's series (Aside from Alcatraz) so I'd be surprised if any of them are on the shard.

53 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Does anyone elses siblings get exponentially crazier the closer it gets to their bedtime?

Mine do, and it gets worse the longer they stay up. If they stay up past their bed time than it's a million times worse. (Running around like maniacs, biting, kicking, tears, general chaos, late night cravings for nachos, etc.)

What would your siblings? What chaos ensues as their bedtime approaches? 

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Does anyone elses siblings get exponentially crazier the closer it gets to their bedtime?

Yup. My siblings go from falling asleep on their feet to crazy, "watch me jump over a pile of my monster trucks and onto my brother" mode. They also like getting our Alexa to play weird music at maximum volume at 11:00 pm.

Oldest of 5 here. You may know my siblings, Condensation and Vapor. 

4 younger siblings can be a lot at times, but I love my siblings. And it helps a bit that I've moved out now. Little less crazy, more good times and talking. 

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Rabbit Unmade said:

And we talk about Communist Hat Gods and stolen souls. We are much better!!!

I'm not sure if I would call that 'better' or 'psychotic younger sibling behavior'. Oh wait... I lied... I do know which of those I would call it. GUESS

Edited by Cinnamon
I just read that and it seems rude, I didn't mean it to be rude, sorry :(

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Unmade said:

It's because we're young. We have a much better imagination.

Um rabbit, I am pretty sure I am younger than you. As for the other part of your comment I shall not deign to respond. *hurrumph*

Haly: The swords argument is PATHETIC i think I own more swords than you!!!

(this is a joke btw sorry if it seems mean)

Edited by Cinnamon

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Um rabbit, I am pretty sure I am younger than you. As for the other part of your comment I shall not deign to respond. *hurrumph*

Haly: The swords argument is PATHETIC i think I own more swords than you!!!

(this is a joke btw sorry if it seems mean)

(Nah I always joke)

Well… I have an imaginary sword called Soulfrayer. So there. ;) 

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

(Nah I always joke)

Well… I have an imaginary sword called Soulfrayer. So there. ;) Ha

ha! my imaginary sword is named Freya! and I have a real fake sword!

(seriously though our swords names are pretty similar, we should arrange for them to meet sometime!)

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

ha! my imaginary sword is named Freya! and I have a real fake sword!

(seriously though our swords names are pretty similar, we should arrange for them to meet sometime!)

Soulfrayer would LOVE that so much…

Oh but I forgot about my other imaginary sword, Oathforger. I’m probably scrapping that one though.