Oldest Child Club

Ranryu

One of my brothers is demonstrating how cool he is by licking his toy ambulance, and another is lecturing me on how leaving chicken nuggets in the back seat of the car is not a capital offense (although he doesn't know that term). Someone please tell me that my siblings aren't the only ones who do this.

14 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

One of my brothers is demonstrating how cool he is by licking his toy ambulance, and another is lecturing me on how leaving chicken nuggets in the back seat of the car is not a capital offense (although he doesn't know that term). Someone please tell me that my siblings aren't the only ones who do this.

My youngest sister refuses to be called anything but big girl (insert name here). You're not the only one with strange younger siblings.

My siblings are... unique. We can go with that.

One of my sisters used to say "PAUSE THE CAR! PAUSE THE CAR! I NEED TO GET BUCKLED" and another one when she was eighteen months old would say "DO IT SELF" and get buckled herself.

Also, side note, @The Wandering Wizard for some reason before you even posted here I knew you were an oldest sibling. You just give off that kind of vibe, I think.

40 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Also, side note, @The Wandering Wizard for some reason before you even posted here I knew you were an oldest sibling. You just give off that kind of vibe, I think.

It's probably has to do with me being a Windrunner and the fact that I can get very protective of people at times :P.

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

It's probably has to do with me being a Windrunner and the fact that I can get very protective of people at times :P.

I also see it

Also, my three year old sister got angry, so she decided the best course of action was to go pee in a box of plastic blocks. Like, WHY?!?!? Where was this decision made?

Edited by Morningtide

Due to a very messy family situation, kind of a crazy mom, and weird circumstances, I don't know how many siblings I have (I know that it's more than four) and I don't know if I'm the oldest or not. I'm only in contact with two of my younger siblings, and my mother doesn't really talk about any of them. Much fun indeed!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ranryu said:

Just a general question. I'm trying to discern how much more destructive my siblings are compared to average siblings.

Would you rent your younger siblings out as a small army if presented with the option? Would they enjoy that?

I feel like no

Theyre not quite that 

Your siblings are (probably)…special

Wait....why have I not posted here yet?!

I am the oldest of six children. It's nice. I like it.

....It's also really annoying at times.

I'll probably occasionally use this thread to talk about the weird things my siblings do. (Including a 2 year old making dad jokes, baked apples that are actually knees, and some other things.)

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

You guys think your siblings are insane? You've never met my siblings (you haven't-).

Sorry, but there's no way your siblings are crazier than mine. :P Have you ever had a four year old lecture you on how it's not nice to murder people for leaving chicken nuggets in the back seat of the car?

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Wait....why have I not posted here yet?!

I am the oldest of six children. It's nice. I like it.

....It's also really annoying at times.

I'll probably occasionally use this thread to talk about the weird things my siblings do. (Including a 2 year old making dad jokes, baked apples that are actually knees, and some other things.)

Strange things siblings do are a valued subject!

36 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Sorry, but there's no way your siblings are crazier than mine. :P Have you ever had a four year old lecture you on how it's not nice to murder people for leaving chicken nuggets in the back seat of the car?

Strange things siblings do are a valued subject!

I love that you actually MERIT such a lecture XD

Thats why you’re awesome

6 hours ago, Rabbit Unmade said:

I meant the second to youngest kid in my family is a little... weird isn't the right word, loud maybe?

Rabbit 

Don’t make me laugh

Of COURSE they are—don’t worry, it’s healthy! Most of the time! It’s who they are. If it’s bad for them, then they’ll figure it out. I bet they’re fun to hang around tho.

So what if, asking for a friend…., you thought you were the oldest then found out in your 20’s you technically weren’t. And after a marriage you have two step-siblings that are older but one is disabled and the other never was really a sibling, 

I mean I feel that thinking you were the oldest for more then 20 years could qualify you for a sonority spot of some sorts. 

31 minutes ago, Rg2045 said:

So what if, asking for a friend…., you thought you were the oldest then found out in your 20’s you technically weren’t. And after a marriage you have two step-siblings that are older but one is disabled and the other never was really a sibling, 

I mean I feel that thinking you were the oldest for more then 20 years could qualify you for a sonority spot of some sorts. 

I think so, so long as your friend feels like the oldest sibling to their siblings, then Yes!