Is the Kandra that killed waxes uncle actually a voidbringer?

Darkeye Venev

So basically the kandra had red eyes, and I was talking to somebody and they mentioned odium and how he and autonomy were working together. So maybe if trell is a avatar of autonomy, then could odium send fused to help trell take over scadrial? If so, it would explain red eyes and the willingness to die.

Edited by Darkeye Venev
Forgot to tag it a spoiler

On 9/24/2022 at 3:53 PM, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

Red magic isn't indicative of odium necessarily, it means "corrupted investiture" investiture aligned with one shard that's been influenced by the intent/investiture of another.

Really I didn't know that is that a WoB or what? I always assumed that colors referred to the kind of "light" the investiture produced 

2 hours ago, JuanMoreShard said:

Really I didn't know that is that a WoB or what? I always assumed that colors referred to the kind of "light" the investiture produced 

I'm pretty sure it's said in WoBs somewhere. And that generally is what that means, it's just that the kind of light produced is Corrupted Investiture when it's red. Odium's light is more of a violet

1 hour ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

I'm pretty sure it's said in WoBs somewhere. And that generally is what that means, it's just that the kind of light produced is Corrupted Investiture when it's red. Odium's light is more of a violet

But weren't the Kandra's eyes glowing red? Kind of like a fused or a singer with a form of power. All of the Stormforms in WoR have red eyes and so do Lightweaver fused. Couldn't a Lightweaver Fused disguise as a Kandra pretty easily? Personally, I think it was Odium.

Edited by Rabbit Unmade

"Corrupted" in this sense doesn't necessarily mean evil, it means that the Investiture has been co-opted or externally altered: soulstamps on a living person emit red smoke because they're using an external influence to alter the person's spiritweb.

An Odium connection strikes me as unlikely because currently Odium's forces are trapped in the Rosharan System, and I don't think TLM will spoil Stormlight 5.