Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tamriel Wolfsbaine

Real Steel! Cosmere addition.

3 posts in this topic

The movie "Real Steel" pits large robots against eachother in supersized boxing matches.  I know we have the dueling arena in the cosmere and I am sure there are fight clubs on every planet... but...

What in the cosmere do you think you could set up for a fight club without needing to bloody up able bodied folks instead using constructs from the systems.  

I feel like lightweaving is probably the most obvious choice.  But not all illusion magic has substance behind it to make a physical impact.  

I am not a fan of necromancy and I think there would be a huge debate on the ethical issues behind making lifeless fight for sport but this is also a very viable option.  

Kalads phantoms are also a nobrainer and devastatingly OP in this context.

In the last fight of our movie example we see the protagonist shadow boxing with a giant robot having told it to watch him and do what he does.  

With this example in mind would awakening a set of clothing to hold a weapon and telling it to do what you do allow a similar situation?   You doing the fighting while never being in physical danger because in the ring is a suit of cloth slashing at the enemy for you.  

This question also has the added benefit of how to flavor a pseudo "echo knight" from d&d.  

Intricate fabrial mech-mimicry once Roshar invents the computer. Video game controls translate to fabrial movements in the real world. Game ends when one fabrial suit is no longer controllable in any significant way.

Scardial.
While it would require completely unethical mistborn, you could set something up like this using Koloss instead of robots and it depends if you think Koloss are able bodied sapients. Also, if the mistborn were competent enough, you might get huge robots controlled using steal pushes and iron pulls. In all reality though, their technology is most similar to ours, with electricity and such. It is probably only a matter of time till they build battlebots. I mean, we are already doing so... https://megabots.com/

You almost already have this on Roshar with dueling, so long as both opponents have shardplate and the loser is the one to first break a piece (not the to the death version).