Several possible starting settings: a group of islands out in a bay, a city in the sky, Javenaire, capital of a country that for now I’m calling Novia, a desert, a plain, forests, a basalt rock desert thing, various beaches, mountains, less advanced towns and cities to the south, forests, or a beautiful area surrounding a mountain full of warriors (nice ones). Go ahead and pick one, if you want, and I’ll get back to you when I can!

—Haly

p.s. My story ideas touch everything I do. So sorry if it gets annoying! If it does, just let me know!

46 minutes ago, TheHalcyonGirl said:

Several possible starting settings: a group of islands out in a bay, a city in the sky, Javenaire, capital of a country that for now I’m calling Novia, a desert, a plain, forests, a basalt rock desert thing, various beaches, mountains, less advanced towns and cities to the south, forests, or a beautiful area surrounding a mountain full of warriors (nice ones). Go ahead and pick one, if you want, and I’ll get back to you when I can!

—Haly

p.s. My story ideas touch everything I do. So sorry if it gets annoying! If it does, just let me know!

Bequeath unto us knowledge of thy world and we shall give thee aid.

59 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Methinks it should behoove you to provide additional worldbuilding information within the OP.

It probably would. But to tell everything bc would take AGES! I’ll try, though… 

Kay. So first, imagine a continent. In the north is Novia, which is full of magic races and beautiful architecture. Javenaire is the capitol. To the west, hugging the shoreline, is a large marshy area—under a magically reinforced cloud where all (Kay, MOST) of the Skyfolk live. For now, that’s Skyvale and the part under it is the Everbog. To the East, on the opposite end of the continent, is the archipelago where the Seafolk mostly live (no name for that yet, it’ll be the Archipelago.) There are more races, but nobody knows which forest the Treefolk live in and the Magefolk don’t have a set village… since the massacre, that is. They roam. 
Separating Novia from the Midcontinent is a large, thick mountain range that spans from just below the Archipelago to the west—just before the desert begins. The desert spans the coastline a ways, but for a couple tens of miles between it and the sea is a basalt desert, comprised of uneven pillars shaped like hexagons. For the first most of the way toward the sea, the average level of the pillars slopes gradually upward, and for the last five miles or so it slopes down steeply toward the sea, and then there’s a small black pebble beach. The rest of the beaches around the continent are normal sand, though. 
The middle of the continent is mostly plains, besides the desert and the canyons below the Archipelago bay. There are rivers and forests a little further south, and villages abound around that area. But then… then you hit a forest—a perfectly straight forest that if you avoid completely cuts off access to the south of the continent. That area below the forest is unmapped, because until recently there was an enchantment on the forest so that when you got to a certain point, you’d belong in our world. You’d have memories of being there and everything. That’s not important, cuz the enchantment is gone now. Below the forest is a huge mountain. HUGE mountain. It’s full of warriors who have trained since birth. They’re incredible. 
Also only the warriors refer to the world as Nayori. Everyone else calls it Nayo.
Anyway. That’s the basic stuff. Let me know where your character grew up (North, south, dropped into the world randomly) and I can tell you what else you need to know. And then you can explore! And find secrets! It’s gonna be fun—I hope. Haly—>Out.

40 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

...By worldbuilding I meant "what're the world's defining features?" I'm assuming it's a fantasy world? Is there magic? Nations? Decent excuses for overly complicated anime fight scenes? 

Not that geographical information isn't helpful, of course.

Yes, it’s fantasy, there are specific types of magic, mostly woven into the fabric of beings. There are two nations, but one nation (to the south) is sort of leaderless right now, having just shaken off an oppressing regime, and the other is to the south—Novia. There are subunits of Novia, seafolk and skyfolk. The treefolk are recognized as a subunit, but nobody knows where they are, and the Magefolk are no longer a subunit cuz most of them are dead. There’s another nation across the ocean… but only the Xairim and Dalyn Kakhe know about it… and the Skyfolk nobility, cuz they cheated. BUT NOBODY KNOWS THAT. And yes, I have good excuses for the anime-like scenes, but most of the ones I planned already happened where we are on the timeline. I’m giving you a world free of perils to explore… free of peril for now, that is. What else do you want to know? Also are you planning on role playing here?

Edited by TheHalcyonGirl

7 minutes ago, Rabbit Unmade said:

Okay, since I already knew about your world beforehand I‘ll start thinking up a character.

All right! Good luck having fun!

Once you’re ready, please post a description of your character, backstory, and where you want to start and you can begin! If there’s stuff you need to know for your backstory, I can pm it to you.

Edited by TheHalcyonGirl

4 hours ago, TheHalcyonGirl said:

Yes, it’s fantasy, there are specific types of magic, mostly woven into the fabric of beings. There are two nations, but one nation (to the south) is sort of leaderless right now, having just shaken off an oppressing regime, and the other is to the south—Novia.

Both to the south, huh?

4 hours ago, TheHalcyonGirl said:

There are subunits of Novia, seafolk and skyfolk. The treefolk are recognized as a subunit, but nobody knows where they are, and the Magefolk are no longer a subunit cuz most of them are dead. There’s another nation across the ocean… but only the Xairim and Dalyn Kakhe know about it… and the Skyfolk nobility, cuz they cheated. BUT NOBODY KNOWS THAT. 

So the things most people know about are....

• Seafolk
  • Skyfolk
  • Magefolk but not many are around

I could pick one of those (the third less likely).

It would appear that you're relatively new to the Roleplay subforum. I could provide some basic character templates and stuff if you need it. I'd be happy to join too.

6 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Both to the south, huh?

So the things most people know about are....

• Seafolk
  • Skyfolk
  • Magefolk but not many are around

I could pick one of those (the third less likely).

It would appear that you're relatively new to the Roleplay subforum. I could provide some basic character templates and stuff if you need it. I'd be happy to join too.

Oops no Novia’s to the north sorry XD

Yes you could be one of those or a human

And yes I would appreciate any help!

Here you go!

Spoiler

Name: Sunset

Appearance: I‘ll draw it in a sec

Personality: Bad at interacting with people, always wants to get her way, you‘ll find out more.

Other:

She‘s skyfolk

She dosen‘t live in Skyvale for unknown reasons

Edited by Rabbit Unmade

Just now, Rabbit Unmade said:

Sounds good.

You start on the stone-brick street. There’s shops, and houses down the road. A couple of people coexist in the town. What do you do? (Ex. Talk to random person, search for a shop, browse the shops, fly away)
gotta go for now, see you tomorrow!

Haly—>out

Name: Zephyr

Appearance: Dark grey wings that are deformed so she can't fly so much as glide, long black hair kept in a braid, olive skin, honey brown eyes, about 5'7". Likes to wear clothes with lots of pockets.

Personality: Quiet, but not shy. Very easily distracted, but can tend to obsess over things she finds cool. Doesn't really care about people, just wants to explore the world. Very curious, loves nature - especially the more extreme aspects of it. Averted to violence, but not incapable of quick thinking in dangerous situations.

Other: always carries a wooden xiao flute in a sheath on her back. She never plays it. If she was on Earth she'd probably be diagnosed with ADHD. Lives with her adopted skyfolk parents. Has mild claustrophobia. 

She‘s 1/2 skyfolk, mixed with an unknown race.