OoklaTheKaladinLover

I have been converted!!!

36 posts in this topic

HI!! I have recently been converted to Way of Kings!!! I'm friends with Shallan Stormblessed, and am actually the one from this thread... 

:lol: Loved the first book a ton, now starting on Words of Radiance!!! 

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the shard! 

Glad to have you here, just be warry of spoilers for other books here.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome! We're glad to have you here!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so happy!!!!! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s so good to see you here! I’m new too, but I think we’ll like it here… 

—Haly

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think so too!!!! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to know, what sorcery did they use to convince you? I am trying to get all my friends into the cosmere with mixed success (1 person has gotten through way of kings but has not finished WOD). Quite frustrating as I am trying to get them into it enough so I can talk about it with them, and well...maybe run the mistborn ttrpg.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! Great to have you here!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha!!! she just send me quote after quote after quote, constantly asking if i'd finished the sample yet. surprisingly, it worked. :lol:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You kept saying it was boring and you wouldn't read it, then I came to school one Monday, and you were Invested.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Shard!

Beware of spoilers, and please increase the number of books by him you've read. It's worth your time, trust me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, friend of S.S.

I am CalanoCorvus.

You would do well to fear me :)

I'll let the others explain.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Welcome, friend of S.S.

I am CalanoCorvus.

You would do well to fear me :)

I'll let the others explain.

Uhh, sir you summoned a sentient stone golem that destroyed your own people. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.

This is why you should fear me, 4eva.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the shard! And Corvus's stone monster is actually rather tame compared to what others have done.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I accidentally conquered Serenitas, but then lost both my kingdom and Serenitas. But hey, I got Aladdin on my side, so that's nice!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

I accidentally conquered Serenitas, but then lost both my kingdom and Serenitas. But hey, I got Aladdin on my side, so that's nice!

And I got the technology to create portals to other dimensions, all extracted by torture from a hivemind, of course. :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2022 at 10:28 PM, IheartKaladin4eva said:

HI!! I have recently been converted to Way of Kings!!! I'm friends with Shallan Stormblessed, and am actually the one from this thread... 

:lol: Loved the first book a ton, now starting on Words of Radiance!!! 

Welcome, and stay away until you've caught up.

Spoilers are thrown around here like, well, I'll just say food is thrown around in a monkey cage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/9/2022 at 3:49 PM, TheWanderer said:

I need to know, what sorcery did they use to convince you? I am trying to get all my friends into the cosmere with mixed success (1 person has gotten through way of kings but has not finished WOD). Quite frustrating as I am trying to get them into it enough so I can talk about it with them, and well...maybe run the mistborn ttrpg.

Hello, replying as a recent convert myself. Start with something a bit less daunting of his than WoK but still substantial like Mistborn so that your friends get a taste of Brandon’s writing, which should get them hooked. Then start talking about WoK, the Stormlight Archive and Brandon’s writing in general and just how great it is, so that they feel like their missing out on something then, present it to them again now that they are enlightened to the amazingness (it’s a real word of I say it is) of the Cosmere! 
 

if this doesn’t work maybe try getting new friends? ( also I have literally only been reading Brandon Sanderson for a month so I am not exactly an expert on matters such as this so perhaps it is not best to take my advice?) 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2022 at 7:58 PM, Cinnamon said:

Hello, replying as a recent convert myself. Start with something a bit less daunting of his than WoK but still substantial like Mistborn so that your friends get a taste of Brandon’s writing, which should get them hooked. Then start talking about WoK, the Stormlight Archive and Brandon’s writing in general and just how great it is, so that they feel like their missing out on something then, present it to them again now that they are enlightened to the amazingness (it’s a real word of I say it is) of the Cosmere! 
 

if this doesn’t work maybe try getting new friends? ( also I have literally only been reading Brandon Sanderson for a month so I am not exactly an expert on matters such as this so perhaps it is not best to take my advice?) 

I have tried, I recommended mistborn to two different people, still have got nowhere...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.