I have been converted!!!

IheartKaladin4eva

I need to know, what sorcery did they use to convince you? I am trying to get all my friends into the cosmere with mixed success (1 person has gotten through way of kings but has not finished WOD). Quite frustrating as I am trying to get them into it enough so I can talk about it with them, and well...maybe run the mistborn ttrpg.

25 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

I accidentally conquered Serenitas, but then lost both my kingdom and Serenitas. But hey, I got Aladdin on my side, so that's nice!

And I got the technology to create portals to other dimensions, all extracted by torture from a hivemind, of course. :P

On 9/20/2022 at 10:28 PM, IheartKaladin4eva said:

HI!! I have recently been converted to Way of Kings!!! I'm friends with Shallan Stormblessed, and am actually the one from this thread... 

:lol: Loved the first book a ton, now starting on Words of Radiance!!! 

Welcome, and stay away until you've caught up.

Spoilers are thrown around here like, well, I'll just say food is thrown around in a monkey cage.

On 21/9/2022 at 3:49 PM, TheWanderer said:

I need to know, what sorcery did they use to convince you? I am trying to get all my friends into the cosmere with mixed success (1 person has gotten through way of kings but has not finished WOD). Quite frustrating as I am trying to get them into it enough so I can talk about it with them, and well...maybe run the mistborn ttrpg.

Hello, replying as a recent convert myself. Start with something a bit less daunting of his than WoK but still substantial like Mistborn so that your friends get a taste of Brandon’s writing, which should get them hooked. Then start talking about WoK, the Stormlight Archive and Brandon’s writing in general and just how great it is, so that they feel like their missing out on something then, present it to them again now that they are enlightened to the amazingness (it’s a real word of I say it is) of the Cosmere! 

if this doesn’t work maybe try getting new friends? ( also I have literally only been reading Brandon Sanderson for a month so I am not exactly an expert on matters such as this so perhaps it is not best to take my advice?) 

On 9/22/2022 at 7:58 PM, Cinnamon said:

Hello, replying as a recent convert myself. Start with something a bit less daunting of his than WoK but still substantial like Mistborn so that your friends get a taste of Brandon’s writing, which should get them hooked. Then start talking about WoK, the Stormlight Archive and Brandon’s writing in general and just how great it is, so that they feel like their missing out on something then, present it to them again now that they are enlightened to the amazingness (it’s a real word of I say it is) of the Cosmere! 

if this doesn’t work maybe try getting new friends? ( also I have literally only been reading Brandon Sanderson for a month so I am not exactly an expert on matters such as this so perhaps it is not best to take my advice?) 

I have tried, I recommended mistborn to two different people, still have got nowhere...