SlugInTub

I need the LORE

10 posts in this topic

I read elantris and Emp soul a few times but never really got into the lore. I bet this is a problem the fandom could solve. 

I would ask of you an overview of the solar system and magic systems, and more details if I ask. Thanks.

Spoiler

Please notify if something like this exists and I will remove my post.

 

Edited by SlugInTub
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Broadly the Lore (at it's surface level) can be found at the Coppermind Wiki (link at the top of the page).  The Depths are the Arcanum collection of the Word of Brandon (the rest of the Lore from Q&A's and interviews and whatnot).  Both will contain significant spoilers to the other Cosmere works, so proceed with extreme caution until you read the rest of the works.  In particular Id recommend avoiding anything about Scadrial/Mistborn or Stormlight Archive, as it is pretty easy for them to spoil a few pretty awesome twists and surprise reveals and whatnot.  

For Elantris and Emeror's Soul, the planet in question is Sel:

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Sel

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Quantus said:

Broadly the Lore (at it's surface level) can be found at the Coppermind Wiki (link at the top of the page).  The Depths are the Arcanum collection of the Word of Brandon (the rest of the Lore from Q&A's and interviews and whatnot).  Both will contain significant spoilers to the other Cosmere works, so proceed with extreme caution until you read the rest of the works.  In particular Id recommend avoiding anything about Scadrial/Mistborn or Stormlight Archive, as it is pretty easy for them to spoil a few pretty awesome twists and surprise reveals and whatnot.  

For Elantris and Emeror's Soul, the planet in question is Sel:

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Sel

Thanks for the info, I have read all of his works except warbreaker mostly. But I do appreciate the warning. Also how do you delete posts? Im new and am starting to see that this would be useful.

Edited by SlugInTub
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SlugInTub said:

Also how do you delete posts? Im new and am starting to see that this would be useful.

Hi! You can't delete posts, but you can hide them. Below the words in your post, there's a button that says 'Options'. Click on that, press 'Hide', and only the mods will be able to see your post.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SlugInTub said:

Thanks for the info, I have read all of his works except warbreaker mostly. But I do appreciate the warning. Also how do you delete posts? Im new and am starting to see that this would be useful.

You might be able to delete a post if it has had no replies, or you can click on "report post" and in the description as a Mod to delete the post for you.

7 hours ago, SlugInTub said:

I would ask of you an overview of the solar system and magic systems, and more details if I ask

Did you have any specific questions?

 

Also, another technique (besides the Coppermind) is to go to the Arcanum to look at Words of Brandon (Compilations of essays, blogs, annotations, and answered questions/RAFOs) about a specific topic. For example, if you wanted to look up information on Dakhor you would search the Dakhor Tag. You can organize by oldest, newest or relevance (though that is more for keywords than Tags - more below) - and what I did when I was worried about spoilers was start at the bottom and scroll toward the top because the bottom of each post in Arcanum lists the tags that apply at the bottom. In this way, if a post had a tag I was avoiding spoilers for, I would not read it and continue to the next one up.

If it is a tag with a lot of posts, like AonDor (62 posts) you can then further refine by adding a keyword (such as Chasm Line) to get the posts that deal specifically with that intersection of topics (2 posts with AonDor tags reference the Chasm Line)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Treamayne said:

You might be able to delete a post if it has had no replies, or you can click on "report post" and in the description as a Mod to delete the post for you.

Did you have any specific questions?

 

Also, another technique (besides the Coppermind) is to go to the Arcanum to look at Words of Brandon (Compilations of essays, blogs, annotations, and answered questions/RAFOs) about a specific topic. For example, if you wanted to look up information on Dakhor you would search the Dakhor Tag. You can organize by oldest, newest or relevance (though that is more for keywords than Tags - more below) - and what I did when I was worried about spoilers was start at the bottom and scroll toward the top because the bottom of each post in Arcanum lists the tags that apply at the bottom. In this way, if a post had a tag I was avoiding spoilers for, I would not read it and continue to the next one up.

If it is a tag with a lot of posts, like AonDor (62 posts) you can then further refine by adding a keyword (such as Chasm Line) to get the posts that deal specifically with that intersection of topics (2 posts with AonDor tags reference the Chasm Line)

That’s for the help! This is great advice!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SlugInTub said:

That’s for the help! This is great advice!

No worries. That yellow arrow on the lower right of a post is how you say Thank You.

Also, when you read Warbreaker, I would recommend that you leave the annotations until after you finish the book (or for the first re-read of the novel). On Sanderson's website, the Warbreaker annotations have spoilers hidden when he's discussing things later in the book - but the eBook does not. Also, it can be a pain to back after finishing to uncover those spoilers, so it's just easier to save all of the annotations for the end (then it's almost like a review with extra goodies).

Both the book and the annotations are available free on his website (linked above).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there's any reason to remove this post, to be honest. Maybe we can lock it instead?

If you wish, you can use the Hide topic function, but I really don't think that's necessary.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2022 at 11:20 AM, Chaos said:

I don't think there's any reason to remove this post, to be honest. Maybe we can lock it instead?

If you wish, you can use the Hide topic function, but I really don't think that's necessary.

I just feel as if it would clutter the fandom but locking it would be a good course of action.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SlugInTub said:

I just feel as if it would clutter the fandom but locking it would be a good course of action.

That's really not how forums work. You're fine. I'll lock it though for you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.