Ashbringer

Ummmmm no

@Shqueeves @Turtle @JNV how are you doing? :) 

10 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I agree with the first part of this post, in that e!TUN would likely only retract from v!Mat at this point if the elims had a different preferred target and neither of the two other players with 2 votes was elim. And his defense of Mat has no reasoning, so it would be a poor e/e play. Which means all things considered, Mat is a bit less likely to be elim than random, since his e/e pairing with TUN is unlikely. (to clarify, I'm talking this out both to make sure that I actually agree, and because we have newer players that probably care to hear some reasoning behind things)

My vote is going to fall on Stiiik instead then.

I don’t like this post. The part where you needed to explain why you’re talking it out seems off to me, like, explaining things has always been part of the game, no? :P Seems a tad hyper-aware. It’s also very r00d that despite all this talk of giving reasoning you have none for your vote there xD (I know, I know, D1 and whatnot but it’s funny regardless.) Araris

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

Ummmmm no

@Shqueeves @Turtle @JNV how are you doing? :) 

I don’t like this post. The part where you needed to explain why you’re talking it out seems off to me, like, explaining things has always been part of the game, no? :P Seems a tad hyper-aware. It’s also very r00d that despite all this talk of giving reasoning you have none for your vote there xD (I know, I know, D1 and whatnot but it’s funny regardless.) Araris

I mean, if explaining things has always been part of the game, then Illwei would have explained herself. Illwei made a post implying that TUN’s post had ramifications for TUN and Mat’s alignments, but didn’t explicitly say why. Maybe that’s a useful/common tactic on MU, but I don’t think it fits our LGs very well, hence my explanation. In particular I’d say offering attacks in that manner can be helpful, but if you are defending someone D1 then not so much.

And from there, it makes sense to retract from Mat, to not vote on TUN, and to vote somewhere that will create a bit of pressure. Since it’s D1, it’s no big deal, so I voted with my porch bro. I certainly didn’t throw out a retaliatory vote on Illwei for providing no reasoning.

3 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Shqueeves @Turtle @JNV how are you doing? :) 

I'm doing well, thanks. How are you doing?

Wizard (2): Matrim, Xino
Matrim (1): TUN, Araris
Stick (2): Kas, Araris
TUN (1): Illwei, Conquestor
Xino (1): Shining Silhouette
Araris (2): Illwei, Stick
Conquestor (1): Shqueeves

Conquestor's vote on TUN doesn't sit right with me. Not only did he accuse someone of making a tie by making another tie, but he also accused Mat in the RP and TUN in parenthesis, both colored red. I'm open to retracting the vote if someone more suspicious comes along

17 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

Conquestor's vote on TUN doesn't sit right with me. Not only did he accuse someone of making a tie by making another tie, but he also accused Mat in the RP and TUN in parenthesis, both colored red. I'm open to retracting the vote if someone more suspicious comes along

And now your vote has tied Conquestor with Mat, TUN, and Xino :P.

8 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

And now your vote has tied Conquestor with Mat, TUN, and Xino :P.

I don't mind ties, I take issue with Conquestor's inconsistency. Ties can help encourage discussion as to why people voted for who they voted for

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I mean, if explaining things has always been part of the game, then Illwei would have explained herself. Illwei made a post implying that TUN’s post had ramifications for TUN and Mat’s alignments, but didn’t explicitly say why. Maybe that’s a useful/common tactic on MU, but I don’t think it fits our LGs very well, hence my explanation. In particular I’d say offering attacks in that manner can be helpful, but if you are defending someone D1 then not so much.

And from there, it makes sense to retract from Mat, to not vote on TUN, and to vote somewhere that will create a bit of pressure. Since it’s D1, it’s no big deal, so I voted with my porch bro. I certainly didn’t throw out a retaliatory vote on Illwei for providing no reasoning.

But Illwei barely ever explains stuff :P That’s their MO. My vote on you isn’t retaliatory - like I explained, it’s more because that other stuff sticks out to me as suspicious. 

33 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

Good, thanks :) 

I think Conq might’ve made a genuine mistake there cuz TUN initially signed up with that Matrim name.

also! Im turning in for the night soon and won’t be on before rollover. I might check in real quick maybe a couple of hours before rollover before heading out for uni.  

Sorry I've been absent, but the thread's kinda slow and I've been kinda busy. Laughing because this is exactly what e!me pushed when Araris said it :P.

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I think Conq might’ve made a genuine mistake there cuz TUN initially signed up with that Matrim name.

The name Conq voted with in the RP was TUN's initial RP name, yeah. So that part was a genuine mistake, but it doesn't excuse him voting someone for wanting a tie and causing a tie himself.

That being said, I think it's entirely plausible Conq doesn't notice that.

I'm pretty sympathetic of Stick's vote but also don't see myself D1ing Araris willingly here :P A majority of the votes cast so far seem innocent to me, Kas reads as a tad opportunistic but I guess I'll wait on see on that front. I'd call xino's vote elimmy if it came after Wiz's second post but it's right before. It might be elimmy anyway, tbh :P.

TUN, no idea :P. Even though it was reasoning I used while evil I think it's valid to say that voting TUN on D1 is an easy choice for the elims.

28 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

I don't mind ties, I take issue with Conquestor's inconsistency. Ties can help encourage discussion as to why people voted for who they voted for

I was more trying to point out that it's hard not to cause a tie by voting on D1, so giving credit/suspicion for someone doing so (apparently by accident) seems odd.

Vote Count:

• The Wandering Wizard (2): Matrim's Dice, xinoehp512
  • _Stick_ (2): Araris Valerian, Kasimir
  • Araris Valerian (2): _Stick_, Illwei
  • Matrim's Dice (1): The Unknown Novel
  • Conquestor (1): Shqueeves
  • The Unknown Novel (1): Conquestor
  • xinoehp512 (1): Shining Silhouette

(Hopefully that's right?)

Also - depending on things I may not be on to close the cycle super-promptly, but the cycle still ends at 8:00 PM PDT.

30 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I suppose I should point out that if we get to EOD with the current vote count I will most definitely switch onto Wizard so that someone actually dies.

Why Wiz in particular?

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Kas reads as a tad opportunistic but I guess I'll wait on see on that front

Who do you theorise I am saving by voting on Stick, Mat?

32 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Who do you theorise I am saving by voting on Stick, Mat?

I was mostly referring to the nature of the orange votes in general, specifically the Wiz one. I also find it interesting you retaliation vote me here.

4 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The name Conq voted with in the RP was TUN's initial RP name, yeah. So that part was a genuine mistake, but it doesn't excuse him voting someone for wanting a tie and causing a tie himself.

That being said, I think it's entirely plausible Conq doesn't notice that.

Okay, I'm realizing that my rping isn't really being that helpful even though it is so much fun, so I am going to separate them. I voted for TUN genuinely, but I wasn't counting votes at the time and didn't realize it would make a tie, although, I think personally that it doesn't matter. What I didn't like about TUN's opening post was that he deliberately pointed out that tying is why he was voting and for no other reason. It only really helps the elims if no one gets imprisoned to the vote. The reason why I say that it doesn't matter that I caused a tie is because of why I voted. I wanted to hear more from TUN and that failed. He only posted once more and it was referencing only Illwei's vote on him as well as "not liking Araris's vote on Mat." He then takes his own vote on Mat off without adding anything else. I also completely forgot that he changed his name to NoVeel, which makes way more sense... I was using the participants list in the OP to make sure I had the right names.

Also, I know that it is day one and votes move around quite a bit anyways, but I think that it is worth noting that neither Mat or TUN seemed overly concerned about the votes on them, almost like they could rely on some help to move the votes off of them... Now I'm not saying they are teamed, but it would help explain TUN's first vote. (Trying to build distance) I just remember that TUN usually cares more about votes that are placed on him. I also just have a freaking hard time of reading Mat so he is perpetually in my neutral zone every time I play with him!

Also, I just want to point out that Araris has three votes on him, Wizard has two, and everyone else has one. TUN took his vote off of Mat, but it was counted in @Ashbringer's vote count.

5 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

I didn't accuse Mat, I just never trust him and I was voicing that through my character. I was voting on TUN, but his original RP name was almost exactly like Mat's and I forgot that he changed it. Also, what are your thoughts on other people? Araris, Wizard, Mat, and TUN, who have all been high up in the votes over the course of this cycle. I'm okay with your vote on me, but I would like to hear what you think about other people so far as well. 

4 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

Ties can help encourage discussion, I'm just not okay with making ties being the reason someone is voting. Speaking of encouraging discussion, you don't seem to be doing much of that yourself.

7 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Araris seems to be pretty village to me. The above quote feels like V!Araris. While several of the votes on him kind of came out of no where. Stick's vote on Araris is all about Araris explaining his retract but not his vote on Stick. I too am a person that thinks while typing, so I empathize with Araris. Stick's vote seems more retaliatory than anything else to me. Illwei posted nonsense about Mat and TUN never being teamed, which seems weird, but also too weird so I would classify her post as more v leaning, but something to watch for. Wizard's post is straight up self preservation. If anyone was an elim on that train, I would bet more on Stick than anyone else.

As for the second most likely to get lynched right now, Wizard seems to be playing like themselves and while I would like to see more participation from Him, I don't think it is a reason to lynch him.

Edit:

Anyways... RP time!

Spoiler

Conquis sat down to write down his thoughts, it seemed to help his brain to think better. He started to write down his thoughts and to form arguments. He was never the most eloquent, but he feel like he made up for it by being thorough. Others might disagree, but that is life for you, you will never get everyone to agree with you fully, that is the underlying problem that is causing the current catastrophe.

After a couple of hours spent writing and rewriting his thoughts, he finally came to a few conclusions. He needed more time to think, however, and so decided to go for a walk through the Homeland. 

A terrible decision.

The Homeland was in an uproar and you could hear a multitude of voices yelling at each other, accusing each other of dissention. This is not what ConQuis wanted. "We are Kandra, there should be more structure!" ConQuis whispered to himself. People were frightened and no matter what outsiders thought of them, the Kandra were people and could fear just as much. The fear drove them to turn on each other. If we made it out of this, we would definitely be changed.

Edited by Conquestor

4 minutes ago, Conquestor said:

TUN took his vote off of Mat, but it was counted in @Ashbringer's vote count.

... oops.

• Araris Valerian (3): _Stick_, Illwei, The Wandering Wizard
  • Matrim's Dice (2): The Unknown Novel, Kasimir
  • _Stick_ (1): Araris Valerian

Yes?

Just now, Ashbringer said:

... oops.

• Matrim's Dice (2): The Unknown Novel, Kasimir

Yes?

Uhhhhh, other than the fact that you still have The Unkown Novel voting for Mat, it all looks correct. I appreciate you putting out vote counts though!!!

Just now, Conquestor said:

Uhhhhh, other than the fact that you still have The Unkown Novel voting for Mat, it all looks correct. I appreciate you putting out vote counts though!!!

Wha - I - I fixed that

Grrrr

• Matrim's Dice (1): Kasimir

9 minutes ago, Conquestor said:

As for the second most likely to get lynched right now, Wizard seems to be playing like themselves and while I would like to see more participation from Him, I don't think it is a reason to lynch him.

It was a thoughless action on my part. I was up later than I should and thought at the time it would be a reasonable idea to follow the thread, but not post until the morning. Cause I don't really know what to start with. I'm rather bad at talking to people, mainly entering conversations if I don't have any thoughts on the topic, so I often just don't say anything. 

Here’s my problem: I don’t really think Wiz is elim, but unvoting here puts Araris further ahead then my conscious would like :P I left my vote to see if anyone would bite on the train which didn’t really happen.

I guess switching my vote to a different train would keep the ratio the same, and out of the options I like xino

Hi hi hi sorry I missed yeseterday I was at a school thing and the wifi there blocks the shard hi 

Ok so none of the beginning votes make sense to me maybe thats cause Im really tired today but it just seems like a lot of nothing in response to nothing and like The unknown Novels thoguhts kind of rub me the wrong way but they always do that and Id honestly be more suspicious if they didnt and I feel like Sticks vote on Araris for saying why explaining happens is weird cause one explainning is good two Araris doesnt do that a lot from what I remember like dont they do the sorta stabby stabby no sadi resasons but secret mental reasons thing like they did that their first vote and all explaining things is out of character for them so if your vote was retaliation for their vote on you just say that you dont have to dress it up  and Wizards vote on Araris now feels like them but also slimy I think theyre just one of the people Ill always find slimy I guess so time to look for a good choice

All the votes cast so far

Matrim for Wizard said in post to be for poking in but not actually saying anything

The Unknown Novel fro Matrim to tie it which honestly fits the profile but just grrr

Kasimir for Stick no rason given

Illwei for The uNknown Novel no reason givn

Araris for Matrim no reason given

Sillhouette for xinoehp no reason given

Conqeustor for The Unknown Novel for actively seeking ties and I know this did tie it but like I dont think thats a strong motive so early in the cycle and if you dont vote on your suspicions cause of ties then no one will ever vote on your suspicions and yeah its funny but not evil or anything

xinoehp for wizard no reason given

Illwei for Araris no rason given

Araris for Stick no reason given 

Stick for Araris for needing to clarify why explaining and I kinda addressed this in that big paragraph up top but like Araris doesnt explain things explaining is abnormal for them  pushing against it just seems kinda wierd like yeah expalnation isnt normal you said its normal then you say Illweis MO is not explaining things like you cant argue both ways well you can but then youre fighting yourself

Shqueeves for Conquestor for the tie thing and for getting RP names mixed up and this reasons kinda weak honestly but at least the reasoning exists 

Wizard for Araris no reason given

Kasimir votes Matrim for making strange claims presumably wanting an explanation but technically nothing stated and honestly kinda agree with Matrim about the weirdness of the immediate retaliation vote considering the recent orange thing and my perceived uselessness of a question with a vote vs jsut a question 

Shqueeves gets off Conquestor

Matrim votes xinoehp for lack of better options I guess which is kinda weird cause the only vote for xinoehp is a no reasons given and xinoehp hasnt really done much I mean they said they kinda agreed with Stick so maybe thats why 

So in conclusion Stick 

Ok now time for RP

JenVee sat at a workstation, hammer and chisel held in hand. They had received a fascinating request for a True Body. Instead of the crystal so popular among the Second Generation, this customer wished for a body made of stone. Instead of beauty, this body would be optimized for durability. Of course, such a design brought up questions about what the body would be used for, but JenVee was not paid to contemplate. They were paid to create. Crystal required a delicate hand, and the slightest of errors would ruin a piece. Stone required great force and precision to make the slightest mark. This body had required an entirely new set of tools, and they could not carve in bas relief as they would have liked. Perhaps given more time to grow accustomed to the tools and the stone, they could have wrought their signature patterns, but the completed True Body was requested as soon as possible, and it would be wrong of them to delay a customer for their pride. They wrapped each piece separately to avoid scratches and began drafting a message to their customer concerning the completion of the work.

While I initially agreed with Stick on being mrr about Araris, I think that his explaination makes less sense for him to put out there as an elim than as a villager, but it's still plausible that he's an Elim. If he is, I think TUN's Elim equity potentially goes up though, which also wouldn't make sense to me much with Araris' usual elim play.

The most likely motivation for that post from E!Araris would be to work with me to try and get me to stop voting him, but I find this less likely? it could also be a simple post to try and enter into the game, which would be from either alignment. One hold up is that I definitely expected a retalitory vote, as I've gotten them many a time before from Araris. that's basically my only hold up with that. (After reading over LG88 again though I find that I actually don't have a problem with it as Araris behaved similarly there, and the only thing that would be a potential red flag is the explaination instead of the agreement, but we live and learn from previous games so perhaps Araris saw the confusion there from people not knowing what I meant and decided to explain here. The point is that Araris probably isn't an Elim here especially not for any reasoning that I've said which makes this whole paragraph very pointless :P)

That and TUN posting about not liking Araris, unvoting, and not acting on it.

I don't see an Aligned TUN/Araris posting what they did, especially Araris with assuming my reasoning (practically).

After some sleep I don't really know why I thought that TUN Was village for that post, even though at the time it was what Araris said. I think that Mat and TUN being likely unaligned was enough for me to call TUN more likely village, but still that wasn't the whole of it and i don't like that read anymore, but moreso becuause I think that there's likely something fishy in Stick/TUN/Araris.

I agree with Conq that Wizard isn't behaving much different than other games, besides seeming slightly less excited about the game than last time I played with him. I think that Matrim jumping on that is interesting because of how I remember him approaching wizard in LG88.

Not Teamed:
TUN/Araris
TUN/Matrim
Araris/Matrim

Spoiler

Reminder that I'm not an outsider and things like "i guess maybe that's how you do it on MU but not here" don't apply to me because i played here for a year before i every played a game on MU :).