Ashbringer

9 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Hi Turtle :P 

Hide contents

I use that rhyme to remember how many days are in each month, too xD Learned it in fifth grade and it’s some earworm 

Hi :P

I can never remember how many days are in each month it’s kinda bad 

25 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Turtle. At least until Stick does a post that convinces all of us to vote someone other than their teammate Turtle of course. 

Tbf the vote manip concern was there :P And if we win anyway, worth the not-risk

Aaaand that's game. :ph34r:

Tbf the vote manip concern was there :P And if we win anyway, worth the not-risk

Cuz there's only room for one vote manip in this thread yknow what I mean :rolleyes:

DIE VILLAGE AHAHAHAH

edit:

wait it's not 6:59 yet.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by _Stick_

LG89 Aftermath: An Old Homeland, A New Home

They'd determined it. TurTaal was too suspicious. They needed to contain them for the good of the Homeland. But that needed procedure, particularly after AarChur's mess of an incarceration. A decision made by the end of the First Generation's time of audience, the end of the hourglass. And as the sand fall, one by one, the votes came in. MaTriim. NoVeel. Stiiik. Taazzel. They all glared accusingly at TurTaal. But TurTaal said nothing, and simply gave a knowing glance.

"No. This is wrong. Why are we attacking them?" Stiiik said suddenly. "We're all kandra, aren't we? Why can't we just be free?"

Taazzel gave a shocked glance at this near-treachery before looking back to the group. "I change my vote to Stiiik in protest."

Stiiik watched the sand fall to its last few dregs. "I vote for Stiiik as well."

The faint gasps around the room drowned the sound of the hourglass coming to an end. A tied vote. A procedural lock. That had... never happened before. There weren't even rules on how to break a tie. The Council had never been this small before. 

They looked at the First Generation's shadowed forms in alcoves above. But as usual, they made no motion towards any one side.

"So what'll it be? Breaking your own limitations you set on yourself in order to limit us? Or finally letting us go?" Stiiik said, rising to join TurTaal.

TurTaal drew a hammer they'd concealed. "We don't want to hurt anyone else. We're all kandra. But if we need to, we will."

A few minutes later, a small band of kandra, their forms changed and clothed and smiling, exited a small notch in the side of the Arguois caverns. Stiiik and TurTaal nodded to the rest of the Thirds they'd liberated. They'd all find their own way to survive, some together, some on their own. Maybe the Seconds were right. Maybe the humans would always hate them. But they were free.

As for me? Well, this isn't my story. There's time for that later.

No one was imprisoned!

Vote Count:

• _Stick_ (2): Shining Silhouette, _Stick_
  • Turtle (2): Matrim's Dice, The Unknown Novel

Congratulations to the Third Generation, consisting of @xinoehp512, @JNV, @Turtle, and @_Stick_ for winning! And thanks to @Devotary of Spontaneity for IMing the game!

While there are currently only 2 of the Third Generation alive to the 3 Second Generation, there are also no more usable Blessings of Presence (or any other Blessing) in the game, meaning nothing would stop the Third Generation from reaching parity and winning during the Night, so the game would be effectively over anyway. Might as well not spend another 24 hours for me to get the date wrong everyone to wait.

Doc Links:

Dead/Spec Doc

Elim Doc

Master Spreadsheet

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Matrim's Dice - MaTriim - Second Generation, Blessing of Stability
  2. The Unknown Novel - NoVeel - Second Generation, Blessing of Presence
  3. The Wandering Wizard - WiiZaadSecond Generation, Blessing of Potency
  4. _Stick_ - Stiiik - Third Generation, Blessing of Awareness
  5. Shqueeves - WalDo Second Generation, Blessing of Awareness
  6. Araris Valerian - ArVaal Second Generation, Blessing of Presence
  7. xinoehp512 - NottIt Third Generation, Blessing of Potency
  8. Conquestor - ConQuis Second Generation, Blessing of Stability
  9. Shining Silhouette - Taazzel Second Generation, Blessing of Potency
  10. SymphonianBookworm - Zanaria / AarChur - AarChur Second Generation, Blessing of Stability
  11. Kasimir - KeSaam Second Generation, Blessing of Stability
  12. Turtle - TurTaal Third Generation, Blessing of Presence
  13. JNV - JenVee Third Generation, Blessing of Awareness
  14. Illwei - IllWei - Second Generation, Blessing of Presence

... I forget anything? I think that's everything.

Welp. You’re lucky I was inactive at rollover :eyes:

Not sure how I feel about the more than 25% elim team also having a Coinshot but we did make it close. Close enough that we also got lazy. Ah well. Gg, I knew something was off about not sticking to turtle. I tried so hard to make it not work but the logic was… maybe there? xD

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Whew. I actually had to set an alarm to be up at 6:45 am ON A SUNDAY to do those  EoD shenanigans. Smh. 

Some things you probably want to know if you don’t have time to go through our doc:

- For like the fist half of D1, JNV and I didn’t even know we had two other teammates 

- By the time I logged off for the day Xino hadn’t yet told us about them being a coinshot 

- We tried to bus me D2 but idk it didn’t work 

And by the time D4 rolled around I was kinda tired of playing the passive elim and I knew I didn’t want to keep doing that for like another week. Plus there were wayy too many cleared villagers that my shot at solo eliming my way to the win seemed iffy at best too. So I figured we’d either win as 2e or not at all. Sorry for risking your win JNV and Xino :P 

Thanks @Ashbringer and @Devotary of Spontaneity for running the game! 

Edited by _Stick_

Stick oh wow stick honestly didnt think youd pull it off and it was so close so really really close but STICK YOU DID IT Im so proud of you I was worried when you went on an antisolo arc but you did it you did it you did it yay also dont apologize you won so it was obviously a genuis move we mortals couldnt understand now if youd lost it would have been a differnt matter but you won you didd it hooray three cheers for Sitck hip hip hooray hip hip hooray hip hip hooray 

Massive props to JNV and Stick for distancing so well. Without the village cred Stick got from everyone being convinced Stick/JNV wasn't e/e, those last two cycles would have played out very differently.

11 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Sorry for risking your win JNV and Xino :P 

My win lol :P All I did was show up halfway through the first cycle then flail wildly at EoD trying not to get lynched. 

Side note: I think this may be my first time being lynched D1 as an elim. Kind of strange to have everyone talking about you. :P

So some GM thoughts:

Yeah, the distro was a bit weird because of a few reasons. For one thing, 4 out of 14 is 28%, but 3 out of 14 is 21%, which makes 14 a really fun number to try and quarter. For another thing, the roles were not nearly as balanced as I wanted them to be: Potency in Elim hands is powerful in any situation, but the way I made Stability made it overly strong as a way of hammering, because its downside of needing to match your vote doesn't matter if that vote will end the game. So then 2/4 roles were "overly strong" in Elim hands, with Presence being about where I wanted it and Awareness being the "worst" because it relied a lot on intuition and didn't tell if that Blessing was still in play or not.

So the Elims got 4 players and a Potency, but they also got 2 of the 3 Awareness Blessings and none of the 4 Stability Blessings. 

(Also, 3/4 of the Elims were Adjuncts of the Scholars in Steel's LG. So that also happened. Go figure.)

If I run this again, I'd probably change a bit just for balance sake - either make Stability a standard Riot (or some non-vote manip, non-roleblock, non-kill, non-protect ability) and change Awareness to deal with PMs, or that plus a more complex ruleset (Blessings giving both a Passive and a One Use ability, letting Blessings be stolen and turn players to mistwraiths until they are somehow replaced, spectator mistwraiths, etc).

But I had a lot of fun running the game, and I hope you all had fun playing it!