Ashbringer

Long Game 89: Blessings of Metal

The Third Generation of Kandra has always been said to be one of the most rebellious, but in the days before Contracts and when the Flaw was well known, the Second Generation and the Third Generation had quite a... disagreement in whether to unite all kandra into the Homeland or to scatter those that wished to leave into the winds. The Second feared the spreading kandra could bring Ruin upon their race, while the Third thought it was the only way to Preserve it, and words were no longer enough to determine which would prevail.

Basics:

Spoiler
  • Cycles will be split into 47-hour Days and 23-hour Nights, with rollover taking an hour after each turn. (Rollover time TBD).
  • The Second Generation is the Village faction, and must imprison all of the Third Generation to win.
  • The Third Generation is the Eliminator faction, and must reach parity with the Second Generation at the end of any turn to win. They have an Elim doc to work with and a faction kill each Night.
  • PMs are closed.
  • There is vote for imprisonment every day turn; there is no vote minimum and ties will result in no imprisonment.

Blessings:

Spoiler

All Blessings are one use only.

• Blessing of Potency: Your physical strength lets you overpower even other kandra. Once per game, during the Night, you can kill another player.
  • Blessing of Presence: Your mental stability lets you act under pressure with great precision. Once per game, during the Night, you can protect one player from any attacks that turn.
  • Blessing of Stability: Your emotional stability lets you convince others of your honesty. Once per game, during the Day, you can change another player's vote to match your vote. 
  • Blessing of Awareness: Your heightened senses lets you uncover secrets about people. Once per game, during the Night, you can learn what Blessing another player has, if any.

I @Ashbringer will be your GM, with @Devotary of Spontaneity as your IM. I would be partial to having a co-GM, as I am a college student and... quite busy! Writeups will likely be minimal as well but RP is as always encouraged.

Signups will end (as of now) at 8:00 PM PDT on Saturday, September 17th. Unless something else changes from then. Maybe.

... I think that's all I need to say?

Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • Order of Actions: Day turn is Blessing of Stability -> Imprisonment. Night turn is Blessing of Presence -> Blessing of Potency / Elim NK -> Blessing of Awareness.
  • All Blessings will be used up once activated, even if they do not "function": i.e. if no one attacks the target of a Blessing of Presence, if the target of a Blessing of Potency survives, if a Blessing of Stability is counteracted, or if the target of the Blessing of Awareness dies.
  • The Blessing of Awareness does not take into account whether the target's Blessing has been used or not.
  • If the Blessing of Stability is used on the same vote by multiple people, the vote will be moved to whichever votee had the most voters using the Blessing of Stability. If there is a tie, then the vote will not be moved.
  • Kills are not distinguished.
  • The Elim Kill can be used the same turn as a Blessing, by the same player.
  • As of now, the game is not necessarily Role Madness, so there can be Kandra with no Blessing.
  • Blessing of Presence does block from multiple attacks.

Participants:

Spoiler

Players:

Spoiler
  1. @Matrim's Dice - MaTriim
  2. @The Unknown Novel - Mirtaam
  3. @The Wandering Wizard - WiiZaad
  4. @_Stick_ - 
  5. @Shqueeves - WalDo
  6. @Araris Valerian - ArVaal
  7. @xinoehp512 - NottIt
  8. @Conquestor - ConQuis
  9. @Shining Silhouette - Taazzel
  10. @SymphonianBookworm - Zanaria
  11. @Kasimir - KeSaam
  12. @Turtle - TurTaal
  13. @JNV - JenVee
  14. @Illwei - IllWei

Pinch Hitters:

Spoiler
  1. @ArcherAarChur

Spectators:

Quick Links

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

4 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Pshhhh

You should be NoVeel. :P 

Honestly, that works super well. Changing my character to NoVeel.

I'm in! I'll be ConQuis. (That's the best I could think of, suggestions will be accepted!)

Using kandra rules, I think it would be one of ConQuu(u)s, ConQuees, ConQuos, or ConQos.

Edited by The Unknown Novel

Sigh.

I should be taking a break.

But alright, lesgo.

Signing up as KeSaam, a moderately respectable kandra of the Second Generation, determined to do his duty to the First, and what exactly in the Lord Ruler's name is wrong with kids these days, the Third Generation is rusting insane.

Occasionally tells other kandra of any generation whatsoever to get off his porch.

LG89 Day 1: Generational Gap

Another one of them had died. Some Soother had gathered enough friends to break TarHiin's mind and then broke their bones and flesh with dueling canes. The humans had always hated the kandra, feared them, but this... this was an escalation. The kandra knew they must all guard the Trust, maintain the Contract, but the leading council of the Second Generation, always speaking for the First, knew the only way to stay that way was for all kandra to stay underground and never reveal their true face.

Some dissenters... well, there would always be dissenters. Especially among the Third generation. They'd come around. Right?

Welcome to LG89! There is an imprisonment vote this cycle.

A few reminders:

• Any tie in the vote will result in no imprisonment.
  • All Blessings are one-use only.
  • All PMs are closed.
  • I won't be doing huge write-ups this game because college, but I'll try to at least write something. Feel free to RP and give me something to work with!
  • I forget things so sometimes I need reminders.

The turn will end at 8:00 PM PDT (or 10:00 PM CDT) on Monday, September 19th. Role PMs should be out shortly!

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Matrim's Dice - MaTriim
  2. @The Unknown Novel - NoVeel
  3. @The Wandering Wizard - WiiZaad
  4. @_Stick_ - Stiiik
  5. @Shqueeves - WalDo
  6. @Araris Valerian - ArVaal
  7. @xinoehp512 - NottIt
  8. @Conquestor - ConQuis
  9. @Shining Silhouette - Taazzel
  10. @SymphonianBookworm - Zanaria