Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sheherizaad

General question please?

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I have a lot of Brandon Sanderson memorabilia, limited edition and signed books, artwork etc. Which forum/topic is best for posting these items for sale? I don't want to commit any faux pas and clutter up a topic incorrectly!

Thank you so much! 

Hi there. We are currently creating policy to deal with this situation, so please stand by. This should be done fairly soon, though.

On 9/12/2022 at 2:45 PM, Chaos said:

Hi there. We are currently creating policy to deal with this situation, so please stand by. This should be done fairly soon, though.

I hate to be a pest but can you please quantify "soon"? As in the next couple of days or next couple of months? Thank you so much! 

Today soon! Right now! Record time, honestly.

This has been a thing we have not had a standard policy about, which has led to inconsistent guidance over the years, and this has come up more and more these days. We needed a coherent policy.

We are very concerned with scalping, scammers, and the safety of our members. Moderating transactions is quite an undertaking, and will get more challenging with time. Obviously, most people likely just want to give merch to a community, which we understand. However, ultimately, we decided it would be too challenging to guarantee the safety of our members. As such, our policy from now on will be not allow selling of products like this. Sorry!

This will get an official announcement and specific language in our rules soon (this week, maybe), but we didn't want to leave you hanging. 

On 9/12/2022 at 2:45 PM, Chaos said:

11 hours ago, Chaos said:

Today soon! Right now! Record time, honestly.

This has been a thing we have not had a standard policy about, which has led to inconsistent guidance over the years, and this has come up more and more these days. We needed a coherent policy.

We are very concerned with scalping, scammers, and the safety of our members. Moderating transactions is quite an undertaking, and will get more challenging with time. Obviously, most people likely just want to give merch to a community, which we understand. However, ultimately, we decided it would be too challenging to guarantee the safety of our members. As such, our policy from now on will be not allow selling of products like this. Sorry!

This will get an official announcement and specific language in our rules soon (this week, maybe), but we didn't want to leave you hanging. 

No apologies necessary please. 

Would it be ok if I wrote a post asking where people do buy /sell their merchandise? And if so, which forum should I post it in? 

Thank you so much for your time and input! 

Edited by Sheherizaad

For Brandon merch, General Brandon Discussion. Non-Brandon, I'd use General Discussion.