Dalinar’s Bond/Adolin’s Trial

Procrastination

I’ve been thinking about Adolin’s time in Lasting Integrity, and how he says that he doesn’t think Radiants force bonds. It reminded me of how people were saying Navani and the Sibling shouldn’t have bonded, because Navani “forced” the Sibling to bond her. (Ok, don’t come for me. I put it in quotations because it’s an opinion, idk. Regardless, this hasn’t happened yet in the book.) That in turn made me think of Dalinar bonding the Stormfather at the end of WoR. You know, when he says this:

Spoiler

“Life before death!” Dalinar shouted. “Strength before weakness! Journey before destination!”

I am the sliver of the Almighty himself! the voice said, sounding angry. I am the Stormfather. I will not let myself be bound in such a way as to kill me!

Even though the Stormfather eventually agrees, I was surprised that the honorspren didn’t bring this scenario up at the trial. It’s the perfect piece of evidence—it shows that Dalinar was trying to kind of force a bond, and that the Stormfather believed that if he were to be bound that he would be killed, and so resisted. So why didn’t they bring this up? I suppose they might not have known about it, but they seem to know a lot. They only talk about Dalinar almost breaking his bond, however. What do you guys think?

Now that you mentioned it, their is plenty of times where a bond is forced or at least pushed for. 
RoW: 

kaladin with relain and the honor spren 

navani and the sibling 

oathbringer:

lopen and rua 

teft and pandarana  (spren on this one)

WoR: Dalinar and the stormfather

shallan and pattern 

tWoK: 

Windle and lift.

7 hours ago, rosharian_cat said:

I’ve been thinking about Adolin’s time in Lasting Integrity, and how he says that he doesn’t think Radiants force bonds. It reminded me of how people were saying Navani and the Sibling shouldn’t have bonded, because Navani “forced” the Sibling to bond her. (Ok, don’t come for me. I put it in quotations because it’s an opinion, idk. Regardless, this hasn’t happened yet in the book.) That in turn made me think of Dalinar bonding the Stormfather at the end of WoR. You know, when he says this:

Hide contents

“Life before death!” Dalinar shouted. “Strength before weakness! Journey before destination!”

I am the sliver of the Almighty himself! the voice said, sounding angry. I am the Stormfather. I will not let myself be bound in such a way as to kill me!

Even though the Stormfather eventually agrees, I was surprised that the honorspren didn’t bring this scenario up at the trial. It’s the perfect piece of evidence—it shows that Dalinar was trying to kind of force a bond, and that the Stormfather believed that if he were to be bound that he would be killed, and so resisted. So why didn’t they bring this up? I suppose they might not have known about it, but they seem to know a lot. They only talk about Dalinar almost breaking his bond, however. What do you guys think?

The Honorspren asked Adolin about the time Dalinar almost killed the stormfather. Adolin just answered that he don`t know about that.