FlowerGirl

How did everyone find out about Brandon Sanderson and at what point did you realize how amazing he is?

5 posts in this topic

The first time I heard about Brandon was when I showed my cousin the plot line for an early book I was writing and he said it was similar to Mistborn. (Just to clarify, the book I was writing was nowhere near as impressive, the events were just similar to the first book of Mistborn, but way less cool.)

I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, but a while later I read Skyward and was obsessed. I looked to see if Brandon had any more books and realized he was the author of Mistborn. I read the series and was even more obsessed. At this point of have read most of his books and watched his Youtube courses on writing.

My first sanderson book was also skyward! a while after that my mom started my on the way of kings and I have not yet found an alternative to endlessly binging sanderson.

My English teacher recommended Mistborn(two weeks ago) to me and reading it is probably one of the best decisions I ever made! Brandon’s writing is seriously incredible and I have read no other author that compares. I am currently reading Warbreaker and planning to work my way through the entire cosmere! I am officially obsessed 

Update: I finished Warbreaker and I am about just over halfway in The Way of Kings! I don’t know if anyone cares but yeah… :)

Edited by Cassia

I picked up the second mistborn book because it was near Jim Butcher's stuff in my library and the cover looked cool. I hated and was very confused for the first 80 pages before I realized it was the second book. I started again with Elantris because it was his first book and definitely didn't have any other books I needed to read first. I loved it. 

My son got Mistborn as a gift back when it first came out.  He's got pretty good taste, so when he suggested I might like it, I gave it a try.  "Holy crap," I thought, "this guy is head and shoulders above any other recent fantasy author."  I think we read Warbreaker next.  Here we are 15 years later and nothing has happened to change my mind... in fact, I just keep getting MORE impressed.  I really enjoyed Butcher's Dresden Files novels, but did I make an account on a Butcher fan site?  No, I did not.  'Nuff said.