Forgery Savantism

Trusk'our

Question

In The Emperor's Soul, Shai mentions that a Soulstamp placed on the emperor enough may lead to a permanent taking of the stamp. And that got me wondering; since using a form of Investiture constantly used will eventually cause savantism to occur in the practitioner, would someone who stamped themselves and renewed the stamp before it ran out for a long enough period of time become a savant, causing the stamp to take permanently, or really, would the effects of the stamp stay even after the stamp itself dissolved?

1 answer to this question

I think that's Shai's plan with her Way Out Essence Mark though she did encode a compulsion to reapply the stamp into it.

In my opinion, the stamp taking permanently is the more likely effect of Forgery Savantism. I don't think it would prevent the person from changing back to their original Identity if the stamp is removed, however. At most, I can see it as the change being a lot more gradual than, say, if a Forged object has its stamp removed.