FanX (Sep 22-24) and NYCC (Oct 6-9) 2022

Pagerunner

Brandon will be making appearances at both of these conventions this fall. We are not allowed to put recorders on the signing line table anymore, but there's a good chance he'll be doing readings or Q&A panels, so it would be good to get those recorded. Is anybody planning on attending either convention who could get audio on your phone?

FanX, historically, has been a good place to get some facetime with Brandon, since he's had several signing timeslots in past years. NYCC could go either way; he's much less of a celebrity in New York than he is in Utah (smaller fish in a bigger pond), so there might not be as much demand for his signing lines there. But there are going to be a lot of people there.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:36 PM, Pagerunner said:

Is anybody planning on attending either convention who could get audio on your phone?

NYCC could go either way; he's much less of a celebrity in New York than he is in Utah (smaller fish in a bigger pond), so there might not be as much demand for his signing lines there. But there are going to be a lot of people there.

I'll be at NYCC on the Friday that Brandon's there (but unfortunately, not Thursday or Saturday). And he won't be attending Sunday.

Here's how NYCC usually works: 

• Thursday: Mostly a 'press' day; nothing really happens
  • Friday: Autograph lines and some panels
  • Saturday: Always has the best panels and screenings, where all the new information is dropped!!
  • Sunday: Autograph lines and panels, but the day ends earlier

NYCC prevents recording at screenings, and often panels too. The autograph lines are usually so long (hundreds/thousands of people), you can't hear anything until you're basically next in line. 

NYCC/Reedpop hasn't released their actual lineup of events yet. If it's anything like 2021 (an absolute cremshow), there will be some pre-registration for the most exciting and well-planned panels; mostly on Saturday. Many things won't be announced until the week, or even day of... But I think 2021 was so poorly-planned, they're trying to improve the experience.

do plan on attempting to follow Brandon's lineup / attend whatever possible on that Friday... but Saturday is when the fun stuff will really be, most likely. 

I'll try to post an update here whenever his schedule is released! (Edit: Here's the link for NYCC Guests in the meantime.

Edited by sugjesstive
Added hyperlink; realized I sounded creepy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...