Happy birthday to our favorite dreamer :D

(Unless y'all like Hennessey or Kavinsky more idk. Ronan is better though.)

Also "it is the first day of November and so, today, someone will die." Scorpio races.

But happy birthday Ronan :D i was gonna draw his tattoo, but it turns out that's the kind of thing that's really hard to draw with traditional art (as opposed to digital). I mean have you tried drawing a celtic knot. So now there's just a random drawing of someone's back in my sketchbook.

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

Happy Birthday Ronan! 

(I do like kavinsky more though hehe)

No, i have not tried drawing a Celtic knot, but that does sound difficult yeah

Edited by Elf

16 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Gonna drop this here

(Raven King spoilers for Calano cause i know he looks at spoilery stuff when he should not)

OH LMAO OH 

W H E E E Z E 

OH MY LORD HELP ME IM DYING HAHAAHHAHAHA

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

screw you facepalm idc

the bad tts makes this funny af

i dont get it

i dont care that i dont get it

it's funny

CALANO. YOU

NEED TO STOP. YOU NEED TO STOP. STOP. STOP. STOP. GUYS HOW DO WE MAKE CALANO STOP GIVING HIMSELF SPOILERS

34 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

it will be tho. i've spoiled countless things for myself and i still loved reading them :D

I agree with this statement 

I almost always, out of habit, skim the last few chapters of a book and almost always end up spoiling myself but it's still fun 

*Shrug*

22 hours ago, Elf said:

I agree with this statement 

I almost always, out of habit, skim the last few chapters of a book and almost always end up spoiling myself but it's still fun 

*Shrug*

22 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

yeah i do this lmao

You guys must be book wizards, if i get a spoiler the whole thing is ruined for me

Anyway

Here's blue lilly lilly blue chapter 7:

Spoiler

20221104_132501.thumb.jpg.d0da9d3af5abff10715714ec93e20ef9.jpg

It's pretty messy but I like it a lot :D i might color more in later. I am embarrassed about how much energy i put into that crummy toilet. My pride would not let me look up "toilet drawing reference" so it is from my brain. I do not like it.

I do like the box of doritos though lol. (not necessarily the actual drawing, but the idea of it.)

It was actually chapter 7 lol

Sorry for double posting. I didn't want to edit my last one :lol:

I just finished the Dream Thieves for the second time! (well last night. I'm in school now.) It remains my favorite one. I noticed so many more amazing things this time through. The Raven Cycle is magical that way ;) SPOILERS AHEAD for Dream Thieves obv. NO LOOKING CALANO

Spoiler

First: I love Kavinsky to death. He's so chaotic. He's so dramatic and he needs a lot of help. He's one of my favorites

Second: Kavinsky and Gansey represent both sides of Ronan and Ronan is completely aware of that. That whole inner monologue about how K rules the night and G rules the day. It's amazing

Third: Adam is the most genuine and realistically written character possibly ever. His struggles with pride and accepting help are so honest and the way he fights against his anger is just raw and perfect. I love him

Fourth: Ronan is helplessly in love and doesn't even let himself realize it. He is falling hard. 

Fifth: Bluesey is adorable and I love it. (I am realizing that I love everything currently) Their relationship develops so realistically and the way that they care for each other is amazing. 

Sixth: The Grey Man is so fun to read about. I was bored of him my first time through because he wasn't in the Gangsey, but now I think he's one of my favorites! He is very well developed. 

Seventh: The whole scene of Adam and Gansey at the party is incredibly written. Adam's shock and frustration just oozes out of the pages and Gansey's pain at this part of his life is so well represented. I love how Adam is trying to convince himself that this is the life he wants, but this is the beginning of where he realizes that maybe he doesn't need this as much as he thought. 

Eighth: I think Opal/Orphan Girl is Persephone. Think about it! They have the same hair (ish), they both love Adam, Persephone says something about he being out of time...I love it. 

Ninth: Kavinsky. Again. I love him too much. Both the scene where they confront him about breaking into Monmouth and the final scene where he rides in ON TOP OF THE CAR I just love. He's so charismatic. 

Tenth: Adam being the Magician and starting to realize what he can do is just an excellent introduction to one of my favorite plots.

Edited by Morningtide

Can't relate, Adam Parrish supremacy 

I love him so much. It is actually legitimately concerning to me sometimes how much I love him.

Funnily enough, I have yet to actually draw him in a way I like (the only place I've drawn him that he actually looked adam-ish to me was in on my page of Greywaren doodles).

Which reminds me, I'm drawing a scene from every book (including the novella, Opal) to hang on my wall, and so far I have Blue Lilly and Greywaren (both of them are in my Ort corner, though I might also do the Horror Movie Twins scene from bllb) and I'm drawing one of the bois at Nino's for Raven Boys. Any suggestions for scenes for Dream Thieves, Raven King, Call Down The Hawk, and Mister Impossible?

oh and last thing, absolutly massive greywaren spoilers (so @morningtide) (doomie don't you fricking dare i'm actually serious):

Spoiler

what do you think the hawk that gansy points out (while he and ronan are talking on the porch) in the Greywaren epilogue symbolizes? I've puzzled over it and honestly, i can't figure it out. i feel like it has something to do with the title of the first dreamer trilogy book, which i don't really understand either. any thoughts?

DOOMIE I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS, if you read what's in this next spoiler box i will actually come to your house and uh rip up all of your books and smash your guitar ( i was gonna say murder you but death threats over the internet are a big nono)

Spoiler

Doomie please i am so serious right now

Spoiler

i saw this thing somewhere about how funny it was that gansy makes an appearance just to micromanage (as he does) and i can't stop thinking about it. like. the man LITERALLY showed up, proposed to ronan and adam for each other (HE FRICKING PROPOSED FOR THEM. GANSY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH (i actually do) BUT LIKE dude. cmonnn lmaoooooooooo), said being a teenager sucked, pointed out a hawk, and that's the last canon we'll ever read of him. i laughed so hard when i thought about it, but then i was sad. but then I just laughed cause that's easier.

edit: hmmmm... i am evolving... i took le quiz again... this time i got ronan instead of the last two times when i got kavinsky... next thing i know i'll be getting gansy... hmmm.....

8 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Can't relate, Adam Parrish supremacy 

I love him so much. It is actually legitimately concerning to me sometimes how much I love him.

Funnily enough, I have yet to actually draw him in a way I like (the only place I've drawn him that he actually looked adam-ish to me was in on my page of Greywaren doodles).

Which reminds me, I'm drawing a scene from every book (including the novella, Opal) to hang on my wall, and so far I have Blue Lilly and Greywaren (both of them are in my Ort corner, though I might also do the Horror Movie Twins scene from bllb) and I'm drawing one of the bois at Nino's for Raven Boys. Any suggestions for scenes for Dream Thieves, Raven King, Call Down The Hawk, and Mister Impossible?

oh and last thing, absolutly massive greywaren spoilers (so @morningtide) (doomie don't you fricking dare i'm actually serious):

Hide contents

what do you think the hawk that gansy points out (while he and ronan are talking on the porch) in the Greywaren epilogue symbolizes? I've puzzled over it and honestly, i can't figure it out. i feel like it has something to do with the title of the first dreamer trilogy book, which i don't really understand either. any thoughts?

DOOMIE I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS, if you read what's in this next spoiler box i will actually come to your house and uh rip up all of your books and smash your guitar ( i was gonna say murder you but death threats over the internet are a big nono)

Hide contents

Doomie please i am so serious right now

Hide contents

i saw this thing somewhere about how funny it was that gansy makes an appearance just to micromanage (as he does) and i can't stop thinking about it. like. the man LITERALLY showed up, proposed to ronan and adam for each other (HE FRICKING PROPOSED FOR THEM. GANSY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH (i actually do) BUT LIKE dude. cmonnn lmaoooooooooo), said being a teenager sucked, pointed out a hawk, and that's the last canon we'll ever read of him. i laughed so hard when i thought about it, but then i was sad. but then I just laughed cause that's easier.

edit: hmmmm... i am evolving... i took le quiz again... this time i got ronan instead of the last two times when i got kavinsky... next thing i know i'll be getting gansy... hmmm.....

Spoiler

RONAN AND ADAM ARE GETTING MARRIED????? GANSEY PROPOSES FOR THEM???? HAHAHAHA THATS THE MOST GANSEY THING EVER

I really need to read the dreamer trilogy

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

ok you said not to read it, you said don't tell you that i read it

so i wont

i wont tell you i read it

2 hours ago, Elf said:
  Hide contents

RONAN AND ADAM ARE GETTING MARRIED????? GANSEY PROPOSES FOR THEM???? HAHAHAHA THATS THE MOST GANSEY THING EVER

I really need to read the dreamer trilogy

I'm actually gonna cry you guys are sadists you are causing me legitimate pain

From now on all greywaren comments shall be pmd to Morningtide