I'll Turn Your Ideas Into Music!

Shining Silhouette

Your nephew(along with his parents) is visiting for a time. He's one year old and you get to see his growth since last you saw him. He's adorable and you love spending time with him(even when he's upset), and he makes you giggle.

If you don't have time for this one, don't do it! I just really enjoy your music.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

also the kaladin and tien one...

Spoiler

again, you should not spend time on this that you don't have!

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Yes, please suggest titles. I'm a bit bad at those :P

The titles for my suggestions are, "Butt First!" or "Uh-Oh!" and the second one is "I'll Bring You Back".

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

I have had an idea, mostly I was bored and some of my biking adventures came back to me. Mostly the beauty of the paths through the woods and even though they are close to some roads and the railroad. There is little sound that can be heard while deep in the path.

Title: The Forest Path

Spoiler

There is a path through the woods, traveled by nary a soul.

While on my bike I rush through these paths.

And slow down, when I reached the forested arch.

Silently and quietly I ride. In the silence, peace touches my mind.

I slow to a stop, quietly marveling.

Watching the wonderous forest, blooming all around.

Not ten paces more, and I hit the road.

Blaring cars barely tucked away.

Their sound absorbed by these forested woods.

I just discovered this and Silhouette, as an amateur/aspiring pianist myself, your work is astounding and I love it, and you are so talented!

Anyway, my prompt: you know the end of the world is fast approaching, and you can rewind time again and again to stop it, and you are the only one with the knowledge to stop it. But as you fail over and over, you must watch as your loved ones die over and over because of your own failings. (It's kind of weird, but hopefully you can do something with it)

• 4 weeks later...

Finally! Sorry, everyone! I recorded several of these weeks ago but then never got around to uploading them! In the future, please feel free to ping me if it's been a little while :P

Many apologies to those who have been waiting literally months at this point :o 

Also, if you want me to rename a title, just let me know!

On 11/24/2022 at 7:47 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Lay down in the wood,

Head on the moss,

Take his hand,

Stare at the sky.

Deep in the wood,

After your loss,

Salt the land,

With the way you cry.

"Tears" uses a motif of perfect fifths in accompaniment with dissonance to create a clash. I thought of it kind of how memories can be so perfect initially then over time become tainted by anguish. The ending of this stirred my heart—this piece was particularly meaningful for me. Thank you, Calano.

On 11/20/2022 at 10:45 PM, Telrao said:

Softly sway,

The trees sigh, birds

Sing their song, and soon

I find myself singing along.

But a flurry of anger

Breaks the peace, and pain

All returns to me, lonely

Beneath the ghostly trees.

I weep.

Lost.

"Alone, Singing" is about the spiral that sometimes comes when you're feeling really awful. Things progressively get out more and more out of control, and reality is distorted. That's all you can do—you're alone.

On 11/28/2022 at 1:58 PM, Gregorio said:

Maybe for the season you could try something like going from fall to winter. Like a transfer from the leaves falling to the snow falling and covering the ground.

"Seasons' Greetings" was my attempt at describing the season change from fall to winter. I like winter quite a bit more than fall, so winter might be unintentionally a bit more playful than fall. You might notice a little insertion of a classic recognizable song, all jazzed up for the holidays in an improvised and bright fashion :D 

On 12/20/2022 at 10:49 PM, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Your nephew(along with his parents) is visiting for a time. He's one year old and you get to see his growth since last you saw him. He's adorable and you love spending time with him(even when he's upset), and he makes you giggle.

"Uh Oh" is a playful and sweet (in my opinion) take on what it's like playing with a child. It's lot of fun! They take you into their whimsical world of fun and magic, and there's really nothing like it!

On 1/9/2023 at 2:12 PM, The Wandering Wizard said:

There is a path through the woods, traveled by nary a soul.

While on my bike I rush through these paths.

And slow down, when I reached the forested arch.

Silently and quietly I ride. In the silence, peace touches my mind.

I slow to a stop, quietly marveling.

Watching the wonderous forest, blooming all around.

Not ten paces more, and I hit the road.

Blaring cars barely tucked away.

Their sound absorbed by these forested woods.

"A Leafy Ride" takes some of my favorite moments of going riding in the woods and works them into various parts of this piece. One thing that happens often when I ride my bike is many random musings. This tries to capture those sporadic thoughts, but also keep the wonder that is exploring nature's beauty on a bike.

On 11/25/2022 at 3:18 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

You've been broken and beaten down so much that you aren't sure how much more of life you can take. Amid all your sorrow and pain, someone comes and leads you toward a bright light. When you reach the light it washes over you and heals you completely, something you never imagined possible.  

"Redemption" is a beautiful concept. Though the darkness of the past can be dim, we know that the sun will rise in the morning again. All we need to do is keep our heads held high and look forward.

And @Witless of Shinovar and Calano, I'll record your prompts as soon as I can!

Edited by Shining Silhouette

On 1/5/2023 at 8:53 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

A friend you deeply care about has just lost the person they're closest to, and you're doing everything you can to help them get back on their feet, and to see the light.

If I may suggest a title; The Light

"The Light" is my take on what it's like to help a friend see the good in the world. Specifically, the moments when you tell them of all the beauty that exists in the world, and describe everything that life is about and the joy of living. I particularly like the ending :D 

On 1/9/2023 at 11:47 PM, Witless of Shinovar said:

I just discovered this and Silhouette, as an amateur/aspiring pianist myself, your work is astounding and I love it, and you are so talented!

Anyway, my prompt: you know the end of the world is fast approaching, and you can rewind time again and again to stop it, and you are the only one with the knowledge to stop it. But as you fail over and over, you must watch as your loved ones die over and over because of your own failings. (It's kind of weird, but hopefully you can do something with it)

"Rewind" is pretty chaotic. I mean, what else would you expect? It is the end of the world, after all. You may notice a familiar theme come along here that deals with time (it randomly popped into my head). This piece focuses on the feeling of failure and loss that one might feel in this situation. It's pretty interesting and weird, like you suggested! Hope you enjoy!

I think that's it for the prompts I've gotten! If I've missed you, be sure to let me know.

It's time to officially start taking some more!

12 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I think that's it for the prompts I've gotten! If I've missed you, be sure to let me know.

Well... ummm...

:D:blink::P 

On 12/20/2022 at 7:49 PM, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

also the kaladin and tien one...

Reveal hidden contents

again, you should not spend time on this that you don't have!

Silho you are a master. I've had a project on my mind involving storytelling and film.

If I ever go through with this, would you be willing to score it? I have some pieces that would serve as inspiration, as well as the project itself once it's done.

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Silho you are a master. I've had a project on my mind involving storytelling and film.

If I ever go through with this, would you be willing to score it? I have some pieces that would serve as inspiration, as well as the project itself once it's done.

That sounds really cool! It would have to depend on when it would need to be scored (cause after I graduate I'll be plenty busy), but that's a fantastic idea.

9 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

That sounds really cool! It would have to depend on when it would need to be scored (cause after I graduate I'll be plenty busy), but that's a fantastic idea.

This also depends on if I actually go through with this idea... it's all very tentative.

But I will keep you updated lmao. Thanks for being willing though.

12 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

If you need an assistant writer. I'm bored at odd times of the day, most days.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Heh, I'm already working on a book series for a english capstone project. Very fun, but busy. :3

yeah. my essay is about the Church, and i'm enjoying it a decent amount. i know so much, it's pretty easy lol. but yeah.

busy :3

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

yeah. my essay is about the Church, and i'm enjoying it a decent amount. i know so much, it's pretty easy lol. but yeah.

busy :3

D&D twice a week, archer twice a week, and then youth night the other night. I stay up way too late working on homework.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:41 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

"Seasons Greetings" was my attempt at describing the season change from fall to winter. I like winter quite a bit more than fall, so winter might be unintentionally a bit more playful than fall. You might notice a little insertion of a classic recognizable song, all jazzed up for the holidays in an improvised and bright fashion :D 

Heck ya! I love this. It had a bit of Jingle Bells in it and I'm all for this. Thank you so much. Freaking cool.

On 2/5/2023 at 11:23 AM, Shining Silhouette said:

"The Light" is my take on what it's like to help a friend see the good in the world. Specifically, the moments when you tell them of all the beauty that exists in the world, and describe everything that life is about and the joy of living. I particularly like the ending :D 

"Rewind" is pretty chaotic. I mean, what else would you expect? It is the end of the world, after all. You may notice a familiar theme come along here that deals with time (it randomly popped into my head). This piece focuses on the feeling of failure and loss that one might feel in this situation. It's pretty interesting and weird, like you suggested! Hope you enjoy!

It's time to officially start taking some more!

Oh my gosh I just got around to listening to the song, and MY GOSH.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

IT'S SO GOOD! I love the way you were able to make it feel like it was repeating, but at the same time not really, and the dissonant chords made it so awesome. 

Edited by Witless of Shinovar

On 2/7/2023 at 0:11 AM, Witless of Shinovar said:

IT'S SO GOOD! I love the way you were able to make it feel like it was repeating, but at the same time not really, and the dissonant chords made it so awesome. 

On 2/6/2023 at 9:40 PM, Gregorio said:

Heck ya! I love this. It had a bit of Jingle Bells in it and I'm all for this. Thank you so much. Freaking cool.

Thank you! I really appreciate it ^_^

(Okay, I'm totally dramatic, but bear with this prompt. It's totally not based on my novel *cough cough* AND SORRY IT'S SO DETAILED you don't have to do all of it)

"You're a castaway princess turned bounty hunter after your older brother was murdered by the person you most trusted. On your journey to find lost friends, you stumble upon ruins of a town, still smoking, burning, crumbling. There's something bigger out there, and you realize you may be the only one with the knowledge and capability to fight it. Will you turn back and risk your life to warn your people who hate you of the threat, or will you stand by, keeping your own life out of more trouble, and watch everything and everyone you loved burn?"

If you like, here are some images to go along with the prompt just cuz

Spoiler

8D5Ve4ZKA9o0VF1iKWbg--9--kqc0q.jpg.262ef907425a8e0d62e024d17fe7a297.jpg

Spoiler

63e43c0c33f7f_IMG-1908(2).thumb.PNG.41bc6a8b98e391fd1f9ff23773bf72b8.PNG

Edited by Kajsa :)