Looking for a writing circle-type Discord server

Elias

I'm looking for a Discord server that serves as a kind of writing group, as I have all these ideas for what I would like to write and someday publish but have no one IRL to talk with them about and get constructive feedback. I really don't where on reddit to put this, or even if that's a good idea, and I've previous gotten some great book recommendations from 17th Shard, so I came here with my request. Or, if this is forum is a good place to put my work for review by fellow enthusiasts, that would be good to know too. I'm of the Brandon Sanderson writing persuasion, where I'll come up with an idea for a short story that in my head is just a page or two on Word but will balloon out into twelve by the time I get everything I wanted into it, so I'm not sure.

3 hours ago, Elias said:

I'm looking for a Discord server that serves as a kind of writing group, as I have all these ideas for what I would like to write and someday publish but have no one IRL to talk with them about and get constructive feedback. I really don't where on reddit to put this, or even if that's a good idea, and I've previous gotten some great book recommendations from 17th Shard, so I came here with my request. Or, if this is forum is a good place to put my work for review by fellow enthusiasts, that would be good to know too. I'm of the Brandon Sanderson writing persuasion, where I'll come up with an idea for a short story that in my head is just a page or two on Word but will balloon out into twelve by the time I get everything I wanted into it, so I'm not sure.

You can also sign up to post weekly in this forum. It's a good place to get feedback. Just read through how to join up here:

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/1369-welcome-to-reading-excuses/?page=1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this is a brilliant group, the first writing group I ever joined, back in 2013 (although I've been writing for decades). I've improved greatly from being in this group, to the point of being published a couple of times now, with more in the pipeline. The feedback here is direct, which is so important: the worst thing is a group that doesn't tell you (for whatever reason) what you need to hear.

You can put short stories through this group, or whole novels (a bit at a time!) - it's very flexible and there are folks here at various stages of a writing career, and also with varying interests, personalities and life experience, which is valuable too in getting a range of feedback.

• 3 weeks later...