An oddity with the Knight Radiant quiz

Mr. Misting

So I love Brandon Sanderson (obviously) and I have had a few of my friends and family take the knight radiant's quiz. Four out the nine people that I had take it were Windrunners. This seemed odd to me so I tried to think of some reasons why this might be. People that live in my area and family might just have general ideals and personalities that fit with Windrunners. I can also see how Windrunners are a very classic stereotype that people might see themselves as, everyone wants to be just and protecting.

I have no idea why but this just seemed interesting to me. Have anyone else experienced something like this? Do you have any ideas why? 

A few of my friends and family took the test too although they haven’t even read the books. I have four Truthwatchers out of seven who did the test (one Bondsmith, one Windrunner and one Edgedancer). 

The only reason all my friends are Truthwatchers (the rest are family) that I can think of is that maybe these are the kind of people I like to hang out with? But you’ve also got a point, it’s right that everyone wishes to be protective and caring!

The figures are of course not yet representative so maybe we should convince more people around us to take the quiz :D  

I don't have the source right now, but I believe I have read that the Windrunner percentage is automatically increased by some points to imitate how they've traditionally been the Order with the most members (and probably also the one that readers like most because of Kaladin and the fact that we know most about them). Similarly, the Bondsmith percentage is automatically lowered by 10 points or so to make it way harder to get Bondsmith - since it would be odd to have many of them when in the books, there's never been more than three.

Edit: It should be noted though that on this site (and in the fandom in general), Truthwatchers are the most present Order, which is probably because we kind of specialize in reading books, looking for clues, finding truths, etc. ^^

Edited by Elegy

That’s really interesting, thanks for the info! 

I am now wondering what is wrong with me and my father because we are both Bondsmiths:D 

12 minutes ago, Elegy said:

Edit: It should be noted though that on this site (and in the fandom in general), Truthwatchers are the most present Order, which is probably because we kind of specialize in reading books, looking for clues, finding truths, etc. ^^

Seems legit :D 

35 minutes ago, Lilien Kholin said:

I am now wondering what is wrong with me and my father because we are both Bondsmiths:D 

That's what you get for choosing "Kholin" as a username. It's like a cheat code for an old NES game; lines up with the books quite nicely.

1 hour ago, Elegy said:

Yeah pretty much. People who want to dig into the underlying Cosmere stuff probably tend to have that personality type.

(I'm totally Truthwatcher as well.)

3 hours ago, Elegy said:

I don't have the source right now, but I believe I have read that the Windrunner percentage is automatically increased by some points

That would make a lot of sense, thanks for answering my question. 

3 hours ago, Elegy said:

that on this site (and in the fandom in general), Truthwatchers are the most present Order, which is probably because we kind of specialize in reading books, looking for clues, finding truths

I can also totally see this, being myself an Elsecaller and second a Truthwatcher.

19 hours ago, Elegy said:

I don't have the source right now, but I believe I have read that the Windrunner percentage is automatically increased by some points to imitate how they've traditionally been the Order with the most members (and probably also the one that readers like most because of Kaladin and the fact that we know most about them). Similarly, the Bondsmith percentage is automatically lowered by 10 points or so to make it way harder to get Bondsmith - since it would be odd to have many of them when in the books, there's never been more than three.

I don't know, if you put everything to 50 thé order you obtain is Willshaper not Windrunner 

On 8/5/2022 at 1:10 PM, Lilien Kholin said:

Seems legit :D 

That's even stranger. As the quiz has a mechanic in it that that automatic automatically subtracts a certain number of points from your bondsmith score to simulate how rare Bondsmith are.