The Ending of Oaths

Yumiya

In SP4, Nomad talks about is oaths ending, being forgotten. There is a death rattle that I think my elude to how oaths are ended, like a reverse oath. In particular, I think it might be the words used by Sigzil to break his Windrunner bond. 

The death is my life, the strength becomes my weakness, the journey has ended. 

"The death is my life" - the constant running from the Night Brigade consuming his life.
"The strength becomes my weakness" - his taking up the dawnshard? Super powerful, but causes side-effects.

"The journey has ended" - his time with his honor spren must end, along with the oaths.

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Casual Ati Enjoyer said:

I always kind of thought this was referring to Moash

Well, I can see where you would go that way, up to a point.

"The death is my life" - The deaths of of others have put him on his current path (Elhokar, Jezerin)
"The strength becomes my weakness" - The idea that he could have been strong and a Windrunner of the third ideal definitely dealt him a blow. The strength of community and support that Bridge 4 has became a torment for him after his betrayal. 

"The journey has ended" - This is where it breaks down for me. He is still on a journey. Unless you want to make the argument that his journey with the rest of Bridge 4 is over.

1 hour ago, Casual Ati Enjoyer said:

or maybe some Voidbinding weirdness

Not sure why you would say this. Care to share the thought process?

52 minutes ago, Yumiya said:

"The journey has ended" - This is where it breaks down for me. He is still on a journey.

Well, based on the end of RoW, it seems that the path he was on is no longer an option. Being blind, he can't really serve Odium like he used to. Though I could be wrong about that, maybe Odium with give him something that lets him see. (Steelsight?)

As for Voidbinding, I have zero proof. We just don't know enough about it. I like the idea of a kind of reverse Ideal to the Radiants, partially because we could have a really cool term like the Tarnished or the Diminished or something. It just depends on if the Fused, Enlightened Radiants, or something different is using Voidbinding.

I have always assumed that Death Rattle was just somebody butchering the first ideal because they are dying and confused by what they are experiencing. Some of the Death Rattles seem like someone not being able to fully convey what they are experiencing. 

You've killed me. Bastards, you've killed me! While the sun is still hot, I die!

This one I think is referencing how the Sun in shadesmar is not warm. Like they are transitioning realms and see the cold Shadesmar sun, but can still feel the heat of the physical realm sun. This other death rattle talks about the cold sun as well:

I'm dying, aren't I? Healer, why do you take my blood? Who is that beside you, with his head of lines? I can see a distant sun, dark and cold, shining in a black sky. 

There are two that sound like they are both talking about Dai-gonarthis, but one calls him The Black Fisher and the other The Black Piper. The pied piper lured rats with his music and lures are commonly used in fishing. 

Let me no longer hurt! Let me no longer weep! Dai-gonarthis! The Black Fisher holds my sorrow and consumes it! 

—Collected on Tanatesach 1173, 28 seconds pre-death, by the Silent Gatherers. Subject was a darkeyed female street juggler. Note similarity to sample 1172-89.[43]

He watches! The black piper in the night. He holds us in his palm... playing a tune that no man can hear! 

—Observed circa Tanat 1172. Subject was Cenn, a member of Kaladin's squad in Brightlord Meridas Amaram's army.[30]
This is not a reference to Hoid.[31]

Edited by Child of Hodor

• 4 months later...
On 10/08/2022 at 4:20 PM, Child of Hodor said:

There are two that sound like they are both talking about Dai-gonarthis, but one calls him The Black Fisher and the other The Black Piper. The pied piper lured rats with his music and lures are commonly used in fishing. 

I'll build up more on this with some stuff I found out. This is the following line:

On 10/08/2022 at 4:20 PM, Child of Hodor said:

I'm dying, aren't I? Healer, why do you take my blood? Who is that beside you, with his head of lines?

Both words I highlighted have to relate to Lightweavers. Blood is their soul casting and body focus and the head of lines is pretty much an on-point description of a cryptic spren.

Dai-gonarthis is also believed to be based off of Daigon, the Canaanite God whose wife is Shalash.

I'm not sure if this helps anything but couldn't help to flex my miscellaneous wisdom