Here be Bondsmith Unbound

Kered

I saw this topic a few years ago and thought it'd be fun to make another go of it now that we have OB and RoW. Had the idea to do this after I was listening to OB again and in the duel with Fen's son, it's mentioned that Fen's son was rubbing his chest like he was the one that was stabbed. Obviously this is just line for realism sake but I had a random thought that it'd be funny if, just like Kaladin in WoK unconsciously pulling arrows to him, Dalinar was going around randomly Connecting to people. Then that thought led me down the "How OP can a Bondsmith be" rabbit hole again. So, I thought I'd see your opinions, trolly or otherwise, and post a few of my own. Also, my knowledge of Realmatic Theory is average at best and Connection as it relates to spirit mumbo jumbo is kind of laughable so I'm sorry in advance if I suggest the Cosmere equivalent of thinking the earth is flat. 

• Injury/Trauma mirror. Connecting someone to a Bondsmith's own pain and or trauma. Mental or physical. I could see this leading to some pretty awesome applications in combat scenes. Would be super op against anyone that can't heal via void or stormlight. Though, if a mental application can be used that could be arguably scarier. 
  • Perma Connecting someone to something and or someone. From using a Connection like Ishar forged between the windrunners and the stone to Connecting someone permanently to the Cognitive Realm. Or in Ishars case, permanently Connecting cognitive beings to the physical realm. This ones a kind of only limited by the imagination.
  • Manipulating the Connections the things and emotions that cause the existence of spren. Changing fundamental principles of somethings existence and the ripple effect that would follow.  
  • Trading out Connections between things. IE loyalties to certain peoples of morals, histories of specific people or objects, etc. This is an obvious one because of what Ishar attempted with the Stormfather but its also another one which possibilities are only limited by imagination. 
  • Severing Connections. One implication of this is the severing of Nahel Bonds. This one I feel has the best chance to make it into the books because severing a bond is only a few steps past what Ishar attempted. 

The more and more I think about the implications of an unbound Bondsmiths, the more I'm becoming sure it will be the one of, if not the most, OP thing in the cosmere outside of Shards and Dawnshards. 

At its most powerful:  Direct Spiritweb Manipulation, as in Spritweb re-wiring.  No emalurgy, Forgery, etc required.  Pre-shattering this was supposedly granted by Microkinesis, along with the ability to split atoms and to both perceive and interact with things through the Quantum scale.  

On 7/28/2022 at 10:25 PM, Kered said:

I saw this topic a few years ago and thought it'd be fun to make another go of it now that we have OB and RoW. Had the idea to do this after I was listening to OB again and in the duel with Fen's son, it's mentioned that Fen's son was rubbing his chest like he was the one that was stabbed. Obviously this is just line for realism sake but I had a random thought that it'd be funny if, just like Kaladin in WoK unconsciously pulling arrows to him, Dalinar was going around randomly Connecting to people. Then that thought led me down the "How OP can a Bondsmith be" rabbit hole again. So, I thought I'd see your opinions, trolly or otherwise, and post a few of my own. Also, my knowledge of Realmatic Theory is average at best and Connection as it relates to spirit mumbo jumbo is kind of laughable so I'm sorry in advance if I suggest the Cosmere equivalent of thinking the earth is flat. 

• Injury/Trauma mirror. Connecting someone to a Bondsmith's own pain and or trauma. Mental or physical. I could see this leading to some pretty awesome applications in combat scenes. Would be super op against anyone that can't heal via void or stormlight. Though, if a mental application can be used that could be arguably scarier. 
  • Perma Connecting someone to something and or someone. From using a Connection like Ishar forged between the windrunners and the stone to Connecting someone permanently to the Cognitive Realm. Or in Ishars case, permanently Connecting cognitive beings to the physical realm. This ones a kind of only limited by the imagination.
  • Manipulating the Connections the things and emotions that cause the existence of spren. Changing fundamental principles of somethings existence and the ripple effect that would follow.  
  • Trading out Connections between things. IE loyalties to certain peoples of morals, histories of specific people or objects, etc. This is an obvious one because of what Ishar attempted with the Stormfather but its also another one which possibilities are only limited by imagination. 
  • Severing Connections. One implication of this is the severing of Nahel Bonds. This one I feel has the best chance to make it into the books because severing a bond is only a few steps past what Ishar attempted. 

The more and more I think about the implications of an unbound Bondsmiths, the more I'm becoming sure it will be the one of, if not the most, OP thing in the cosmere outside of Shards and Dawnshards. 

how about connecting Someone with storm light healing to someone without in such a way that The storm light thinks that the 2 bodies are the same Allow in for the other person to  Be healed every time the surge binder use  storm light. 

15 hours ago, bmcclure7 said:

how about connecting Someone with storm light healing to someone without in such a way that The storm light thinks that the 2 bodies are the same Allow in for the other person to  Be healed every time the surge binder use  storm light. 

It’s insane that this leads to the possibility of Dalinar being able to have a close to invincible army lol. 

On 7/30/2022 at 7:12 AM, bmcclure7 said:

If this could happen the tukari would be a much Meaner force to face