Long Game 88: Blood and Bloody Ashes!

Long Game 88: Blood and Bloody Ashes 

Writeup to come when I get on my computer. 

(%)

Welcome to LG88: Blood and Bloody Ashes. I am your GM for this game, and your IM is as of yet unknown. If you would like to Co-GM this game to help out, please PM me.

This will be set in the White Tower in an alternate world where the Black Ajah moved to take control earlier. 

If you would like to have the rules as a Doc, here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mrx-Nslg3G5WpPPOtz83V79PSAK-znQF5_LzUtTOHiA/edit?usp=drivesdk

If not, here are the rules in thread:

LG88: Blood and Bloody Ashes 

Spoiler

Housekeeping:

Spoiler

• 48 hour Days and Nights

• There will be a community execution every Day

• It will have a two vote minimum, meaning that the highest player up for execution must have at least two votes in order to die. If four players are remaining, it decreases to one

• Ties will result in a coin flip, if the Amyrlin votes on one of them however, the one with the Amyrlin's vote will lose the coin flip/die

• When an elim links with a villager and disagrees with the villager, it will be more likely for the villager to win

• This will be role madness, but Aes Sedai counts as a role.

• PMs require an action and the GM will open them.

• ● means night action, ○ means day action, ●/○ means either.

Factions:

Spoiler

People of the White Tower: You have discovered that the Black Ajah has not only infiltrated the White Tower but also brought a Myrdraal, and that's not counting the Forsaken that rumor says is with them. You must eliminate them from your ranks.

Servants of the Dark One: The Aes Sedai have discovered your existence and alerted their allies in the city. Maybe you shouldn't have tried to bring that Myrdraal into the Tower. And they think you have a Forsaken? Time to overturn the White Tower. You must make it impossible for the People of the White Tower to win. You also have a factional kill each Night and a doc to conspire in.

Ratings:

Spoiler

0-5 each Air, Fire, Water, and Earth. There will be one stat with the value one or zero, two with the value two or three, and one with the value four or five. Spirit is 1 through 5, but completely random comparatively to the rest of the stats.

Example:

Air: 3 

Fire: 1 

Water: 4 

Earth: 3 

Spirit: 2

Weaves(Warning for bad formatting, go to the doc for better):

Spoiler

Weave:

Element:

Difficulty(Stat Requirements):

Complexity:

Trace:

Spirit

See what physical actions a player takes ○/● 

Delve: 

Spirit

See what physical actions were used on a player of your choice ○/● 

Heal:

Air, Water, and Spirit

1, 1, 2

Heal a player. Any attacks against them will fail ● 

Voice of Power:

Air and Fire

2, 2,

Post an anonymous message○ 

Renew:

Air, Water, and Spirit

1, 1, 2,

Give your target player an extra physical action next turn that does not affect their weave limit or difficulty ○/● 

Raise Fog:

Air and Water

2, 1

Cloak yourself and another player of your choice from action detection weaves ○/● 

Light:

Air and Fire

1, 1

Pierces fog used on you or a player of your choice.○/● 

Mirror of Mists:

Air, Fire, and Spirit

2, 2, 2

Make yourself appear to take another action on a player of your choice○/● 

Earthquake:

Earth

Physical block two players other than yourself○/● 

Lightning:

Air and Fire 

One must be 4, the other 3

Kill a player ● 

Shield:

Spirit

Weaveblock a player for two turns or until they break free* or you release them○/●** 2

Seal/Ward Against People:

Air, Fire, and Spirit

1, 2, 2

Roleblock any player who takes a non-lethal action against a player of your choice. Including yourself○/● 1

Fold Light/Bending:

Air and Fire

2, 2

Disguise a single physical action from being discovered by a weave○/● 

Circle of Silence:

Air, Fire, and Water

1, 1, 1,

Create a group PM○/● 

Harden Air:

Air

Physical block a player○/● 

Compulsion:

Air, Earth, Water, Fire, and Spirit

2, 1, 1, 1, 2

Change a player's vote to whatever you wish from whatever you wish.○ 

*A player will be notified if weaveblocked and can break free by doing a 1 difficulty 2 complexity pure Spirit action

**If you weaveblock the same player twice in a row, it becomes a complexity 2 action

Complexity:

Spoiler

1 85% of success 

2 60% of success

3 40% of success 

4 15% of success

For each additional weave, the chance of failure increases by 5%, unless it has a complexity of 3+. If it does, it increases by 10%. Physical actions increase it by 2%.

Example Turn:

Trace 2 60% Minus 5% for each weave below complexity 3, minus 10% for each weave complexity 3 and above, and minus 2% for physical actions, which add up to -22% = 38%

Heal 3 40% Same process totalling at -17% = 23%

Earthquake 3 40% Same as Heal, -17% = 23%

Amyrlin Vote Manip

Order of Actions:

Spoiler

When moves occur at the same time, the higher complexity weave wins, weave always beats physical at the same time, and if two weaves of the same complexity at the same time interfere with each other, whoever has the higher combined stat total wins. If all of these condition are equal, it will be a coin toss to who goes first.

Ward Against People

Earthquake/Shield/Harden Air/Blademaster Roleblock

Lightning/Horsetrader Kill

Heal/Warder Protect

Renew

Voice of Power

Circle of Silence 

Compulsion 

Fold Light/Mirror of Mists/Raise Fog

Light

Blacksmith Scanning

Trace/Delve 

Linking:

Spoiler

If two or more players state that they intend on linking with each other, they will combine to use the highest stat for each element. The complexity of each weave will also decrease by one. 

Example Link:

Player 1:

I will link with Player 2 and Player 3 in order to attempt to Create Lightning on Player 4 and to Heal myself. 

Stats:

Air: 3 

Fire: 1 

Player 2:

I will link with Player 1 and Player 3 in order to attempt to Create Lightning on Player 4.

Stats:

Air: 5

Fire: 3

Water: 1

Player 3:

I will link with Player 1 and Player 2 in order to attempt to Create Lightning on Player 4 and to Mirror of Mists to make it appear I took an extra action on Player 5.

As my physical action, I will open a PM with Player 5

Stats:

Air: 2

Fire: 4

Water: 1

Spirit: 5

End Stats:

Air: 5

Fire: 4

Spirit: 5

End Actions:

Lightning on Player 4 4 complexity - 1 for linking = 3 = 40% - 15% = 25% 

Heal on Player 1 3 - 1 for linking = 2 = 55% - 15% = 40%

Physical Actions(You may take two per turn or one and at least one weave):

Spoiler

Non-role Specific Actions:

Create a one on one PM

Roles:

Spoiler

• Aes Sedai: You will have elemental stats and can perform weaves.

• Amyrlin Seat: You are an Aes Sedai, in addition, your voice can sway a crowd and your power within the tower is utmost. Or it was until these Black Ajah started running around. Change a player's vote to another player. You may change the vote from and to a no-vote as well. ○

• Warder*: You are bonded to an Aes Sedai. If they die, there will be a fifty percent chance that you die. Every other turn, you protect them. On off turns, you protect yourself. You also have a permanent PM with them. ●

• Blademaster*: You have an extra life and can roleblock a player every turn. ●/○

• A Shepherd from the Two Rivers*: You have a heron-marked blade that you can use to fend off attackers. You will survive one attack. You may do a weave once per game. If the weave fails, it does not count . ● - ●/○

• A Blacksmith from the Two Rivers*: Your senses are greater and the wolves tell you who they think are Darkfriends. Discover the alignment of a player twice per game. ●

• A Horse Trader from the Two Rivers*: You have an odd knife you found in Shadar Logoth. You can kill one person per game with this knife. If you are successfully healed by two Aes Sedai on the same turn, you die. ●

• Forsaken: At random, one of your weaves, or as you call them, webs, will always succeed. However, you are still imprisoned slightly, so you cannot vote. You can still vote in thread, it simply won't count. ●/○

• Myrddraal*: You don't like to die. Stay alive for the turn after the one where you would otherwise be dead. ○/●

*aren't Aes Sedai

Participants:

Non-Participants:

Spoiler

Pinch-hitters

Spectators:

Sign-ups will end on August 11th, at 10:00 PM Mountain Time. Cycle One will follow closely after and all rollovers will happen at that time in  the future.

Quick Links

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

23 hours ago, Vorros said:

I will play as either Verin Sedai or Alanna Sedai according to my alignment. 

Note that doubleposting is not encouraged

if you need to say something else later you can edit your post with a clearly marked edit

ex

EDIT:

more things

On 8/6/2022 at 0:59 AM, Matrim's Dice said:

Well, he can be Anon Sedai until he dies— I’m preeeetty sure Vorros is from MU and knows how games like these work :P 

This is correct lol. Let’s just keep it with Verin Sedai since her allegiance was mixed anyway. 

will also keep in mind editing too

...Fine. I'm in. Have only read the first Wheel of Time book, so I'm expecting be confused. 

Welcome to Sanderson Elimination, Silhouette and Vorros! Word of warning, from my personal experience: Don't trust people. Like... ever. Not kidding. But also kinda kidding. You'll see.