Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmcclure7

Sigzil timeline

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Based on what was reviled in sun lit man  here is my best guess at Nomad's story post RoW.

1. The unite dawnshard is found and hoid convinces Sigzil to take it up and take it off world.

2. The dawnshard alters both his and his Spren's spirit web this unlocks new powers but brings the torment.

3. He gives up the dawn shard

4. The night brigade starts hunting him. 

5. Nomad loses faith in his ideals as a result his Spren dies.

6. The event of sun lit man

If I missed anything or you have a alternative time line let's discuss. 

Edited by bmcclure7

It's almost a certainty that whatever happened to Sigzil's spren and Sigzil taking up a dawnshard happened concurrently 

Based on the dawnshard story 

Posted (edited)

My headcannon

1. Sigzil gets a dawnshard before the end of Stormlight 5. This likely has something to do with Hoid. Sigzil is semi informed. 

2. The dawnshard alters both Sigzil and his Spren's spirit web and this unlocks new powers. Sigzil is stoked. 

3. Sigzil "experiments" and this causes some problems. The Dawnshard and spren interact strangely. The dawnshard "talks" more

4. Something happens that makes Sigzil and his spren realize oaths are not the most important thing. Perhaps Odium's plan. 

5. Sigzil and his spren agree to do something that is fundamentally against the First Ideal. It is done for a good reason in Sigzil's mind. 

6. Sigzil's spren dies willingly. Many humans and singers die as well. Sigzil's Dawnshard does something at this time that is new or unexpected. 

7. Sigzil gets a new bond. The bond is not exactly the spren but something else. Perhaps the Dawnshard becomes semi conscious with a spren. 

8. Hold explains to Sigzil how to run and why to run. Hold apologizes for not being honest or not training Sigzil enough on Dawnshards. 

9. Sigzil runs and learns of his torment over time. 

Edited by teknopathetic

On 7/24/2022 at 2:18 AM, bmcclure7 said:

4. The night brigade starts helping him. 

Did you mean hunting? I am pretty sure they are not helping him.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:22 PM, teknopathetic said:

6. Sigzil's spren dies willingly. Many humans and singers die as well. Sigzil's Dawnshard does something at this time that is new or unexpected. 

7. Sigzil gets a new bond. The bond is not exactly the spren but something else. Perhaps the Dawnshard becomes semi conscious with a spren. 

I think there's a possibility that the "new or unexpected" is that Aux picks up the Dawnshard and that is why the Night Brigade is hunting them. They probably think that Sigzil still has it. 
Then Sigzil picks up a weird bond with Aux, but he is also suffering from the Torment as a result of formerly being a Dawnshard.