Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trusk'our

Lifeless Perception?

Question

Let's say you Awaken a Lifeless. Then you show it a picture of a particular person and Command the Lifeless to believe that it is that person. Then you give it an Unsealed Goldmind and let it tap healing. Would the Lifeless's physical aspect change to match the picture of the person you showed to it?

1 answer to this question

Posted (edited)

On 7/17/2022 at 6:29 PM, Trusk'our said:

Let's say you Awaken a Lifeless. Then you show it a picture of a particular person and Command the Lifeless to believe that it is that person. Then you give it an Unsealed Goldmind and let it tap healing. Would the Lifeless's physical aspect change to match the picture of the person you showed to it?

I'm loving this concept!

Totally yes is my answer. The Command is what builds the soul which, through Breath, reanimates the Lifeless, so if you Commanded it to use an unkeyed metalmind, my thought is that the Breath which animates it would have to assemble itself into a Spiritual "shape" capable of doing so.

Lifeless have reduced self-awareness, so...it might take some trial and error to teach one enough about identity and connection to be able to believe itself into a new persona, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.

Gold heals on all 3 levels so, once you've primed it to tap Unsealed minds, taught it what it needs to know in order to be able to obey, then told it what to do...yeah, i think you'd have a changeling. I don't know if it would be able to change back though, and it might break free as soon as it doesn't believe it's a Lifeless, what with the Gold trying to make that true Spiritually. Necromancy!

Edited by hwiles