Mid-Range Game 59: Alcatraz vs the Lens Destructors

Elandera

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

You didn't answer the question-- and Fifth wasn't defending Luckspren, he was asking you a question. Why should you go onto Luckspren? Is there a difference? At the time of your vote, you put Luckspren in exactly the same threat level as Ash.

Why should I answer the question? :)

His question is a weak defense of Luckspren - it presumes that there's something wrong with a vote with Luckspren. As do you.

Is there a difference? You tell me.

Did I do this? :) 

Just now, Kasimir said:

His question is a weak defense of Luckspren - it presumes that there's something wrong with a vote with Luckspren. As do you.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the Luckspren vote. Confusion and curiosity about why you cast it doesn't mean we think you're wrong.

And I'm out of time. Wonder if this will post.

Cycle Two: Did they have... horn rims?

Nope. They sure didn't. The glasses were a little more square. Hipster-ish, I guess. Oops?

Ashbringer was executed! They were a Free Kingdomer!
Matrim's Dice was killed! They were a Free Kingdomer!

Vote Count:
Ashbringer (4) - Matrim's Dice, Fifth Scholar, Conquestor, Devotary of Spontaneity
Droughtbringer (1) - A Joe in the Bush
Luckspren (1) - Kasimir

Player List

Spoiler
  1. @A Joe in the Bush - Sabenta Smedry
  2. @Steeldancer - DumDum Rock
  3. @JNV - Cori
  4. Matrim's Dice - Free Kingdomer
  5. @The Wandering Wizard - Alfonzo Smedry
  6. @Fifth Scholar - Sasha Grischuk
  7. @The Unknown Novel - Syrus Smedry
  8. @Droughtbringer - Master Namer Smedry
  9. @The_God_King - Mcgee
  10. @Kasimir - Kazed Sarkar
  11. @Conquestor - Theonandrimicrus "Theo" Hathor the Third
  12. Ashbringer - Free Kingdomer
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Dr. Sader
  14. @Luckspren - Adelaide Smedry

This cycle ends Sunday, June 24 at 4 p.m. PDT.

Edited by Elandera

Alright. Time to go look at/analyse the voting patterns. I feel like there was a sudden end cycle push towards Ash, but that's more my impressions of EoD. I didn't like the way I kept getting @ about Luckspren too - it felt like I was being redirected to Ash, and I didn't see a particular reason to favour Ash in the circumstances. (Probably biased because I did have a PM with Ash, even if it wasn't the most productive one.) Since Mat flipped Village, we know that part of the push is pure, but I'm going to put a vote for now on Fifth.

Also, to whoever who stole my Tracker's Lens, the one time I rand an actual scanner since the disaster that was MR1 and you do this? :P Weighing whether I think it was Mat. It feels more Village because I'd expect to get Shattered or just outright killed if an Elim believed I had a TL. If there's a second TL out there and you did catch someone VSing me, I'd say you can probably lean Village on them. But that's off the top of my head.

Just now, The Unknown Novel said:

What reason would someone have to know you had TL? Everyone had lenses, so it could have just been a shot in the dark.

In the world where an Elim has a VS, I don't think they'd just use it to fish since it's a oneshot - I think they'd try to use it for a lens that's problematic for them, e.g. TL, TFL, assuming they don't start with it in the first place. So if we assume it's a blind fishing shot, then it's not likely to be the case in this world. In the world where an Elim doesn't have a VS, then ex hypothesi, it's a blind Village shot. So this leans me towards thinking that whoever did it was much more likely Village.

The comment about Elims killing me or shattering if they suspected I had a TL is partly because I'm not sure I didn't give myself away when I asked the question about whom everyone would scan if they had a TL. It felt like a rookie mistake after I posted, but I should have been more careful - the spirit of my question was more or less, "Who would you look to, if you were trying to catch an Elim kill?" and that's true of TFL as well as TL. (My thought is that framing it in a concrete way makes it easier for players to address rather than asking them to come up with a reads list.) In retrospect, it feels like one of those cases where the player asks a question about their role but no other roles, which can be taken as a hint that you do in fact have the role in question - it's why it's on your mind in the first place. Once I'd posted, I basically had to resign myself to seeing if anyone wanted to just take the shot/risk.

I'm usually better at this, but we can't unpost once we posted so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interesting. Does anyone know why this cycle is tagged 'rng is hilarious'?

EDIT: Did not mean to post this yet! Still working on it. I should really work in a Google doc instead of the shard.

Spoiler

1 - Matrim wonders about Translator's lens, and naked votes Drought (Has not posted.
2 - Fifth RPs
3 - Luck RP'd having a Tracker's Lens. That is interesting. I wonder if it was bait? responds to 1
4 - JNV Role analysis, PM's everyone.
5 -  Joe RPs
6 - Kas states he wants to be chill. Naked Votes Ash (Has not posted)
7 - Joe Writes an RP primer.
8 - Kas RPs
9 - Devo tells people to not claim lenses in pms
10 - Kas RPs
11 - WW votes Matrim ( "Well if Mat is going serious. Mat :P." )
12 - Matrim agrees with 9, acknowledges 11
13 - Kasimir agrees with 9
14 - Fifth naked votes Ash
(Second vote on Ash, who has not posted.)
15 - Luck RPs
16 - Matrim endorses the CC
17 - Conq RPs. Votes on Fifth ( "why are you and Kasimir so intent on having Ashbringer talk?" )
18 - Fifth responds to 17, explains their vote on Ash as being a way to put pressure on them. Explains that one vote is not likely to help. Tells Conq to come up with Alternate suggestions. This gives me village vibes from Fifth. (Note to self, give him a Checkers and a Mahjong book.)
19 - Conq accepts 18. Does not give alternate suggestion.
20 - Joe pings Steeldancer and poses the question of deliberately tying the vote.
21 - Novel defends their inactivity, argues against ties.
22 - Matrim pokes Novel, argues against ties, votes Conq for voting on Fifth and retracting
23 - Novel responds to 22, continues to defend their inactivity. (Bad vibes)
24 - Steel
claims to have forgotten signing up for this. I believe them.
25 - Matrim responds to 23 and encourages Novel to talk
26 - Novel just kinda shrugs in response to 25
27 - Matrim shrugs in response to 26
28 - Steel makes no effort to post.
29 - Fifth pseudo defends Conq from Matrim, Responds to 20 that ties are a bad plan. Softly defends CC in response to Novel
30 - Matrim
defends their vote on Conq as being better than their vote on Drought. (I agree.)
31 - Kas has a lot of thoughts about Ties. Says they can be a good strategy early on, but not later in the game. Asks people to let the CC die. Switches their vote from Ash to Mat, does not provide reasoning.
32 - Fifth
defends the CC
33 - King Talks about the Lenses, misunderstands how Disguiser's Lenses work.
34 - Novel corrects 33's misunderstanding.
35 - Matrim argues against ties in response to 31, then questions Kas' vote on them.
36 - Kas explains why the Tie strategy doesn't work (I agree now.) Getting Village Vibes from Kas;

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

33 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

23 - Novel responds to 22, continues to defend their inactivity. (Bad vibes)

It wasn't even on the topic of inactivity anymore, we were talking about CCs at that point, which, I get, is pretty close, but it’s stretching to call that a defense. 

H'okay. Let's do this the old-fashioned way.

• Elim involvement in the Ash train

This world is basically one in which at least one Elim pushed the Ash train. This could be to blend in and try to appear helpful, or to try to save a teammate. I am leaning a bit against that as in my view, the easiest way for Elims to save teammates is to simply get the teammate to self-pres, but nevertheless.

The main suspect pools: <Fifth, Conq, Devo, Mat>, with subsidiary pools (on the hypothesis that they were trying to save a teammate) <Drought, Luckspren.>

I lean against E!Luckspren - I am not going to voice the results of her scan in thread, but I can say that she neither killed nor used a shatter. Intuitively, it feels to me that a low profile Elim is precisely the person to be submitting kills or shatters, so I am leaning mild V on Luckspren. This is fallible obviously, since other teammates can put in kills or shatters, I just think that Luckspren was well-placed to do so. With Drought, it feels a bit counterintuitive, but Drought would not have been present in the thread to defend. But I don't see substantive pressure coming from defending Drought, since fundamentally, Drought was never going to be lynched anyway as a returning player. So lean against the subsidiary pools in general.

• No Elim involvement in the Ash train; Elims were hiding elsewhere in the thread

This world is somewhat unhelpful in that everyone and their dog basically did not want to get involved in the lynch yesterday, which I get, but also makes it hard to have a strong view about the candidates in this world. We're looking at a formal main pool of: <Joe, Luckspren, JNV, TUN, TGK, Wiz, Steel, Drought>. Drought and Luckspren are removed; Drought for inactivity, and Luckspren for reasons I've mentioned previously. 

My current/main thoughts: no strong read on most players.

• Steel's raw dgaf continues to stand out to me. It's a bit of an apathy clear, which I dislike, but let's call it an apathy-not-my-immediate-problem-for-C2. I have seen low activity E!Steel before, and I am not sure E!Steel just acts this disinterested or disengaged, but at the same time...Dingogate was real.

• I am tempted to effort read Joe for that post RIP, but I really shouldn't. Same deal with regard to effort reading JNV. Some of it is going to depend a little on the results of something else. Drought vote is eh in my eyes, but Joe also mentioned just rushing it, which I have some sympathy for, so I'm leaving that off.

• TUN, TGK, Wiz more or less in the same ballpark for me.

• Fifth - I will always, always be wary of thread!Fifth, am aware that it's his MO whether Village or Evil, but all the same. I've stated my reservations with the Luckspren/Ash push, and that's about where I'm at. @Fifth Scholar

• Devo - Gut eh. I know it's a classic Devo late vote, I just don't always feel good about late trains, especially since Mat flipped Village. Does your reasoning for Ash boil down to your theorised Elim team? @Devotary of Spontaneity

• Conq - Feels like an inactivity pressure vote on Ash. He feels engaged with the game in our PM, which is a good sign for me, but I suppose I'd like to ask more about why Ash pivot - you said you'd rather kill someone not participating, and I assume Drought was out because returnee, and Luckspren had those two posts. Is that the correct way to read your vote? @Conquestor

1 hour ago, The Unknown Novel said:

It wasn't even on the topic of inactivity anymore, we were talking about CCs at that point, which, I get, is pretty close, but it’s stretching to call that a defense. 

Defend was the wrong word, sorry. Explain was what I would have used if I had meant to post those notes.

Player Reads:

Steel - Due to their apparent lack of care about the game, I think they are a Villager. However, that will switch unless they either seek a pinch hitter or start to participate. 

JNV -  I don’t have any reads on them. I will note that they didn’t want to vote on Luck, Ash, or Drought. If any of them turn out to be Elims, this will be soft evidence that JNV is a villager.

WW - I would lean towards them being an Eliminator, mostly due to their vote and retraction after being voted. It felt kind of like trying to avoid notice. It is a very small lean towards Eliminator.

Fifth - I think they’s a villager? They talk a lot, which is nice. They’ve expressed some level of suspicion on Novel, Mat, and Kas. They’ve defended Conq and Luck. Mat died though, which lessens my suspicion of them, as it did not seem that Mat was trusted, so I don’t see why Fifth would publicly suspect Mat and then kill him.

Novel - Their light suspicion of Kas is the only read I remember them making. I would like to see more discussion from them, but I will be the first to admit that RL needs to come first.

Drought - Please post bro.

King - They declined to vote on Ash, Luck, or Drought. This doesn’t mean much since Ash was already set to die at this point. I would like to see more discussion from them.

Kas -  Whew boy. Kas has posted a lot. I’ve been accepting that they were a villager until I made my notes and realized that a lot of their posts are very helpful to the members of the community in a strictly meta sense rather than a ‘solve this game’ sense. I’m not suspicious of them, but I am trying to separate my gratitude at their help from my read of them. They are suspicious of Luck and have argured with Novel in a way that makes me think they two of them can’t be on an elim team together.

Conq - I trust them more than anyone else. Still not a lot, but my strongest village read. They were the first to break the tie, so if Drought or Luck are evil I’ll flip on them. I’ve agreed with pretty much everything they’ve done.

Devo - They’ve made a soft defense of Conq, and they cemented the lynch on Ash. I’m ambivalent about them but will revisit them if Luck or Drought are Eliminators.

Luck - They RP’d as having Tracker’s Lens. I’ve pm’d them about this, and then accidentally pointed it out in the thread before they could respond. I’m not all that suspicious of them, but a lot of people have defended them, so I would like to know their alignment and their action if they did have a Tracker’s Lens. I admit that Kas' most recent defense of them makes me less willing to vote on them, but I don't have better candidates.

26 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I am tempted to effort read Joe for that post RIP,

Well you're definitely going to effort read me now.

13 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Well you're definitely going to effort read me now.

Effort yes, but also:

13 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I’m not all that suspicious of them, but a lot of people have defended them, so I would like to know their alignment and their action if they did have a Tracker’s Lens.

Are you legit trying to rolelynch Luckspren.

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Maybe? I'm not sure what that means. My primary reason for voting for Luckspren is that a lot of players have defended them, and they survived a tied lynch. If they're an eliminator we'll get a lot of info about those players.

Their action is not a reason I am voting for them, it is simply something else I want to know. I'd love to know everyone's actions, but Luckspren is the one who claimed/implied to have a Pseudo-Scan.

4 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Maybe? I'm not sure what that means. My primary reason for voting for Luckspren is that a lot of players have defended them, and they survived a tied lynch. If they're an eliminator we'll get a lot of info about those players.

So my initial take was that you were trying to kill Luckspren because you thought Luckspren had a TL and wanted to know her alignment (i.e. rolelynching, something like AG2 Tyrian Eight which startled me since we both survived that), but I see you mean that you want to know her action if she did in fact have a TL, which is considerably less alarming :P Thanks for clearing that up.

Why vote for information rather than where your suspicions are? And what info do you expect to receive depending on Luckspren's flip?

7 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Their action is not a reason I am voting for them, it is simply something else I want to know. I'd love to know everyone's actions, but Luckspren is the one who claimed/implied to have a Pseudo-Scan.

If you did know them all, we'd have the game solved C2 gg ez :P

54 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Does your reasoning for Ash boil down to your theorised Elim team?

I was considering between Ash and Mat, and then both you and JNV indicated a desire for Ash to live when I saw no particular reason for him to survive compared to Luck and Drought. There were also too many people holding votes (TGK, JNV that I remember, possibly more), which I was concerned meant they'd jump on the first convenient train, potentially to save Ash. What was in your PM with Ash that made you prefer voting Luck?

15 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Why vote for information rather than where your suspicions are? And what info do you expect to receive depending on Luckspren's flip?

The only people I'm currently 'suspicious' of are Novel and Wizard, and both of those are only because of Play styles, which I don't know nearly enough about to condemn them for. I'm going to just watch them for now. I've been trying to think of questions to ask them to get a better read on them, but haven't come up with anything.

If Luckspren is an Eliminator, JNV and you would likely be Villagers and I'd look very hard among Fifth, Conq and Devo for Eliminators.

And that is good night! I have spent far too long on SE today. I'll hop back on to read in about 10 hours, but it won't be responsible for me to post again for about 20 hours. Yell at me if you view me reading the shard please. I'm remembering how easy it is to get sucked into these games, which might by why I stopped in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

What was in your PM with Ash that made you prefer voting Luck?

It was a mildly fun PM, if not terribly game relevant, and I can't discount that I was a little biased because of it. But pragmatically, a collection of factors: low temperature suggested that no one was particularly engaged or under threat, and combined with the fact it was still not too late in the cycle (NA hadn't gotten online), my judgement is that I was better off expanding the slate of trains rather than consolidating, and seeing how people reacted to it. Luckspren also had a fairly non-committal opening post that fit the profile of someone wanting to play under the radar, so I decided to apply some pressure and see what happened.

12 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

and then both you and JNV indicated a desire for Ash to live when I saw no particular reason for him to survive compared to Luck and Drought.

I also disliked (in the in-game sense) being pushed about why Luck rather than Ash, and so dug my heels in a lot more obviously than I was really committed to, because I feel the same question could be reversed: why Ash rather than Luck? Intuitively, both votes more or less seem to share similar motivations. If you (general) can't offer a reason to go Ash over Luck, then you are just as susceptible to complaints that there is no 'particular' reason contrastively for the Ash vote either. The charge of arbitrariness or agenda goes both ways, in my view. Intuitively, the fact that two players were pressing the Ash over Luck angle on me made me think that it mattered, and so I wanted to draw more out of them by being blatantly stubborn.

So if you saw no particular reason for Ash to live compared to Luck and Drought, then you're saying you basically voted Ash because you saw two players have an interest in Ash surviving?

13 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

There were also too many people holding votes (TGK, JNV that I remember, possibly more), which I was concerned meant they'd jump on the first convenient train, potentially to save Ash

Ok, fair enough. On one hand, I'm tempted to dismiss this as C1 syndrome, but on the other hand, that's not especially helpful either.

31 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Effort yes, but also:

Well, you've claimed TL, so if Luck is TL as well, that says some very interesting things about the distro. 

14 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

How does you asking this question track with defending the tie strategy with it's not meant to catch an elim?

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

How does you asking this question track with defending the tie strategy with it's not meant to catch an elim?

Because you should vote where your suspicions are first, and then for information. I don't see why it's a contradiction - I've said as much in my response to you that you shouldn't be creating ties between two players you think likely to be Village just for information. That's just bad Village play. But if you are indifferent between two players, or do not significantly suspect one over the other, why would you discount the possibility of generating more information from player response and vote progression analysis?

Joe's vote was framed as "I want to kill you for information." I accept some players are just going to be like this, and my question is meant to determine if Joe is simply pushing for Luckspren's death (ulterior motives?) or at least has a clear idea of how he expects a flip to be helpful.

Okay, now to digest the amount of information I have. Having my name shortened to "King" is new. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because there is a new crowd but it was previously TGK. Whatever works does work!

14 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

King Talks about the Lenses, misunderstands how Disguiser's Lenses work.

Yea I didn't clarify about being safe from kills. I don't know if I would have phrased it so bluntly in the synopsis. Was there anything else I missed? I would appreciate enlightenment

12 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I was considering between Ash and Mat, and then both you and JNV indicated a desire for Ash to live when I saw no particular reason for him to survive compared to Luck and Drought. There were also too many people holding votes (TGK, JNV that I remember, possibly more), which I was concerned meant they'd jump on the first convenient train, potentially to save Ash. What was in your PM with Ash that made you prefer voting Luck?

I do believe that there is a difference between abstaining without contributing and objecting to be involved. I believe I was in the later. Pretty quickly into the round votes were being cast and I don't feel that my vote would have contributed. Most of the conversation was well beyond my Meta knowledge and, like I said, is good discussion but I feel my vote ends up being swayed by other players votes. Otherwise, it's either killing an inactive or RNG. I know it's information and some of the CC arguments have some founding but if I vote C1 I see several scenarios as a more quiet/returning player voting.

1 - I end up in a bandwagon and have a small amount of guilt immediately subscribed

2 - I end up as a losing vote which has a similar effect. It can tie me to another players actions 

3 - I end up killing an elim which doesn't prove my innocence and if a bandwagon exists can have some game consequences which I've seen go good and bad.

4 - The vote is random and doesn't mean anything

Honestly I feel that Meta C1 discussion has the detrimental effects because the concepts are fairly old and I believe both sides have very good arguments but it can start to feel like reading competing theses. Adding to that discussion is a lot of work that doesn't yield much C1. Those are my thoughts on the C1 discussion I don't think I will dwell on it much more.

As for my thoughts on the game:

- A Joe in the Bush has a couple posts but only contributed a bit in C1 and I don't know what drove the vote. Honestly I can understand the approach. @A Joe in the Bush was there a method to your vote?

- Steeldancer hasn't posted anything of immediate consequence. I would love to see more activity

- JNV a good post C1 but I don't have any lean towards village or Elim

The Wandering Wizard self described as cautious new player, an understandable approach but an easy hide for an elim as well. The vote and the retraction is somewhat typical C1 activity. I think I have a slight elim read

- Fifth Scholar was in on the exe and has been quiet this cycle. @Fifth Scholar any thoughts on the results of C1?

- The Unknown Novel A couple posts, no real read

- Droughtbringer No posts yet? I may have missed one but I don't think I did. The inactivity filter will take them if not

- The_God_King good guy, never led me astray :P

- Kasimir very active, very engaged. Haven't played with them but something is striking me as a bit off. I'm getting an elim vibe but I don't have the evidence to back it up yet

- Conquestor was in on the exe, the vote made sense and the switch cinched it. no read

- Devotary of Spontaneity voted near the end to seal Ashbringer's exe. Don't love it but C1 is a weird beast

- Luckspren some RP, no real read yet

On 7/22/2022 at 7:46 PM, Kasimir said:
  • Conq - Feels like an inactivity pressure vote on Ash. He feels engaged with the game in our PM, which is a good sign for me, but I suppose I'd like to ask more about why Ash pivot - you said you'd rather kill someone not participating, and I assume Drought was out because returnee, and Luckspren had those two posts. Is that the correct way to read your vote? @Conquestor

Well, let me explain. The reason I swapped over for multiple reasons. The first was that even though I had opposed Fifth's second vote on Ash early on, at that point in the cycle, we couldn't leave things at a four way tie. I was hoping that other people would start jumping in and using their votes, which I guess kind of happened. The second reason was for inactivity and day one I don't necessarily want to kill a villager that will be more active. Day 2 is when everything really goes down! I also was able to hop on about an hour before the cycle closed and saw that Ash didn't even bother really saying anything other than "Oh my...". I wish he said more, it would've been really helpful! 

Also, I'm assuming that the lenses are starting to consolidate. If Kas had a lens stolen from him and both Matrim's and Ash's lenses were given to two other random people, then that is something to think about as well. Speaking of lenses. We keep talking about TL lenses, but that could be either a Translator's lens or the Tracker's lens. How about TL for the Tracker's lens and TLL for the Translator's?

On 7/22/2022 at 6:59 PM, The Unknown Novel said:

I would call this a very defensive post. All Joe did was throw a little suspicion on you and suddenly you come out swinging. you seem to really want to stay under the radar. You've posted enough that most people haven't said anything (except Joe in his cycle overview) and you haven't voted once. You also haven't truly shared your opinion with the thread at all. Except about suspecting Kas and then talking about how it's quiet, but without contributing to any of the ongoing discussions. I realize that not everyone writes paragraphs for posts, but it would be nice to see something a little more meaningful from you TUN. @The Unknown Novel

Also, I forgot to RP. My other post is long enough that I don't want to edit to add it. If you don't care about RP than you can just ignore this post.

People yelling and a lot of other sounds were coming from outside of the Queen's Tea shop. "What in the rolling rhinoceros is going on outside?" Theonandrimicrus said, getting up from his bed. "It's too early for this..." Theo started to say, but then stopped. "The Librarians!" Theo yelled and rushed to get out of bed. He quickly got dressed and ran outside, not even bothering to lock the door behind him. He saw an absolute mess and there is no way that even a Librarian could organize this. People were shouting at each other and what he heard made his stomach churn. Apparently, they had done a thorough investigation on the now late Ashbringer and he was clean. He was one of the voices that sent this poor lad to his death. What a stoic figure. The next bit oof news shocked him more! The death of Matrim's dice... He was someone that was truly trying to help the Free Kingdom's. Theo began to have tears form for the state of his beloved home and it's people, but now was not the time to wait it out. "Now about wha I have to say..."

2 hours ago, The_God_King said:

Okay, now to digest the amount of information I have. Having my name shortened to "King" is new. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because there is a new crowd but it was previously TGK. Whatever works does work!

18 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

King Talks about the Lenses, misunderstands how Disguiser's Lenses work.

Yea I didn't clarify about being safe from kills. I don't know if I would have phrased it so bluntly in the synopsis. Was there anything else I missed? I would appreciate enlightenment

Do you prefer TGK? I can switch to that easily.

Like I mentioned, those notes were not supposed to make it into the thread. They were just my own summaries of posts. You did not miss anything else.

2 hours ago, The_God_King said:

A Joe in the Bush has a couple posts but only contributed a bit in C1 and I don't know what drove the vote. Honestly I can understand the approach. @A Joe in the Bush was there a method to your vote?

My vote on Drought was just to expand the tie. I knew Drought was an inactive player.

This cycle I'm willing to vote on Luckspren, Novel, or Wizard. Unless of course new information comes to light.

3 hours ago, Conquestor said:

I would call this a very defensive post. All Joe did was throw a little suspicion on you and suddenly you come out swinging. you seem to really want to stay under the radar. You've posted enough that most people haven't said anything (except Joe in his cycle overview) and you haven't voted once. You also haven't truly shared your opinion with the thread at all. Except about suspecting Kas and then talking about how it's quiet, but without contributing to any of the ongoing discussions. I realize that not everyone writes paragraphs for posts, but it would be nice to see something a little more meaningful from you TUN

I know what I say has no bearing, but you can look or someone else can confirm, I don’t vote unless I have a solid suspicion, or I have to for exlo. I mentioned earlier to Kas, I would rather have a little bit of accurate suspicion then a lot of barely supported guesses. The most meaningful thing I have is I don't like Kas' c1 posts, but their first post this cycle feels not only vil but like vil Kas, and the rest I haven't gotten any particular read from. Mat was my vil read, but you may have noticed that he's a corpse now. Also, what discussion? The Luckspren vs Ash discussions? The other major discussion was the inactivity/CC debate which I participated in a decent amount. I also discussed the Tie Strat with Kas. That's the Majority of topics we had last cycle I think.

Also, I didn’t come out swinging to Joe's post. I corrected an inaccuracy because I hate being misrepresented. 

Something else to note, I just went back through the thread, and I had more posts than you. I was in the top three posters last cycle. Maybe you should interact more, participate in some of the discussions. 

That meaningful enough for you?

Edited by The Unknown Novel

3 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

I know what I say has no bearing, but you can look or someone else can confirm, I don’t vote unless I have a solid suspicion, or I have to for exlo. I mentioned earlier to Kas, I would rather have a little bit of accurate suspicion then a lot of barely supported guesses. The most meaningful thing I have is I don't like Kas' c1 posts, but their first post this cycle feels not only vil but like vil Kas, and the rest I haven't gotten any particular read from. Mat was my vil read, but you may have noticed that he's a corpse now. Also, what discussion? The Luckspren vs Ash discussions? The other major discussion was the inactivity/CC debate which I participated in a decent amount. I also discussed the Tie Strat with Kas. That's the Majority of topics we had last cycle I think.

Also, I didn’t come out swinging to Joe's post. I corrected an inaccuracy because I hate being misrepresented. 

Something else to note, I just went back through the thread, and I had more posts than you. I was in the top three posters last cycle. Maybe you should interact more, participate in some of the discussions. 

That meaningful enough for you?

Wow, I feel like there is a lot to unpack here. What do you mean what you say has no bearing, no one has said that. It's true that I am completely unaware of your playstyle, but not only have I had at least some slight elim vibes from you, it seems like several others have had somewhat similar vibes. Nothing serious but you are still pinging elim for me enough. I agree that I don't necessarily love Kas's C1 posts, but that was the way I felt about most C1 posts. Okay, fair enough, there wasn't a ton of good discussions C1, what would you have liked to see more of in terms of discussions? 

Well, again this may just be your playstyle, but you seem to go very defensive when someone points you out. For me that tends to be something more elim leaning, but to be fair, no one wants to die. Especially with longer games like these.

I went back through the last cycle, just to count the number of posts that we each had and you had 8 and I had 6. Both pretty decent amounts, perhaps I should post more, but at the beginning of the cycle I was getting back into the swing of things and near the end, I was rather busy. Also, my posts were much longer than your own. (This may have to do with the business of your life though, so I'll reserve judgment there.)

I just feel like as the first person to really say something about you, this whole post felt, well kind of defensive. Also, yes, this post was very meaningful and so thank you for taking the time to write it.